Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition against Chinese Occupation in Tibet

prana Guest

Petition against Chinese Occupation in Tibet

This is a petition for the freedom of Tibetans to practice their religion and belief.

This is a plea for the freedom of Tibetans and to have the right to save their country, their people and the right to practice their religion as they have for so long.

To return Lhasa to the quiet, peaceful place that is was whereby Tibetans travel for days, weeks, months to pay their respects to their beloved Dalai Lama.

Om Mani Padme Hum ...

Please add to this thread to show your support

Breathe till there is no breath...

Eight Diagram Boxer Guest

I support that

Free Tibet

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

ninja turtle Guest

Solidarity

I'll get a full body tattoo of the Tibetan Flag and run naked in the streets of Lhasa- maybe then Tibet's situation would get some attention in American media.
    The papers would read:
    "American man beaten and imprisoned for nudity and illegal acknowledgement of a country/people/culture/religion now threatened by genocide and/or extinction."
    This isn't really a petition- but it should be.

denali Guest
    Does a petition full of nicknames and aliases really mean anything?

prana Guest

Denali

Denali

You are absolutely right. I did question as to whether I should have started a thread like this in this way. I do however see one little advantage.

There are many people who would rather keep a closed eye to the problem and reality that people of Tibet are facing. At least, this way, people are given an introduction, the seed that will hopefully fruit into their minds.

If any good comes out of this, its worth the effort. I hope you understand...

joedoe Guest
    I'm in. Free Tibet.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Fish of Fury Guest

free tibet

i quite liked that Sting song, that he wrote for the Dalai lama.
    i think it was "Tibet's too big without you" :)

Valraven Guest
    What do you think this thread will accomplish?

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-

Politics? Did someone make a political statement?

The Freedom of Tibet movement is very interesting.
    A couple of things you really have to ask yourself about the cause:

#1. Why did China occupy Tibet?

#2. Why did the Dalai Lama leave?

Otherwise, to say Free Tibet is not unlike saying "Free Palestine" or for that matter "Let's give North America and South Amereica back to the rightful owners"

Personally, the most important question of the above two is number two. Why did the Dalai Lama leave?

peace

Kung Lek

joedoe Guest

Kung Lek

I dunno, why did China invade Tibet?

I don't know much about the surrounding issues, but it seems to me that if Tibet had been an independent entity, then for China to go in there and seize control seems wrong.

As I said, I don't know much about it, but on face value it seems wrong.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

ddh Guest

Free Tibet

The USA had it's Vietnam and China will have it's Tibet. Let's just hope there are some Tibetans left to get their country back together.

Tekarius Guest
    Kung Lek raised a really good point there.

The Black Dragon Guest
    Tibet was an independant country that literally had no maeans in defending itself against its rival countries, save the great tibetan mountains. Thus it is only right for China to give back Tibet, as Tibet has been independant for thousands of years until about 50 years ago. The whole place should be freed...

MoQ Guest
    For an idea as to the situation, rent Scorcese's beautiful "Kundun"... There will no longer be an ambivolent reaction to the moral question and no reason to offer alternate perspectives.

FREE TIBET!

tanglangman Guest
    If China did cease it's occupation of Tibet wouldn't somebody else invade it?

Why focus on Tibet?