Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Sad. Child will grow up without her father. Let us not forget though, that we don't know when any of us will leave here. I doubt that he was planning on dying when he took the sleeping pills.

I don't take sleeping aids as I don't want to become dependent on them to get my zzz's. When I can't sleep, I turn on the television and lay down on the sofa with the lights off.

Eventually, the combination gets me relaxed so that even if I don't get more than three hours sleep at least I've rested.

Check out our e-zine review

THE DARK KNIGHT: Christian Bales Out Batman by Dr. Craig Reid, free access on our e-zine. Tell your friends.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

May I just say that, The Dark Knight sets a new standard for superheros movies.
    Scratch that, for ALL action/thriller movies.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    May I just say that, The Dark Knight sets a new standard for superheros movies.
    Scratch that, for ALL action/thriller movies.
    I'm going at midnight tonight. Woo-Hoo!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I'm going at midnight tonight. Woo-Hoo!
    You'll enjoy it, the fighting is much better than the first, though still the same style of editing, but it didn't feel as "messy" as the first one was.

You'll enjoy it, the fighting is much better than the first, though still the same style of editing, but it didn't feel as "messy" as the first one was.
    Hopefully in this one I can actually see his arm move when he punches, rather than some cut sceney skippy stuff that makes it seem they forgot to hire a correographer...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Hopefully in this one I can actually see his arm move when he punches, rather than some cut sceney skippy stuff that makes it seem they forgot to hire a correographer...
    Dude, he's Batman, you can't see cause he is faster than the human eye !!

Dude, he's Batman, you can't see cause he is faster than the human eye !!
    lol,

they should bring back the old POW and BANG effects then.

that way i know what kind of attack hes using. hes just too fast.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

the old POW and BANG effects

A friend just forwarded me this. For your avatar-ing pleasure.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Best sequel ever. This is the Empire Strikes Back of superhero movies, and Ledger nails the Joker.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

agreed,

PLUS TWO-FACE!!!

Batman's new Martial Art

KFM
    Keysi Fighting Method
    http://atlantamartialartcenter.net/p...inavAdult.html

They have video at the bottom of their site.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    KFM
    Keysi Fighting Method
    http://atlantamartialartcenter.net/p...inavAdult.html

They have video at the bottom of their site.

Thoughts?
    A bit of over endulgence in the kali "defang the snake" principle.

SPOILER ALERT

I just got back from the theater and I was really disappointed. Good movie, but I had so many problems with it. Stupid ending (Batman wanting to be chased), they don't even spend a second trying to make us believe Gordon dies, so there's no effect when he comes back, and they can't get the voice right. First of all Bale's dark voice sounds incredibly stupid, but worse than that the director doesn't know what he's doing with the voice. The dark voice is his normal voice. He became mad at the world and became the dark knight. When he's around people who don't know he's Batman he uses the nice voice, which is fake. When he's around people who knows he's BAtman, he uses the dark voice, which is his normal voice. Now if the voice thign was my only problem with the movie, then I probably would have love it, but unfortunately the movie is riddled with holes. I liked the first movie A LOT more. Now I'm not even looking forward to the third. Am I the only one that noticed that Two-Face looks like the Terminator when it's skinless? Ugh. I will never go into a movie with high expectations ever again.
    Last edited by jethro; 07-18-2008 at 11:35 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

the voice

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

I just got back from the theater and I was really disappointed. Good movie, but I had so many problems with it. Stupid ending (Batman wanting to be chased), they don't even spend a second trying to make us believe Gordon dies, so there's no effect when he comes back, and they can't get the voice right. First of all Bale's dark voice sounds incredibly stupid, but worse than that the director doesn't know what he's doing with the voice. The dark voice is his normal voice. He became mad at the world and became the dark knight. When he's around people who don't know he's Batman he uses the nice voice, which is fake. When he's around people who knows he's BAtman, he uses the dark voice, which is his normal voice. Now if the voice thign was my only problem with the movie, then I probably would have love it, but unfortunately the movie is riddled with holes. I liked the first movie A LOT more. Now I'm not even looking forward to the third. Am I the only one that noticed that Two-Face looks like the Terminator when it's skinless? Ugh. I will never go into a movie with high expectations ever again.
    the voice is my only problem with this new batman. that an the ****ty editing on the fights.