Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man Movie

dude you are being super anal about the wolverine thing. chill out

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Iron Fist? Ha, ha, ha. Please. I want Shang Chi - Master of Kung Fu! That would be the one to do. Shang Chi would beat Rand in a straight up fight!

Pretty sure they have fought, and Shang-Chi didn't win.

Besides, have your read the Immortal Iron Fist comics yet? Takes Iron Fist out of his 70s cheesiness and makes him real. Best thing running in Marvel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I still cant stand the changes that were made to Wolverine....

His claws werent part of his skeletal structure, then laced. As they should be.

They even come out of the wrong parts of his hand.....where's all the blood? That is why he keeps the holes permanently open with casings in the comics...so he doesnt have to gush mad blood on everthing every time he busts out.

I might be the only person to ever read and own the entire Weapon X series featured in Marvel Comics Presents.

That series is always what I think of when ever I think of wolverine. Pure animalistic rage and fury bent on destroying everything in his path to be free from oppression.
    Dude, there's plenty of room for Wolvie's claws to be part of his skeletal structure. I don't recall there being any sort of mechanism in there to pop those suckers. Besides, the whole bone claws thing was added way late in the game. Like '95.

My concern with this Wolvie movie coming out next year is that the promo pics I've seen thus far have the hair all wrong. He looks more like the cartoon Wolvie from X-Men Evolution or Ultimate X-Men. It's different from even the X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Well last week I heard something kind of interesting. They shot a scene with the Hulk meeting Iron Man at a bar having a beer.
    I don't believe it's in the film per se but something of a promo to promote the upcoming Hulk movie as well.

Actually you were scooped a while back in the Other Iron Man thread. Just the same, I'm always a sucker for the hope of a good comic book hero movie. Hopefully they'll set up a sequel with the Mandarin or Crimson Dynamo or Arsenal or Ultron or Titanium Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post

Besides, have your read the Immortal Iron Fist comics yet? Takes Iron Fist out of his 70s cheesiness and makes him real. Best thing running in Marvel right now.
    Correct.

And Lucas, I agree I don't like the wolverine character that much in the X-men movies, too much of a pansy, not to mention he looks nothing like the character should look like.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Correct.

And Lucas, I agree I don't like the wolverine character that much in the X-men movies, too much of a pansy, not to mention he looks nothing like the character should look like.
    Wizard magazine used to (maybe they still do, dont read it anymore) do these casting calls for comic movies.

They picked Glen Danzig.

Which I thought was an awsome choice:

hes short, hairy, buff, and is a HUGE wolverine fan.

the fact that he cant act shouldnt matter, good story line obviously didnt if you look at X3...

You know, on that note. I have picked up the recent Iron Fist, its good. I really like it.

Especially all the flash backs of the Iron Fists previous incarnations.

That is kind of what I had in mind for a movie of Iron Fist. Going through past versions, thus getting more than one main character.

You could focus on a few of the past men/women, to get more volume with the characters, and tie it all into Rands current adventure.

Or skip Rand all together and just go oldschool...so many possibilities with that title.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    dude you are being super anal about the wolverine thing. chill out
    nah, its just my opinion. I'm as chill as you can get.

I just dont like a lot of the changes made. Wolverine next to Spawn has always been my favorite characters, to see it changed in the areas it was is annoying.

Anyone here read the Weapon X series back in 91?

Wolverine #72 was when the weapon x origin was introduced into the free standing wolverine title. Xmen #98 was the first place to introduce wolverines claws being part of his anatomy. How many Xmen titles are there now?

Why change for the worse whats already the best?

For real life I dont care, but being bored at work with too much to do can lend me extra anal powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    You know, on that note. I have picked up the recent Iron Fist, its good. I really like it.

Especially all the flash backs of the Iron Fists previous incarnations.

That is kind of what I had in mind for a movie of Iron Fist. Going through past versions, thus getting more than one main character.

You could focus on a few of the past men/women, to get more volume with the characters, and tie it all into Rands current adventure.

Or skip Rand all together and just go oldschool...so many possibilities with that title.
    I heard that Ray Park had been picked to play IF, don't know if that is still true.
    I think it probably would have made a better TV series...
    As long as there is no cheesy masks or costumes.

I can vibe with an Iron Fist mask, just not the giant collar. I think Orson Randall is my favorite Iron Fist yet.

I heard that Ray Park had been picked to play IF, don't know if that is still true.
    I think it probably would have made a better TV series...
    As long as there is no cheesy masks or costumes.
    A TV series could be ok...but those things always just build up a lot of hype and momentum then fizzle out....

The story line definately has a LOT of room for a tele series though.

IF has the possiblity of being really gritty, traditional and hard core.

I can vibe with an Iron Fist mask, just not the giant collar. I think Orson Randall is my favorite Iron Fist yet.
    Minus the "chi bullets"

Minus the "chi bullets"
    That one kinda got me too.

IF has the possiblity of being really gritty, traditional and hard core.
    Only way to make comics for the movies in my view...

That one kinda got me too.
    It was an interesting take on the IF power, but I would have prefered something other than a gun.
    Still, its in line with the character.

something other than a gun.
    IF powered rope dart!