Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing and Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Like I said and as you have seen, it’s a kid doing the techniques; his only punishment on this forum is that he knows me, that’s all… I’m sure it will be hard for other to look at some of the people on this thread in the same matter or way… How sick it is… There is nothing funny or cute about those statements…
    I for one don't know what you're on about.. (or even what you said in your next to last post)

You put stuff out there and seem to expect everyone to jump on board..

Nope, ain't gonna happen..

If you can't handle the criticism then best not to ask for it.

Dale is well known for his expertise in this area.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Like I said and as you have seen, it’s a kid doing the techniques; his only punishment on this forum is that he knows me, that’s all… I’m sure it will be hard for other to look at some of the people on this thread in the same matter or way… How sick it is… There is nothing funny or cute about those statements….
    LOL @ your transparent attempts to deflect criticism of your technical abilities onto the back of a 13-year-old kid. The kid has nothing to do with this, other than as someone you are using to shield yourself from the responsibility of sub-par teaching.

The more I read your posts, the more I am convinced that you are more than likely a liar and a fake. The people who should be reading this thread are the kid's parents.

Speaking of fakes, it is obvious you don't have much of a background in either grappling or FMA. What about your WC? What exactly is your background in WC? Is it the same as the first two... some video and maybe a lesson or two and then you decide to teach it?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 12-26-2007 at 04:49 PM.

The two year man at it again…
    Two years of boxing, alternating with MMA classes taught by the ex world and Pacific rim middleweight shooto champion, a personal friend of mine. I've seen all the clips you put up of your chun, and all your half-arsed mathematical theory that's supposed to back it up in some way, despite being nothing to do with its Chinese roots, or to do with actually feeling punching/kicking somebody full contact, and I'm quietly confident that I could take any of your two-year students (maybe even four-, five-, six- who knows when it would stop?). And that's without using my seventeen years in other martial arts... so keep going with the two-year jibe: news for you - I sincerely don't give a ****.

It’s hate coming from you and everyone can see it… Why do you think you’re all alone on this?
    There's no hate coming from me. TBH, I don't usually hate anyone - it's a wasted emotion, unless it can be converted into anger and energy from that. And here's some more news for you: I'm not alone on this - I suspect that most people on this board think your full of it, but are too polite to say so.

Talking of haters here pal, don't forget you've been banned (twice is it?) already for spewing intolerance and bile, and a slanderous campaign or two against other teachers.

And yet you call anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view a hater.

There’s no ego with me, and people can see that also…

I pray 5 times a day on my face (one of them is that Victor, Redmond and myself will get along one day, it is strong and I know they feel something I'm sure of that) don’t have time for a ego, with an ego you can’t began to have good in anything in life, because self will get in the way…
    You're so full of **** I don't know whether to laugh or plant roses! I think I'll laugh...

You are one of the most egotistical people to ever post on this board. Every time you put up a video you expect people to kowtow and run away crying and making mystical evasive comments if anybody calls you (or even politely asks you) about anything. Whenever someone else posts something about the real achievements of their school or whatever, you posts snide comments and your own (sometimes unrelated) theory or vids. Whenever someone doesn't agree with you you use ad hominem attacks, by calling them haters or worse. You even put up all of your youtube vids with macho challenges implicit ('This kid can kick your grown ass', 'This kid is the futuer (sic) of wing chun') and then cry when someone says, er, wait a minute, YOU are full of **** (not even mentioning the kids).

Your prayer has nothing to do with not having ego. Don't get me started on that one!

You attacked me first because I made a statement that you didn’t like about someone else, which I believe and others that I trained under is a true statement and you took it way out of bounce because you didn’t understand the statement.
    I fully, one hundred percent accept that i was rash and out of order on that point. It's up to the individual which boxers they think are good and it was no reason to go so overboard. Everyone has an opinion. I apologize.

Fortunately however, you've outdone me in low-grade bull**** ever since that post, so I do feel a little less guilty.

There is no way that you can find every fighter that ever fought pro on the Internet because the promotion that handle me folded along time ago well over 22 years (crooks), and way before the internet got started good… Back then no one was thinking about the Internet, and I was not famous, maybe that’s why you can’t find me…

My father took care of all that, and gave me all of the footage that he took and news clippings of myself boxing before he passed away…
    Fair enough. That's all you ever had to say. I apologize unreservedly for accusing you of lying about it... though since you doubt my sincerity, you're obviously not going to know how to accept an apology anyway.

...maybe you could to those who like to attack children trying to become good martial artist…
    As has been pointed out, nobody's attacking your kids man! Get over yourself! It's YOU we're attacking!

The stuff you're teaching is gonna get your kids killed. Full stop. I hope not, and I think everyone else hopes not too, which is one reason why I can't just let your **** go any further!

That knife stuff is ****. It doesn't look like kali, it looks like the flowery dancy kempo bollocks that your student Graychuan is showing on another youtube vid. Which will get you gutted. My knife experience? NONE! Well, none useful, other than to tell us how not to do it! Ten years intensive aikido training, a hardcore aikido system that we trained with wooden knives and got bruised up and couldn't pull off any classical techs: dedicated aikidoka, prison officers, probation officers, policemen, riot police trainers, social workers, bouncers, all sorts, all working regularly towards the same purpose and we couldn't pull off a traditional tech! But it opened my eyes, and those techs looked like UFC compared to that watered-down kempo you're teaching!

