Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    thats extremely suspect abd the hoffman thing. but i would like to see him play the panquin cause like design sifu said he is bruce waynes opposite. they can still make it realistic **** i remember i had a teacher who use tyo look and walk like a penguin.lol hoffman plays a great villian as seen in m.i.III(the only redeeming quality of that trash) and before the devil knows your there. also i'm hearing from some reliable sources that chris nolan may not return for a third part and if he doesn't bale won't be involved either. again everything is highly suspect. the reason why i say that he may not return is because half way through filming the producers wanted nolan to sign on for part three and he didn't. that could just be a negotiating tactic but who knows. only thing that puzzles me is i thoght he was signed on to do three apperantly not. and chris bale has already stated in recent interviews that if nolan doesn;t return neither will he.
    Both Nolan and Bale signed a 3-movie deal from the get-go.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

DC's Movie plans beyond Dark Knight

Interestingly DC (following Marvel's actions) seems to be looking to bring their properties into more of an in-house production studio. Something that should have been a no-brainer what with Warner Bros on speed-dial.

WB mulls redraw of DC Comics plan
    Big shake-up could be in the works

By Borys Kit

July 11, 2008, 12:00 AM ET
    A big shake-up could be in the works at Warner Bros. for its DC Comics film properties.

In the course of the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov and Warner Bros. Pictures president Kevin McCormick have been meeting with DC Comics executives as well some of DC's top talents, like Jim Lee, to discuss a new direction for film adaptations.

Up until now, the comic properties had been undergoing a hodge-podge development process. With the recent success of Marvel Studios' "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and that company's plan to develop its many characters linked strategically together, Warners has been forced to take a close second look at its sister company.

With "The Dark Knight" near its release date, a new agenda is being set, one that not only sees the DC characters emerge with a higher priority but also one that would see them developed with an overarching goal in mind.

Although plans are in motion, any firm deals or announcements are weeks away.

Warners declined comment on the discussions, only stating: "While we are not going to go into the specifics of the meetings, we're constantly looking at how best to exploit the DC Comics characters and properties. DC is an incredibly valuable asset to Warner Bros. and plays an important role across the entire studio by providing development and franchise opportunities for all media, including films, television, home entertainment, animation, consumer products, video games and digital platforms."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Both Nolan and Bale signed a 3-movie deal from the get-go.
    thats what i thought. but **** changes everyday in hollywood. so who knows now

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    I think I would prefer Hoffman as a Ventriloquist with a gun toting mobster dummy looking to reclaim the order that Joker took apart.

Getting back to the movie, while some of the fights where worth watching I couldn't help but wonder why BATMAN would punch his way through a nightclub filled with mobsters instead of using the classic bat-smoke-bombs & Bat-pepper-spray. Especially against dogs.
    Hoffman is a great idea. That may be just as good of an idea as Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

Now I'm gonna get really geeky here Desing Sifu, but I'm sure you won't mind Maybe Batman couldn't smoke bomb his way out of the night club because he's young, and would later on fully develop his skills and use of gadgets. But if it's a 3 picture deal, then that would only leave one movie to fully develop Batman. So that can't be right. Ah well, just a thought.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Saw this earlier this evening. Really good movie! IMO, Christian Bale is the best Batman, but Heath Ledger's Joker definitely owns this movie. He takes this character and positively oozes menace along with the Joker's twisted sense of humor. The Two-Face character was also nicely done, though his performance seemed swallowed up and overshadowed by Ledger's Joker rendition.

I loved this movie. Best Batman yet. Joker was as Joker should have always been... completely insane and murderous.

Two-Face is entirely appropriate.

My only confusion is this, and this is largely because up til now I've heard The Dark Knight Returns is going to be the name of part III and that it was going to feature Harvey Two-Face Dent as the main villian. I have a hard time believing that Harvey died from a fall that didn't kill the Bat, and armor or not they'd get pretty much the same internal organ shock from that kind of fall, but you've got that funeral scene mixed into that montage as Gordon and Batman are discussing how Harvey Dent can't be seen as a monster but as the "white knight" DA hero.

So here I'm thinking "is Harvey dead or did they fake his death and stash him away somewhere... Arkham perhaps... only to have him resurface in the next film to be Batman's big nemesis?" After all, he's got plenty of motivation against Batman... you know, the Dark Knight choosing to save Harv instead of Rachel and thus her death.

Anyways, Ledger definitely owned the move as the Joker. I mean... it was darkly hilarious to see the guy in a nurses outfit and blowing up an entire hospital full of patients! I mean, geez.

Two Face had his time in Dark Knight. If he's in the third movie it will be a cameo like The Scarecrow. I just don't see Two Face getting that much of a part in the third movie since he had his time in Dark Knight. If he is in the third movie I hope they change his plastic looking face. Apparently I am the only one who didn't like his face. I liked it when they first revelead it, but then I looked closer.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

No way, Two-Face's face was one of the best things in the whole movie.

His face had the look of not even nearly being healed. all crusty and bloody.

after some healing it would look remarkably different. one would assume anyhow.

i liked the eyeball being all crazy and sticking out and stuff though. looked cool
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Two Face had his time in Dark Knight. If he's in the third movie it will be a cameo like The Scarecrow. I just don't see Two Face getting that much of a part in the third movie since he had his time in Dark Knight. If he is in the third movie I hope they change his plastic looking face. Apparently I am the only one who didn't like his face. I liked it when they first revelead it, but then I looked closer.
    aaron ekhart just signed on to do a thrid film. and i thought an actor of his calibre is going to do just a cameo.

Where did you get this information doug?

from reliable source's.

I believe the intent is to adapt “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory,” both of which feature Two-Face and deal with how Two-Face was involved in the death of Robin's family.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I believe the intent is to adapt “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory,” both of which feature Two-Face and deal with how Two-Face was involved in the death of Robin's family.
    Did you just say the R word ???
    Don't even think it !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Did you just say the R word ???
    Don't even think it !!
    Actually, I think if it Robin was brought in AT THE END of Part 3, not even as RObin, but just Bruce Wayne's adoption of **** Grayson, it would make for a nice closure on the trilogy. Robin's parents get killed by Two-Face and he wants revenge...Bruce is the only person who could possibly understand him, and Robin becomes really the only thing that keeps him from going over the deep end.