Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post

BTW Nightwing = Daredevil in blue... and we all remember how that movie worked out
    That was because of kevin smith and ben assfleck.
    May they both rot in hell.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    can we throw a leotardo decrapio in there too?

man i hate that guys face and the dirt he sports on it
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't recall Kevin Smith's involvement beyond an amusing cameo. The real culprit is Mark Steven Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    can we throw a leotardo decrapio in there too?

man i hate that guys face and the dirt he sports on it
    Hell is a big place
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Well, Robin has never really been handled correctly. That's why I think they should just introduce him in Part 3, and then skip to a Nightwing movie with him all grown up and still trying to cope with his mixed feelings towards Bruce's radical fanatacism.

But then they would have to add years to Batman/Bruce Wayne for it to make sense unless "**** Grayson"/Robin is in his mid to late teens (still young enough to be in the position of needing a legal guardian. Everyone, please remember that under Chris Nolan, the characters are being portrayed the way they should have been.

Down with the Tim Burton movies and those that came after.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Down with the Tim Burton movies and those that came after.
    It really began earlier, maybe even earlier than the TV show.

And the fact that so many of you like Robin tells me who here has seen the Sex in The City movie. The only dramatic element that can be added to a story of a lonely man obsessed with revenge on the killers of his family finding a dependent who he can shape to be a friend in vengeance is to make the ****eroticism overt, at which point we have The Dark Knight 2: BrokeBat Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    It really began earlier, maybe even earlier than the TV show.

And the fact that so many of you like Robin tells me who here has seen the Sex in The City movie. The only dramatic element that can be added to a story of a lonely man obsessed with revenge on the killers of his family finding a dependent who he can shape to be a friend in vengeance is to make the ****eroticism overt, at which point we have The Dark Knight 2: BrokeBat Mountain.

wasn't that already covered with BATMAN & ROBIN's latext nipples?

I think they should just adapt the Frank Miller Dark Night...and have Robin as a Hot Chick instead.
    Old ass Batman and maybe an old ass Superman cameo...meh...mebbe I'm reaching.....

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    I think they should just adapt the Frank Miller Dark Night...and have Robin as a Hot Chick instead.
    Old ass Batman and maybe an old ass Superman cameo...meh...mebbe I'm reaching.....
    that would rock. they could get clint eastwood to play batman. as for robin idk megan fox maybe?

clint would be the bomb

CLINT FOR PREZ!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Dude's are always hung up on the Grayson Robin... nevermind the noticably darker Jason Todd Robin. But they always get hung up on that particular costume. It's a weak costume, for sure. In case you didn't notice Robin was of a darker tone in Batman The Animated Series and they used the first Tim Drake costume for that show. They adapted the Tim Drake costume for Batman Forever too... and it worked. The writing just sucked and Shumacher latched onto the dynamic duo as a sort of caved gay couple that was railed about in the 1950s.

Tim Drake's Robin is now like the Tim Drake Robin of the later Batman The Animated Series episodes that were even darker than the earlier... no green, just red and black only now he's got a scalloped cape like the Bat and he's got gloves with the Bat-fins on them. I think that could be done in Nolan's world. Sadly, even he's hung up on campy Robin.

You've gotta do Robin in such a way as Batman remains dark and driven, but that he's nearly about to go over the edge and actually break he own rules and thus he needs the influence of Robin and his ward/adopted son to keep him grounded.

If they were to bring robin to the screen in this series, it would make a lot of sense if his suit was just all around very dark. maybe even just black straight up or solid dark dark red, ala ninja. maybe lose the cape all together and have his mask be more of a partial helmet.

its more realistic to start, whos going to go prowling around in anything but very dark clothing anyway.

there is a large emphasis on the functionality of batmans suit in the last 2 movies, even more emphasized in the fact that there was even a scene of bruce wayne requesting an improved set up based on experience.

very militant in the entire approach down to the 'bat cave', as well as the vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Dude's are always hung up on the Grayson Robin... nevermind the noticably darker Jason Todd Robin. But they always get hung up on that particular costume. It's a weak costume, for sure. In case you didn't notice Robin was of a darker tone in Batman The Animated Series and they used the first Tim Drake costume for that show. They adapted the Tim Drake costume for Batman Forever too... and it worked. The writing just sucked and Shumacher latched onto the dynamic duo as a sort of caved gay couple that was railed about in the 1950s.

Tim Drake's Robin is now like the Tim Drake Robin of the later Batman The Animated Series episodes that were even darker than the earlier... no green, just red and black only now he's got a scalloped cape like the Bat and he's got gloves with the Bat-fins on them. I think that could be done in Nolan's world. Sadly, even he's hung up on campy Robin.

You've gotta do Robin in such a way as Batman remains dark and driven, but that he's nearly about to go over the edge and actually break he own rules and thus he needs the influence of Robin and his ward/adopted son to keep him grounded.
    yeah they made tim drakes suit like that after superboy is killed, so robin alters his suit to the colors superboy wore.

It's a way better suit. However, it's almost exactly like the Tim Drake Robin from the later episodes of Batman TAS... vol 4 of the DVD sets. The only difference is that it lost the short sleeve and glove combo of the comics and shifted to the full body armor style of the Batman Forever latex suit.

It makes sense to me, but you'd have to make Robin make sense in the context of Nolan's vision of Batman so that he not only anchors Bruce Wayne, but Bruce keeps Robin's sense of vengence in check as well.

Current incarnation: http://www.dcsecretfiles.dreamers.com/robin.jpg

Batman The Animated Series: http://www.gtomessiah.com/robin/robin/tim_robin.jpg
    Last edited by Zenshiite; 07-26-2008 at 11:11 AM.

yeah alot of people talk about that. they even mention it on wikipedia. and i agree