Thread: Mayweather

Mayweather

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...s22digest.html

What really are the odds of it happening, 0% ?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Mayweather in mma-now?

Not likely.

Where's the money or the principle?

He is at his peak as a boxer.

joy chaudhuri

I couldn't come up with a reason why he would act as if he would step into mma. Ignoring the gorilla in the room doesn't work either though.
    What I really don't care about mma is the low pay for those out of the top ten and lack of any real compensation for the amateurs such as fight shorts, gloves etc. . They, at least at the shows I have seen in KY and OH, were fight with what ya brung. My friend was hammered by a set of thin gloves and 7 elbow strikes with the point of the elbow that were dropped on his head/face while the guy hung onto the cage trying to avoid a single leg with no call on the elbows and many in the crowd finally yelling loud enough that the ref slapped the guy's hand off the cage.This was also his first fight and his opponent was supposed to be 4-1 but his corner came down the aisle holding up two belts that the guy had in other mma events but that night fought 10lbs heavier to fight my friend. Although my friend won, he had trouble chewing for a couple of days due to the elbow strikes around his temple.
    If someone was to be seriously injured or killed, I'd say these ammeter events will be where it will occur. The refs don't stop it when the guy doesn't even know how to defend a heel hook or ankle lock. I saw two guys hurt, one carried out, at the last event. One guy had a armbar and the coroner was yelling for him not to tap his arm was broke and hyper-extended. The ref should have stopped it
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

MAYWEATHER vs Nasukawa

TEN COUNT Nasukawa cries his eyes out as laughing Mayweather knocks him down three times during first round before towel is thrown in
    Mayweather sent kickboxing star crashing to the floor three times before Nasukawu was left in tears in his corner after stoppage with 44 seconds left of opening round
    By Duncan Wright
    31st December 2018, 4:17 pmUpdated: 31st December 2018, 4:18 pm

FLOYD MAYWEATHER knocked Tenshin Nasukawa out in the opening round as their big-money fight turned into farce.

Kickboxing star Nasukawa was left crying in his own corner after being sent tumbling to the canvas three times in the first two minutes of the fight in Saitama, Japan.

Tenshin Nasukawa was left crying in hos own corner after his first round stoppage REUTERS

Nasukawa had no ability to take any of the punches Mayweather threw REUTERS

Mayweather sent Nasukawa sprawling to the canvas three times in the space of two minutes REUTERS

Mayweather, 41, boasted about earning $9million dollars to take on Japan's golden boy - and he collected his money with minimum fuss after making his opponent look foolish.

When the first bell sounded the unbeaten five-weight world boxing champion strolled out with a grin on his face as his 20-year-old took to the centre of the ring.

The American, who in the hours before the contest posted a video on Instagram advertising his strip club, then showed his disdain as he pawed out his hand and failed to throw a single punch for the opening 30 seconds.

Nasukawa looked completely out of his depth in his first boxing fight, swinging wildly in an attempt to land a blow on his opponent.

Nasukawa covers up desperately to avoid the punches of a half-fit Mayweather REUTERS

The Japanese hope was exposed in brutal fashion as he was taken apart by Mayweather AFP OR LICENSORS

The kickboxer was left in a heap as Mayweather gave him a harsh lesson REUTERS

One landed on the glove of Mayweather, and that appeared to sting him into action as he returned with a sharp flurry to deck the home favourite with a short left to the body.

The fight descended into farce when another dig from Mayweather left Nasuwaka staggering back like a drunk before falling down for a second time.

And another half-hearted punch to the side of the head did for the kickboxer a third time - and his corner threw in the towel after 136 seconds of the fight.

Floyd Mayweather disposed of Tenshin Nasukawa without breaking sweat in Saitama REUTERS

A crestfallen Nasukawa presented Maywether with a trophy after the match REUTERS

Mayweather said: "I want to say thanks to god for the turnout, my team, thank you to Mayweather productions and all the entertainment teams.

"Thank you to the fans you guys have been amazing.

"It's all about entertainment. It's not going on anyone's record.

"Tenshin is still one hell of a fighter and one hell of a champion."
    I'm collated the other Mayweather title threads below:
    Mayweather vs. Marquez
    Barfly: UFC vs. Mayweather
    Pacquiao vs. Mayweather
    McGregor vs. Mayweather, August 26
    UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

At the risk of sounding insensitive, why did Nasukawa have to cry about it?