Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Demasco left USSD?

Steve Demasco left USSD?

I heard Steve Demasco left USSD and started his own chain of shaolin kempo schools, can anybody confirm this?

would not be the first time. he left the system back in the early nineties when he first broke off from villari. then came back. rumor was he was sued by mattera and was forced to come back. don't know if there is any truth to that though. but i was still an instructor back then, and this rumor was being circulated "in house".
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I've heard he's gone. It becomes official in January. More updates to follow as I find out more.

cjurakpt Guest
    so now he will no doubt expand his already stunning resume of accolades listed on his website (the ones in bold I find particularly worthy of intense ridicule):

• Certified Grandmaster, Shaolin Temple
    • Ambassador to the United States for China's Shaolin Temples
    • Tenth Degree Black Belt Shaolin Kempo (30 years)
    • Grandmaster of the Year Award for American Federation
      of Martial Arts Hall of Fame January, 2000
    • Inducted into the International Black Belt Hall of Fame
    • Black Belt Magazine Cover: 1999 and 2002 plus many articles.
    • Inducted into the Eastern Alliance Martial Artist Hall of Fame, 1999
    • Certified Instructor in Northern Preying Mantis
    • Master in Black Tiger Kung Fu (Hark-Fu)
    • Master of Chinese Weapons
    • United States Professional Karate Association Title Holder: Fastest Knockout with a Kick in Full Contact Karate (22.7 seconds)
    • Amateur Boxer - Rocky Marciano Gym, 1968-1971
    • Personal Disciple to Abbot of Shaolin Temple

BTW: 22.7 seconds seems like an awfuly slow kick to me...
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 12-16-2007 at 03:06 AM.

Goodness. 10th degree, when did that happen. Black Tiger? Under what lineage.? Preying Mantis? Under what lineage?

WTF?!?!?!

And how come he did not include the crappy B movies he made.

And that whole Shaolin Temple crap is embelished. Discipleship and ambassador due to a contribution made by USSD. He did not even bother naming the Abbot.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Well, 10th dan happened a few years ago. It's amazing what you can do when you can...nevermind, I won't say it. However, I was just on the USSD website, and if you look for the Academy, Steve is off the website. None of his regions have an academy. I guess it's a done deal.

Great, another McDojo in the running courtesy of Steve Demasco. How many school did he have under him? Mainly east coast, CT/NY/NJ if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Great, another McDojo in the running courtesy of Steve Demasco. How many school did he have under him? Mainly east coast, CT/NY/NJ if I recall.
    Actually, it's NY (the two that are left there) NH, PA, and there's a school in North Carolina that's not listed.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    Actually, it's NY (the two that are left there)
    yeah, one of them is down the street from my son's old pediatrician: I used to hold him up at the window and tell him that this was where the silly people came to play...

i don;t even think the abbot of shaolin knows any kung fu, so why would he want to claim discipleship.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i don;t even think the abbot of shaolin knows any kung fu, so why would he want to claim discipleship.

Shhhhh......no one outside Kung Fu practitioners know that. It a great way to charge hundred of dollars for lesson. Keep it on the DL will ya. Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    I heard Steve Demasco left USSD and started his own chain of shaolin kempo schools, can anybody confirm this?

I hear a rumor about Steve Demasco leaving ussd about once a year.
    Not surprised Demasco if he did leave he would make more money on his own then with Charles Mattera's greedy organization IMHO.
    Dead monkeys are everywhere
    Don't train with people who lie about what they teach.
    Where's the shaolin in shaolin kempo?

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    would not be the first time. he left the system back in the early nineties when he first broke off from villari. then came back. rumor was he was sued by mattera and was forced to come back. don't know if there is any truth to that though. but i was still an instructor back then, and this rumor was being circulated "in house".

Really! So Mattera sued him to come back? Do you remember how long mattera and him fought over it?

I remember Mattera and them trying to get the east coast ussd schools to convert to the west coast prices and losing almost all of the schools. They went down there and talk to all the schools and most just took the ussd signs down and went independent.

Steve never had a whole lot of schools under him but the move on Mattera's part cost him about 20 schools out of the 30 he had, now ussd has about 7 schools on the east coast.

