Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Demasco left USSD?

Quote Originally Posted by KFNOOB View Post
    Is Ingargiola's place good? Im looking for a school. Thanks.

Well since no one has asked this question, and its the most important question when starting out in the martial arts, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF YOUR TRAINING?

By answering this question, you can better answer the question of "good school" for you.

If you only want to learn to fight, going to a GOOD Wushu school will not be your cup of tea. If you want to learn traditional way, going to a GOOD San Da school will not be good for you. If you are just doing it to stay in shape, a GOOD traditional school will not be good for you.

Kinda like taking up cycling. If you want to learn to compete professionally you would not go to a class that teaches recreational cycling. See what I mean here.

What do you want out of your martial arts training. Fight, Forms, Fitness, etc.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Well since no one has asked this question, and its the most important question when starting out in the martial arts, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF YOUR TRAINING?

By answering this question, you can better answer the question of "good school" for you.

If you only want to learn to fight, going to a GOOD Wushu school will not be your cup of tea. If you want to learn traditional way, going to a GOOD San Da school will not be good for you. If you are just doing it to stay in shape, a GOOD traditional school will not be good for you.

Kinda like taking up cycling. If you want to learn to compete professionally you would not go to a class that teaches recreational cycling. See what I mean here.

What do you want out of your martial arts training. Fight, Forms, Fitness, etc.
    i Agree with him you have to know what your destination is or like My Grandmaster Wai Hong States you are like a blind man, on a blind horse in the dark,
    You do know where you are going, how to get there and where to start...

Not looking to compete. Looking to learn, enjot myself. A means of exercizing, fitness, increase flexibility. While Im at it learn some self defense...something Im always interested in.

I am training in another art that I believe offers this but am looking at TCMA to be an art to learn, accomplish goals etc.

Not looking to compete. Looking to learn, enjot myself. A means of exercizing, fitness, increase flexibility. While Im at it learn some self defense...something Im always interested in.

I am training in another art that I believe offers this but am looking at TCMA to be an art to learn, accomplish goals etc.

Ahhh...I see. In that case a traditional kwoon may really be where you need to be. Don't know much about this school and how close it is to you. However, I have heard decent things about it on the few discussion boards I read. Its a good style as well, hung gar.

http://www.lingnamsiulum.com/

Traditional training tend to have a slower progression. Great emphasis on learning proper technique and structure before progressing, rather than just learning the movements. Some gets frustrated cause they feel they are not learing anything. However, they do not realize that they are in the building stage in the beginning. This means stance training, body conditioning, and learning proper structure to perfom more advanced level techniques later.

Lots of good teacher in the LI/NY area. Take your time to look around. Took my 5yrs to find a good sifu after I moved to the Dallas area. Also if you sniff out a Kung Fu competition in the area. Go to it. Watch the competitors. If you find one or a group from a school that impresses you, ask them where they study. If its not nearby, see if maybe they know of a place nearby. Lots of schools know each other through seminars or by reputation.

Good luck in your search. Hopefully I was able to give you some pointers. Too bad your not in Dallas area, I could've invited you to our school.
    Last edited by xcakid; 01-09-2008 at 08:04 AM.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Thanks. I have heard good things about that place. I like his philosopht (according to his website). Only question is schedule. He doesnt have a lot of class times. Looking also at this place www.nymatc.com which is more in the Jeet Kune Do class, heavy on conditioing though so may be too simlar to what Im doing now.

Do you know of Sifu Charles Chi at www.nymatc.com?

Thanks. I have heard good things about that place. I like his philosopht (according to his website). Only question is schedule. He doesnt have a lot of class times. Looking also at this place www.nymatc.com which is more in the Jeet Kune Do class, heavy on conditioing though so may be too simlar to what Im doing now.

Do you know of Sifu Charles Chi at www.nymatc.com?

No. Only people I know of in the NYC areas are the Ying Jow Pai (Eagle Claw) guys since I took that system many years back. Its been years so I am also a bit out of the loop there.

Go and observe a few classes. See if it suits you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    KFNOOB-feel free to call the Mo-Kwoon @(631)351-1556
    perhaps we are what you are looking for. I no longer post on this forum, so any further communication must be made by phone or e-mail.
    Sifu Rik Kellerman
    Ten Tigers Kung-Fu Academy
    Long Island, NY
    Siu Lum Hung-Kuen (Hung-Ga Kung-Fu)

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
    Just spoke with Grandmaster Demasco,
    he is not selling rank.
    Never has never will.
    He has nothing against the way ussd runs there business, that works for them so be it.
    After all these years of training he would like to do what he feels is best for him.
    He will be offering a affiliate program or two types.
    1. a shaolin chuan fa program ( and no he is not creating a new style all of his years of teaching he has always called what he does shaolin chuan fa.
    2 . he will be offering a shaolin training program based on what he has learned in the chinese arts for the past 25 to 30 yrs of training in them.
    Under his guidance people who feel like they want to be apart of what he has to offer will own 100% of there own schools.
    black belt mag will be covering a story on all the questions many people will have over the next few months. He told me he enjoyed the time spent with ussd said they will always do well with what they offer. Regardless of what many think.
    Many think that GM Mattera tried to sue GM demasco many years ago to stay, from what i know this is not true but i will ask about it when i speak to him tomorrow.
    GM demasco will be doing a seminar in california some time soon. This seminar will be on Shaolin Chuan Fa self defense. The seminar will be held at a old student of Demasco's that he has never lost touch with Demasco through every thing and anything that has happened with him.
    No it is not a ussd school that will be hosting the seminar.
    I will keep all posted if you are interested. I am not sure yet if it will be a closed door seminar.
    Demasco has been asked to travel all over the world to lecture, do seminars he has always felt that what he offers is for his students that are with him so he always respectfully refused to do them. I am not sure if this will change or not but i know that many things about him has. I think everyone will see a Stephen Demasco they have never seen before.
    How many of you have actually seen him perform preying mantis or black tiger, fu hok or shaolin.
    If you have not seen him apply self defense then you need to before judging him.
    i will be spending thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday with him. Also like i stated in previous post call him he is a pleasure to speak to. He knows his stuff come on if you studied wah lum pai for 13 years your going to learn something, if you studied under master Tak Wah Eng for 12 years your goining to learn something thing . Demasco never boosts about his Mantis or even advertises it he gives the black tiger a bit of exposure because he learned the iron wire from master Tak Wah and feels that form is what opened the door to shaolin for him.This was before he brought students there. In 1997 when he went there by himself no big ussd group. At that time he talked with the abbott for sometime about his up brining not really the arts. They then moved to the court yard where the abbott had two of his guys waiting for them perform. One of them performed a tiger form of some sort and the other a mantis. Then the Abbott asked Demasco to take the floor so he did.
    Demasco performed the Iron wire and then demonstrated self defense.
    The rest is history.
    Demasco's feels bringing students to the temple is a way of giving back to the temple.
    bringing students to the temple was and still is many students of the arts dream.
    By the way he wanted to thank all of you who wished him good luck on his venture, he hopes to cross paths with all of you some time in the near future.
    respectfulhands,
    4u2nv

So he approves of ussd's mafiso tactics? If so I would not associate with him if thats the path he is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    So he approves of ussd's mafiso tactics? If so I would not associate with him if thats the path he is going down.
    Definitely not. He's merely saying what USSD does works for them and he respects that. Sounds like a respectful, non confrontational response to me, which is the way it should be. Why would someone leave a company only to create a new company that is exactly like the one they left? For prestige? No, trust me. This isn't about prestige. Give it time and don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Too much speculating and not enough "let's wait and see".

