Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandmaster Paulie Zink

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    As my si-hing is the person who gave Paulie Zink a copy of Chan Sau Chung's book and was around at the "beginning" I can tell you without any doubt that Paulie Zink is a fraud, and is aware he is a fraud.

He had all the classic signs of a fraud

1) Originally, the identity of his teacher was a "secret"

2) Later, when that wouldn't "fly", he created a person who is supposed to be Chan Sau Chung's senior The fact that NO ONE has ever heard of this person, in TSPK circles, should raise obvious questions

3) One day, Paulie Zink has NO INFO on the system or it's history. After my Si-Hing gave Paulie a copy of Chan Sau Chung's book, Zink seems to have "remembered" the history, and SURPRISE! it seems to be like a word for word translation of Chan Sau Chung's book!

4) Paulie Zink's book clearly plagarizes Chan Sau Chung's book

5) Despite the fact Paulie Zink asked my Si-HIng in the 1980's to deliver letters to Chan Sau Chung (in which Paulie asked to become a student), in the 1990's Paulie claimed he was never aware of Chan Sau Chung's existance

All this being said, I have personally met Zink's student who is here in NYC and he is a very nice guy. I do not hold the student at fault for the sins of the teacher

like i said wants chan sau chung came into town. it was pretty much lights out for paulie. the guy should actually go learn the reall art since his **** is bull.

I doubt anyone in the know would teach him at this point. His best bet would be to just say he founded his own system and leave it at that.

Met Chan and his son, and to be honest....was not impressed.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

oooooh thems fighting words!!!!!!! i don't think chan or his son checks this forum but i think a student or two of his is and i think you may have sparked our next flame war.

paulie zink stinkz!!

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Met Chan and his son, and to be honest....was not impressed.
    Jake
    You should check out Chan sau chung's student, Chow Keung (http://www.wavingclouds.com/artists/ChowKeung.htm) or any of the HK TSPK guys. Perhaps get into a little sparring with him. At age 62 , I have no doubt that he will have a ball with you.

Chan Sau Chung has produced some pretty famous HK fighters over the years. How many have you produced?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Good for him bro. If he has produced so many good guys I am happy for him. No need to get your knickers in a bunch!
    I was not impressed by the attitude I was met with is all. I cannot speak of anyones abilities.
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Good for him bro. If he has produced so many good guys I am happy for him. No need to get your knickers in a bunch!
    I was not impressed by the attitude I was met with is all. I cannot speak of anyones abilities.
    Jake
    Hate to say this, but it IS true, he is a big name, and the big names in TCMA seem to think they are "above" everyone, especially when the "everyone" has a white face.

Have more than a few instances where I was treated rather rudely at first, then Chan Tai San would show up, introduce me and the attituted would do a 360 degree turn around.

Chan Sau Chung is very skilled at what he does, it's solid kung fu. He can't fly or walk up the side of the Empire State building. TSPK is solid kung fu, no more, no less.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Sorry. Didnt mean to sound hostile. When you said 'not impressed' I asumed you meant with skill. I noticed from your website listed in your profile that Pauly Zink was one of your teachers, and thought it was some kind of attack.

I havent met Chan Sau Chung personally myself, but I also study TSPK with Chow Keung. CK is one of the most humblest and most geniune people I know.

CK and my CLF sifu (Li Siu Hung) are very close, and I respect them and their styles.
    得 心 應 手

One more reason not to jump to conclusions
    Actually if you read my site carefully, he is listed (with others) that I have learned a bit from. Not one of my teachers per se. I have trained with many people who have left subtle lesson's throughout my martial range, but those might have been only short instances. I list those people to give credit where it is due. I had a wonderful long weekend about 8 years ago training with Paulie and some of his crew. Nicest guy. Talk about humble. If he did indeed rip off something (I have no clue, nor do I give a ****) then he is one of the most amazing athletes I have ever seen! I did not touch hands with the man, but his movement is top notch! Very, VERY, impressive from a guy who is a "fake."

I have heard all sorts of things about Chan. I met him twice and he and his son were extremely rude. Not to mention I think it is absurd to pay for a site outing someone in the community for your own financial gain! Immature. Unprofessional. And ultimately (IMO) it made Chan look like more of an ass than Paulie! Regardless of the "truth" (whatever that means). I have a friend who went to one of Chan's first seminars over here in the US, and he said well over 1/2 of it was *****ing about Zink and how he "ripped" off everyone.
    Lets see.... I pay X amount to LEARN something in a seminar, where the teachers basically spends the majority of time selling himself by discrediting another! I paid this X amount for what? Who is getting ripped?

Two sides to every story I suppose.
    Again, I have no clue of Chan abilities. Never touched hands with him. Have touched hands with a couple of his students, and........well.......... lets leave it at that

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

I've been to a few schools in HK, and I was most impressed with the fighting at the TSPK school (chow Keungs Martial Arts Association). Though they mostly enter thai boxing championships, they still use their TSPK in these fights.

I've met a good few of Chan Sau Chung's older students (Sin Lam Yuk, Thomas Sin, Sifu Chow - just a few), and I've had the pleasure to train FIGHTING with them. Judging from these guys, Chan Sau Chung did a very good job in teaching these old fellows how to fight. Guess he must have done something right.

Pauly Zink seemed pretty flexible and athletic in the videos and pictures Ive seen of him. I'm sure things could have been different if he played the game differently.

While I dont know exactly how and what went down, I do agree with you that the manner in which he was discredited wasnt really cool.

Anyways, non of these affects me in any ways. for all I know Paulie Zink is a very nice guy.
    得 心 應 手

He is.
    Cheers, and happiest of Holidays in South Africa! ( I spoke with a nice young chap once about bringing me down to SA, but it never panned out! Hopefully someday I can visit).
    Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

I dont know anything about any of this.

But of course curiosity got the better of me, and it led me to my ol pal google.

Google told me this:

http://pauliezink.com/images/seminarimagetall.jpg

Judging from this picture, and many others on the net. The guy at least has some decent Yoga work for himself.

That posture does not happen over night.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The SA CMA scene is small enough for me to know everyone. I probably know the person you met.

December is holiday down here. Summer holidays. So we are all less stressed out and relaxing.

Happy holidays to you to
    得 心 應 手

Two sides to every story I suppose.
    Again, I have no clue of Chan abilities. Never touched hands with him. Have touched hands with a couple of his students, and........well.......... lets leave it at that

Jake
    Who have you touched hands with?