If this is true then mattera probably has 4-5 schools left on the east coast.
    Dead monkeys are everywhere
    Don't train with people who lie about what they teach.
    Where's the shaolin in shaolin kempo?

Quote Originally Posted by sun dragon View Post
    Really! So Mattera sued him to come back? Do you remember how long mattera and him fought over it?

If I recall correctly the suit was something about breech of contract. It happened shortly after Master Nick Cerios visit to USSD and the demo he performed at the Bren Event center. We did not here about Demasco until he was back again at one of the black belt test the following year.

Again this info is based on rumors and hearsay. I was never pivy to the entire deal.

Steve Demasco

some investigators you all turned out to be,
    the answers are quite simple.
    Who is Stephen B. Demasco,
    As for the traditional Chinese martial arts.
    Not including his kempo back round or boxing.
    He Studied the Wah Lum Pai System for 13 yrs in Boston Chinatown
    His certification is signed sealed and stamped by there organizations Grandmaster P. Chan,
    The Rank Awarded to him 7th level accompanied by the formal Black and Gold Sash that hangs on his wall in his office.
    His Certificate dates sometime in the early 80's probably before most of you, not all of you but Most who are posting bull sh:"t about his credentials even stepped on the floor to study the arts.
    In the years of his training with the Wah Lum Pai System not once did he incorporate it into his kempo.
    He did not teach it to his students as kempo or commercialize it for capital gain.
    I asked him one day why he did not teach what he had learned he said out of respect for his teachers.He simply stated i loved the system and its for me my students are learning kempo karate.
    Kempo is for the public he said its a wonderful self defense system.
    Wah lum is for myself because i choose to spend the 13 yrs to study it.
    i was authorized to teach it as well but choose not to because i was not opening a wah lum pai school.
    After P. Chan moved to Florida Steve Demasco decided to find another Kung fu legend.
    The one he tried to obtain guidance from was Fu Jow Pai Grand Master Wai Hong. although his opportunity to train directly under him was not possible he was shooed away while pushing the buzzer at the schools main entrance many times.
    One day he seen a few instructors leaving from a back entrance he tried to enter through. He then met his next instructor that he spent the next 12 years training privately with
    Master Tak Wah Eng although through Master Tak Wah Eng,
    Steve Demasco was able to eventually take private lessons with grandmaster Wai Hong at that time they were spaced out most of his training came through Master Tak Wah Eng. Fu Jow Pai Southern Weapons As well as Hung gar Northern shaolin what ever tak had to teach Demasco Learned eventually Tak Awarded him a title of Masters level 12 yrs later.
    In the year 2003 Steve again took more lessons in Fu Jow Pai From the Great Grandmaster Wai Hong in his apartment in Chinatown. i drove him there.
    lets not forget that his trips with ussd to the temple was after he was already awarded the title of honorable Master of the shaolin Temple this was bestowed upon him i think in 1997 on his trip to china to meet the abbot he preformed the Iron wire form as taught to him by Sifu Tak Wah Eng why Would tak wah eng teach someone a form of that level to someone he did not feel deserved it. Steve's performance was well excepted and then awarded the title of ambassador of the temple to the USA . then came the ussd trip the first trip was Steve by his self no money not all the students i have it on tape.
    then later he felt so honored by the gesture that he felt the law of reciprocation was in place here so he told the Abbott about the success of his studios which at that time was only about 30 did not include matteras. they discussed a trip and the rest is history as for the ussd Demasco break up its not a break up on bad terms i just got off the phone with GM Demasco and he told me that it is not a hostile break up he has a great deal of respect for the organization. He stated that he and GM Mattera will always be great friends.
    this is not about friendship gone bad.
    I hope and i am sure this will ruffle a lot of your feather but these are the facts like them or not . do some research call him at his school or get his number off his web site and give Grandmaster Demasco a call.
    by the way he kempo is awesome!
    respectful hands
    4u2nv
    as for his knock out, that was after the bell rang silly that comment made even Demasco crack up for about 10 minutes of the phone this morning
    Last edited by 4u2nv; 12-20-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammer