Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

The editing actually isn't that bad in the new one (at least compared to Batman Begins), but unfortunately the fights are one of the many many problems I have with this movie. I liked the first fight, but all the fights seem to have the same choreography.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    still no sign of Scarecrow and all the inmates from the asylum. Joker may have been one of them, but in the first episode the entire asylum was released and set upon Gotham. Would have liked to see more of that. Heath Ledger's Joker was great. It's funny, just when yu thought he was giving you a glimpse into how he got that way, he kept changing his story-which made it all the better. A total maniac. I wonder who's going to replace Ledger. They should get Johnny Depp.

just saw the movie yesterday.

It is too much for a kid or average people.

social justice, fair, right or wrong--

Joker had to justify his actions.

1. burned the crime money (half of it).

2. toying with good and bad people on two boats.

3. blowing up an evacuated hospital

---

most people just want to see a hero rescue the innocent and beat up the bad guy.

--

stresses from our daily life are enough, so we go to a theater to relax or fancy ourself the superhero and do the impossible to believe in good, and to feel good

not to sympathize the bad or evil.

yes rob the bank of mobs are not bad, but kill robbers as you go long

what a long and winding tale to justify --

--

so the DA put away half of the criminals, he also fell for his evil side due to loss of the loved one. as a revenge, he took away other's love one, too?

--

oops spoilers

--

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    still no sign of Scarecrow and all the inmates from the asylum. Joker may have been one of them, but in the first episode the entire asylum
    uh, Scarecrow was caught at the beginning of Dark Knight.

A total maniac. I wonder who's going to replace Ledger. They should get Johnny Depp.
    No actor in his right mind is going to try play Joker after Ledger.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Just saw it Sunday.
    I have to agree with MK. No one can follow that performance after Ledger nailing like that.
    Good stuff though overall except I thought the editing was rushed in some places and it was a bit long.
    Definitely a thinking mans superhero movie by far.

And the voice is kind of silly at times... it's like why pick that voice. A Barry White baritone would of been much better.

IMO the joker cannot be brought back to the screen for years.

The joker in this film is definately stand alone. Its a crazy legacy to leave behind.

RIP
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A bit of over endulgence in the kali "defang the snake" principle.
    Reminded me of sort of a close range JKD. I liked it.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Reminded me of sort of a close range JKD. I liked it.
    Yes, if the arm just hangs there for no reason
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    IMO the joker cannot be brought back to the screen for years.

The joker in this film is definately stand alone. Its a crazy legacy to leave behind.

RIP
    It's my understanding that Joker was to be a pivotal character in Batman 3, so unless they change course, they may be forced to bring in someone as Joker to tell the story they want.

Either that, or have Harely Quinn (JOker's girlfriend) act as a surrogate.

Nolan only wants to make 3 films, so he's got to wrap it up in the next one, hopefully much better than X-Men or Spiderman tried to.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 07-22-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    It's my understanding that Joker was to be a pivotal character in Batman 3, so unless they change course, they may be forced to bring in someone as Joker to tell the story they want.

Nolan only wants to make 3 films, so he's got to wrap it up in the next one, hopefully much better than X-Men or Spiderman tried to.
    ouch. that puts a damper on things.

but if they need a fill in for batman. here is the perfect candidate.

http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/comics/batman.shtml
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yes, if the arm just hangs there for no reason
    Yes...well...it looks cool anyway.....
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

From what I've heard the Joker was to play a sort of "Hannibal Lector" Role, being locked up at Arkham Asylum and available for "interview" amidst the Batman's latest investigation. I suppose they could work around that sort of set-up perhaps even playing up Joker's effect on other inmates with-out actually showing it.

In a way this presentation of Joker seems so complete it's difficult to wonder what more could be said with that character. I would personally prefer a return of Two-Face (who's couldn't have just died in that fall) who would threaten the secret that was established at the end of this film.

I could see an appearance of Dr. Harleen Quinzel, out of costume, being effective, but that would sort of re-tread the territory covered by Dr. Jonathan Crane. Unless they plan a full decent into Arkham Asylum I'd hope for a move forward into the rest of Batman's rogues gallery.

After seeing how well The Joker & Two-Face was handled I'd welcome an examination of Clayface, Scarface (& Ventriloquist) or even the Mad Monk

Having Scarface would really be something special. That would have to be a very dark movie for it to be taken seriously. That would be so awesome. I heard somewhere that Philip Seymour Hoffman may play The Penguin. I think that also has potential.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

A Very Dark part 3 (or Dark Knight Two) would be a treat.

A penguin that's as far away from the Burton version as Nolan's Joker could be worth watching. Focus on him being Bruce Wayne's opposite number in the way that Joker opposed BATMAN. An overly influential psychopath in the manor of American Psycho who is as ugly as he is mean.

I suspect the "reality" that the Dark Knight movies take place in would work against a Penguin that can afford to have a flame thrower installed in his umbrella. I think I would prefer Hoffman as a Ventriloquist with a gun toting mobster dummy looking to reclaim the order that Joker took apart.

Getting back to the movie, while some of the fights where worth watching I couldn't help but wonder why BATMAN would punch his way through a nightclub filled with mobsters instead of using the classic bat-smoke-bombs & Bat-pepper-spray. Especially against dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Having Scarface would really be something special. That would have to be a very dark movie for it to be taken seriously. That would be so awesome. I heard somewhere that Philip Seymour Hoffman may play The Penguin. I think that also has potential.
    thats extremely suspect abd the hoffman thing. but i would like to see him play the panquin cause like design sifu said he is bruce waynes opposite. they can still make it realistic **** i remember i had a teacher who use tyo look and walk like a penguin.lol hoffman plays a great villian as seen in m.i.III(the only redeeming quality of that trash) and before the devil knows your there. also i'm hearing from some reliable sources that chris nolan may not return for a third part and if he doesn't bale won't be involved either. again everything is highly suspect. the reason why i say that he may not return is because half way through filming the producers wanted nolan to sign on for part three and he didn't. that could just be a negotiating tactic but who knows. only thing that puzzles me is i thoght he was signed on to do three apperantly not. and chris bale has already stated in recent interviews that if nolan doesn;t return neither will he.