Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Petition against Chinese Occupation in Tibet

JerryLove Guest

Integrate Tibet

California has it's own culture, why cannot Tibet? What was the revolutionary motto? "No taxation without representation". Why bother with splitting up borders, balkanizing the region, dealing with transitory governments? How about we push for a reform of the Chinese government to treat all it's citizens fairly and well so that individuals, weather in Hong Kong, Manchuria, or Tibet, can persue the lifestyles and culture that most appeals to them?

joedoe Guest
    Admirable sentiments, but don't you think it would be difficult to push for reform of another country's govt, let alone that of China?

How would you feel if the Chinese were pushing for reform of your govt?

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

JerryLove Guest
    Be an improvement on bribing officials to get what they want from us.

Though I loved the jokes last election about thrid-world countries sending in observers to supervise our election.

BTW, we've been sanctioning China for decades to get them to change. It is only recently that we have opened trade (why do you think everything was "made in Hong Kong" for so long?)

JerryLove Guest
    Besides, however hard reform might be, it's got to be easer than getting a still expansionist power (seen them threaten Tiwan lately?) to give up a large territory.

joedoe Guest
    But did the sanctions bring about change in China?

It is difficult to get any country's govt to change (I don't like the term reform because that implies that they are wrong and we are right). When you have a dictatorship or a rigid ruling structure like China, then the task is even harder.

I have always been curious - if the US has always fought for democracy, then why did it not take the fight to countries that have ruling monarchies?

JerryLove Guest
    Like where?

joedoe Guest
    Nepal is still a ruling monarchy.

Fish of Fury Guest
    only just

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

shaolinboxer Guest

Free Hawaii!!!!!

Ever read about the history of Hawaii? Similar to Tibet. I can't wait for my honeymoon there, in the good old U S of A baby!

charliec Guest
    Nod. I'm there.

----
    For those entering the
    realm of Wu with their
    mind on Ch'an, the
    silent smile awaits
    them. - Ch'au-Lu

http://
    www.thousandbuddha.org

prana Guest
    Charlie,

I like your linked site !

"Either your two side channels are open, and your central channel closed, or
    your central channel open, and your two side channels closed.
    These are the only alternatives..."

Lama Yeshe quoting Lama Tsongkhapa

ttt 4 2016!

Anyone ever been to the Academy of Larung Gar?

China to demolish half of world’s biggest Buddhist centre
    POSTED BY: GOPI JUNE 10, 2016

Beijing, June 10 (IANS) China is planning significant demolition at one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in the world, which would reduce the centre to half its size and render thousands homeless, said Human Rights Watch on Friday.

According to a recent official order, the Chinese government is set to demolish the residential quarters of around 5,000 monks and other workers of the Academy of Larung Gar that is home to 10,000 people, and impose joint management of the monastery, Efe news quoted a statement by HRW as saying.

The country's ruling Communist Party or local government officials will form the majority in the monastery's new management team, a practice that has become common in other monasteries in the Tibetan regions too, HRW claimed.

HRW calls this a violation of the right to religious freedom as enshrined in the Chinese constitution, and urged Beijing to reconsider its policy.

The human rights organisation's protest comes shortly after it released an extensive report on persecution in Tibetan regions.

In the report, HRW expresses concern against the Chinese government having extended its repression of dissidence to these enclaves through unprecedented monitoring and control in rural areas and small cities, and leading to never-before-seen numbers of detentions and protests.

Buddhists, however, are not the only religious group to be reeling under such repression; in eastern China, authorities are withdrawing or destroying crosses from churches, while children and Muslim officials are forbidden to fast during Ramadan in the western part of the country.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here's a thing: It doesn't matter if buildings and thrones are usurped.
    The 8 fold path can be followed from any walk of life, from anywhere you are.

Leaders and followers are not necessary to the practice of finding the buddha within.
    Cultivate harmony with others. Be compassionate. Carry on.

In my opinion, it's time for the temple to live in the heart where it belongs and the institutions, which are all corrupt anyway can be seen as such and known to be that. Corruptions of the Philosophy. Corruptions of humans.
    Kung Fu is good for you.