Thread: Chow Yun-Fat on-board for the live-action Dragonball movie

Chow Yun-Fat on-board for the live-action Dragonball movie

Am I the only person that thinks a DBZ movie is an absolutely horrible idea. I mean, sure, it might be better than Dragonball: The Magic Begins... but I don't see it happening.

This'll be a stinker just like DOA.

no because doa didn't have a 100 million dollar budget and a good director like dragon ball has. the film is based on the anime its not exactly gonna be like the anime. wait to the film comes out before you judge it.

I don't know... I was never a huge DBZ fan in the first place. I just can't see it.

Here's the original Hollywood Reporter article

Chow rolls to Fox for 'Dragonball'
    By Leslie Simmons

Dec 19, 2007
    Chow Yun-Fat is the latest to join 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of "Dragonball."

Chow will play Master Roshi. He rounds out a cast that includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Emmy Rossum and Jamie Chung. Chow is repped by CAA.

"Dragonball" is shooting in Mexico City and Los Angeles.

The film, directed by James Wong, follows Goku (Chatwin), a warrior alien who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling mystical objects known as Dragon Balls. Stephen Chow is producing.

Master Roshi is Goku's mentor, helping him achieve the highest state of fighting and spiritual powers.
    And loosen up Zenshiite - I enjoyed DOA.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I don't know... I was never a huge DBZ fan in the first place. I just can't see it.
    i'm gonna tell you what i told jethro. its what marty scoresesse told me just because you don't see it doesn't mean it ain't there.

I wish I had a comeback but I don't know what you are talking about and I don't know anything about Dragonball's Z. Dam you Doug!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

its what i told you when you said you don't see heath ledger as the joker. and now the trailer is out and low and behold it looks like he's an awesome joker. and again the films title is dragon ball

I'll believe it when I see it...

And I thought Dragon Ball's original title was digimon
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

I'll believe it when I see it...
    thats what she said....

but honestly the reviews are in, and heath is looking like a great joker.

I don't care what the reviews say. He may be a good Joker, I dunno. I have to see it to believe it. We talked about this before, but I will say it again. he has a good face for being The Joker, but I still doubt he can pull the role off. Hopefully I will be surprised.

whats makes you doubt it. just curious

I haven't seen Brokeback, but Heath Ledger has never impressed me with his acting. He was in Brokeback right? I have only seen like 3 movies with Ledger in it. Just so you know Doug I am a hard person to please. If I like his performance in the new Batman movie I will admit it. I am really hoping he does a good job as The Joker.

i thought they were gonna make a trilogy, but the creators of the series canned the idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.