Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Adam Hsu

Adam is the man.

And yeah, 100% agree with David. Adam did not toe the "party line" He was one of the few who didn't kow tow to the existing power structure either. He did his thing and was very effective without needing anyone else. A man's man.

He knows what he is on about dont worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    I spoke with a few people who had the same teacher. guys from the nj wutang school and some ny guys. I don't know personally.
    There is a "wutang" school? Is it spelled like that? And does The RZA run the school?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

The Wu Tang school in NY that I am aware of is the biggest bunch of LARP'ers I've ever seen, and that says a lot
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    The Wu Tang school in NY that I am aware of is the biggest bunch of LARP'ers I've ever seen, and that says a lot
    I heard more from the nj wutang school (this is before their teacher died)

well whatever you heard from them is crap. truly adam hsu knows what he's talking about thats why everyone here is commenting on him, he shows clear down to earth realistic applications. and he can explain what he does. he is a true master.

You talking about his "thunder" Taiji form?
    There was a line of tai tzu chang quan through Adam Hsu's baji/pigua teacher Liu Yun Chiao. I assume he's talking about this.

I love the sword polisher's record. It reveals more about the nature of kung fu, silk-reeling/chan si jin, etc. than any other book out there.

And I agree with lkmfdc, he probably has the most insightful article about shaolin there is.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

I had met Adam Hsu a frew times off and on over the years but really got to know him when he introduced his weapons sparring. I was living in Washington DC at the time and he came to Baltimore to do a seminar at Anthony Goh's school. Tai Yim todl me about the seminar and drove me up. I remember the look on people's faces when Adam Hsu told them they really had no idea how to fight with their weapons, then SHOWED them that he was corect...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    I love the sword polisher's record. It reveals more about the nature of kung fu, silk-reeling/chan si jin, etc. than any other book out there.

And I agree with lkmfdc, he probably has the most insightful article about shaolin there is.
    Yep that was a great book!!

Adams' straight sword is top notch, great quality and if anyone is looking to buy a stright sword, I would recommend it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I had the honnor of not only meeting him but crossing hands with mr. Hsu while living in SF.
    He studied with my teachers teacher Wei Xiao Tung of 8 step in Taiwan and is good friends with my Shifu.

I must say that not only is he the real deal of some of you guys put it, but well versed and moves quickly and efficiently.

I was holding a book against my chest and he was hitting it using a phoenix eye and I could feel it right through the book. i on the other hand hurt my knuckle trying to penetrate through the hard cover LOL.

I must say that of all the older great teachers from Asia he ranks up there in the top 10.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    I had the honnor of not only meeting him but crossing hands with mr. Hsu while living in SF.
    He studied with my teachers teacher Wei Xiao Tung of 8 step in Taiwan and is good friends with my Shifu.

I must say that not only is he the real deal of some of you guys put it, but well versed and moves quickly and efficiently.

I was holding a book against my chest and he was hitting it using a phoenix eye and I could feel it right through the book. i on the other hand hurt my knuckle trying to penetrate through the hard cover LOL.

I must say that of all the older great teachers from Asia he ranks up there in the top 10.
    I am not trying to knock him, I am just reporting what I heard. I also heard negative things about him from people in the taiwan school. maybe they are just hating, the explanations given to me why were pretty good.

I've always liked him, especially when I say him on the Living Legends of Kung Fu video years back. It had Doc-Fei Wong, Chan Poi, Brendan Lai and Adam Hsu. I Think they all made a very good showing, but Hsu came off the tightest. He's the real deal, no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    I am not trying to knock him, I am just reporting what I heard. I also heard negative things about him from people in the taiwan school. maybe they are just hating, the explanations given to me why were pretty good.
    Such as?
    As it stands you sound like you are hashing up some "3rd party" anonymous vague crap.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !