Thread: Master Jerry Cook

Hybrid View

I can see how you think it was Hungar. It is from the Hung family. It's not all powerful low stances, but contains the five elements and the five animals for use in Chinese medicine as the creator Wong Feihung was a traditional chinese medicine doctor. The exercises correlate to a yin and yang organs. If you look at youtube, it will give you the names, the exercises, the organs, and it's a treasure of Chinese kungfu that I wanted to share with my martial art brothers. I think traditional Hungar people may appreciate this variation. I collect 108 technique forms from Shaolin/Wudang styles, and this is one of them.

I'll post the applications and combat methods later.

Regards -- Jerry Cook

I've seen stuff way worse than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxDbwiKGik

right here in this forum.

I've seen worse stuff coming out of mainland china and hong kong too.

but, if you're a lineage tart and everything HAS to be Chinese to be real, then, well, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I wouldn't describe myself as a complete lineage *****, but I'd rather not pay someone for something they learned from a book, which that 2 man sword routine obviously was (hint: the blades aren't supposed to touch).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiRZ...eature=related

I don't know much about chinese sword work, but his Japanese sword work is utter crap, according to this video clip anyways.

First off, you always hold the Tsuba, always, Second the sword is loose inside the scabbard to faciliate the Batto technique ( simultaneous draw and cut) of the sword, no sword was ever "tight" in the scabbard.
    The "chinna" moves he did to protect the sword were impractical and that is being kind.
    The rest was just painful, plain painful.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiRZ...eature=related

I don't know much about chinese sword work, but his Japanese sword work is utter crap, according to this video clip anyways.

First off, you always hold the Tsuba, always, Second the sword is loose inside the scabbard to faciliate the Batto technique ( simultaneous draw and cut) of the sword, no sword was ever "tight" in the scabbard.
    The "chinna" moves he did to protect the sword were impractical and that is being kind.
    The rest was just painful, plain painful.
    wait i didnt see the vid. but are you telling me he had his saya fit to the exact size of his blade.....i guess he never heard of iaido...

oh btw SJ, im upset with you on your work on that thread.

read my reply here http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...t=49792&page=3
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    wait i didnt see the vid. but are you telling me he had his saya fit to the exact size of his blade.....i guess he never heard of iaido...

oh btw SJ, im upset with you on your work on that thread.

read my reply here http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...t=49792&page=3
    I have no idea what he did in regards to the saya, by the looks on the video he has that oversized "Musashi" Katana so I woudl assume its a "production line" Saya.

Dude, that sickness thread is warped.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cook View Post
    I can see how you think it was Hungar. It is from the Hung family. It's not all powerful low stances, but contains the five elements and the five animals for use in Chinese medicine as the creator Wong Feihung was a traditional chinese medicine doctor. The exercises correlate to a yin and yang organs. If you look at youtube, it will give you the names, the exercises, the organs, and it's a treasure of Chinese kungfu that I wanted to share with my martial art brothers. I think traditional Hungar people may appreciate this variation. I collect 108 technique forms from Shaolin/Wudang styles, and this is one of them.

Regards -- Jerry Cook
    Well, it wasn't Fukien White Crane - that is for certain (speaking about the tape I purchased.) And the gross choreography closely matched the hunga Fu kok. I can't speak to anything else - other than it resembled how the kenpo guys do that stuff.

Actually, I'd like a refund. It was kind of a bait and switch.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I didn't like the youtube clips I saw. Let's just leave it at that.

I only watched a couple clips. What i saw i didn't think was that bad. I agree
    with Jamieson, it was better than alot of stuff i see i posted by others. I only
    watched the 5 animal/5 element clip and the 4 swords demonstration. I thought
    his gim work was decent. Just my opinion.

Jerry Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cook View Post

Regards -- Jerry Cook
    I have known Jerry since 1994.I met him at the sacred mountain training in Flagstaff Arizona.I learned more from him in those 5 days than any other seminar i had been to.I have been studying since 1979.I started in the army with tai kwon do for 18 mo.Transferd to germany,met a chinese kickboxer named Michael Bimboe,studied with him for 12 mo.Went back to states,studied bagua&tai chi.in1989. I met David Simeone in1993,and absolutely loved what he had to teach.I was able to learn five animal fist wa lum style,shaolin fighting forms.But through all of this the one thing sticks in my mind is that a true martial artists would never have to fight,because he or she would never let the situation happen and if forced he or she would defend the weak and over come adversity.Jerry Cook is a MARTIAL ARTISTS.I have never seen his tapes, but knowing him and seeing him in action ten years ago was a great experiance.His knowlege of shaolin and wu dang is more extensive than most people can imagine