Quote Originally Posted by MadamKicksAlot View Post
    Definitely not. He's merely saying what USSD does works for them and he respects that. Sounds like a respectful, non confrontational response to me, which is the way it should be. Why would someone leave a company only to create a new company that is exactly like the one they left? For prestige? No, trust me. This isn't about prestige. Give it time and don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Too much speculating and not enough "let's wait and see".

When you said , He has nothing against the way ussd runs there business.

Thats where I have a problem with him.

Ussd has a good marketing strategy and thats it.

The way they run their business sucks imho.

No sales tax license. They have to know thats illegal they own Bushido martial arts supplies. They could goto jail for a long time for that.

Paying their instructors 1009's with set hours. Thats really illegal!

Harassing breakoff schools because they don't want to do work with ussd no more. Thats why Richard Black is a convicted felon for beating up another karate school guy and HIS WIFE WHO WAS HOLDING A BABY!!!

NOW TELL ME HONESTLY DO YOU THINK USSD SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO RUN KARATE SCHOOLS?

I 'm so waiting for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    When you said , He has nothing against the way ussd runs there business.

Thats where I have a problem with him.

Ussd has a good marketing strategy and thats it.

The way they run their business sucks imho.

No sales tax license. They have to know thats illegal they own Bushido martial arts supplies. They could goto jail for a long time for that.

Paying their instructors 1009's with set hours. Thats really illegal!

Harassing breakoff schools because they don't want to do work with ussd no more. Thats why Richard Black is a convicted felon for beating up another karate school guy and HIS WIFE WHO WAS HOLDING A BABY!!!

NOW TELL ME HONESTLY DO YOU THINK USSD SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO RUN KARATE SCHOOLS?

I 'm so waiting for your reply.
    Interesting how you're snapping at me for something someone ELSE is quoted as saying. I have never once stated that I dont' have a problem with the way they run their operations. I think i have pretty good idea of what it's like to be on the short end of the stick. That's a story for another day. But anyhow...it isn't my job to be negative. I firmly believe those who are bad WILL successfully run themselves into the ground, in the long run, and do not need my assistance. I sincerely believe that what goes around, comes around. So i need not worry

As for Grandmaster DeMasco...i'm almost certain his comments regarding USSD are meant to be polite and non confrontational. He's off on his own venture and doesn't need to be starting a company by bad mouthing another. He's doing the respectful, ethical thing and you can't blame him for that.

Interesting how you're snapping at me for something someone ELSE is quoted as saying. I have never once stated that I dont' have a problem with the way they run their operations. I think i have pretty good idea of what it's like to be on the short end of the stick. That's a story for another day. But anyhow...it isn't my job to be negative. I firmly believe those who are bad WILL successfully run themselves into the ground, in the long run, and do not need my assistance. I sincerely believe that what goes around, comes around. So i need not worry

As for Grandmaster DeMasco...i'm almost certain his comments regarding USSD are meant to be polite and non confrontational. He's off on his own venture and doesn't need to be starting a company by bad mouthing another. He's doing the respectful, ethical thing and you can't blame him for that.

Then you should not have answered it.

The question were for 4u2

You still did not answer my questions.

lol

Wow, Have an attitude problem much?

Wow, Have an attitude problem much?

I'm sorry if I offended you MadamKicksAlot. I have been burned bad by ussd and only wish for them to close down.

Every ussd instructor on here refuses to answer my questions including you.

I only wish people to know what slime balls Mattera,Taylor and his cronies really are. They destroy peoples lives and only care about the all mighty $$$$$$$

If you leave ussd you would find out that these smiling faces turn to anger pretty quick.

They attack other dojos not just ones that leave them other ones in the town their in that make too much money.

I wanted you to ask your Master my questions so he could look you in the face and ether lie to you and say these claims are bogus or say he doesn't approve of Mattera's mafios tactics

I am sorry I snapped at you.

cjurakpt Guest
    boy, Eng Tak Wah has really found a second life as an icon of the Kem/npo world...