As KF has pointed out, leaving their upper arm that free while you prance about like My Little Pony will get you stabbed/cut. He didn't point out that

a) Nobody attacks with one lead-hand lunge with a visible knife

b) Nobody stands there with their arm outstretched and waits for you to tie them up

c) In one instance on that vid your kid actually brings the blade side of the knife across the tendons in his own arm

This is not attacking your kid: this is trying to save him.

I'm going to reserve further judgement on your wing chun. I think it's pretty bad from what I've seen but I appreciate you can't tell from videos.

Your grappling is terrible. Again, I have only two years grappling, but with my coach ****ing us up if we didn't keep in nice and tight, I was probably as bad and confused about direction as you seem to be only for the first couple of weeks. I've seen your defence against 'the shoot' vids before and they were laughable too: obviously none of you have ever been taught how to shoot.

Your kali (at 1:47 on the vid earlier) is speeded up (who taught you kali? The Keystone Cops? ) for no apparent reason, so it's difficult to see what's happening.

Your boxing clips have good sound dodging drills, but if they're the extent of it, as I said in my original post, they're lacking footwork, defensive handwork, connections from root to punch (through sitting on their punches), and a coach who is fit enough to give them padwork for longer than three second bursts. If that's the extent of it, they need more sustained dodging drills, including punching more as soon as they've dodged so they've got their strikes coming in from all angles, and including using their feet. A solely upper-body dodge is a useful exercise but they need to put it together with the mobility too, or it can lead to getting unbalanced under pressure and punches. They also need to train with people their own size so they don't get a false impression of the kind of dangers they'll face. If those clips are teh extent of it, at this rate, they'll get their asses kicked when they meet any real competition, and hopefully then they'll find another trainer.

There's enough negativity on this thread already, so I'm going to stop posting... but I might be forced to bust a cap in your chun later too, just because you're such an arrogant know-nothing SoB.

BTW, I'm still not a 'hater', I'm a laugher! See: ...!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I see you you like to beat up on kids, How tasteless...
    One last BTW... nobody here likes to beat up on kids, but I did notice in the notes to your vid that you said something about him going to an adult class (which he shouldn't at 13 anyway) and that if he cries he can take a walk... sounds like your the one who's messed up about this.

Kid, if you're reading this: try a couple of other schools! If you like grappling go for BJJ or the wrestling program at your school.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Here's a present for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp8l4SVgbuc

Pay attention to how a good instructor who knows what he is doing teaches the flower sweep.
    That's my favorite and highest percentage sweep from closed guard, and I've seldom seen it explained better than in that clip.

No one's attacking the kid, and the moronic attempts to say that they are, are pathetic.

He'd be better off not reading this forum for all sorts of reasons.

Knifefighter:

I wondered if you'd come across Ray Floro, knife guy, in your travels? Just wondered if you had an opinion. Honest question, no agenda. Thanks.
    Last edited by anerlich; 12-26-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

BTW, you never answered my question. What exactly is your WC background? With whom did you train and for how long?
    Last edited by Sihing73; 12-27-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Its nice to see the youngins doing their thing....
    I have never been a fan of "slap pad work", no matter who does it, but that'sjust me.
    You should actually aim for the kids head when you are working on their ducking and try to have them put a little bit more on their combos and not just tap the mitts.

I think that, unless you have a solid core in grappling:
    BB in Judo, Purple in BJJ or goo experience in freestyle and G-R wrestling, that you and yours would be better served to bring someone in for teaching grappling.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The kid wants to be a pro and I do aim for his head, sorry I refuse to deviate from the Mayweather’s point of view and as I was taught… Just can’t do it, but thanks thought…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbh1yCx7rfE

Ali Rahim.
    Like I said, just my two cents, I wasn't coached that way in boxing, but then again I wasn't much for 'dancing" in the ring so...
    Personal preference and all that.
    Good luck and I hope the kid goes far, but in regards to the grappling, its sound advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_ay3LOs1Q

Another kind of pad work, and this was filmed in your "backyard".

He's got something from one of the lineages - but how much is the real question. Although you don't have to be a rocket scientist, after reading many of his posts over the last 3 years or so - and after watching some of the vids he put up on the "dont fight with matched leads" thread (or whatever it was called)...

that his wing chun knowledge and skill is very limited. And who can forget that ridiculous thread he did trying to equate some fancy mathematical formula to wing chun principles and strategy?

That was a real winner...

...and 20 something years of Gekko-Roman wrestling...
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 12-27-2007 at 11:44 AM.

LOL,,, LOL...

Here my boy Roger, with Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFfDvU63lY
    The pad work in that clip...what exactly are they suppose to be working on?
    Besides putting on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post

20 something years of Gekko-Roman wrestling...
    Victor! Brilliant! If my sig line wasn't already packed I'd add that

Is Ali claming he learned to hold pads from Mayweather?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

After a while, once the tales have been spun, the fog and haze lifts. The smoke and mirrors are removed and we are left with nothing. A person can make a vain attempt to be more than he is. However, when soiled with insincerity a reputation becomes tarnished and in this particular case, laughable. The more clips that are posted, the deeper the hole being dug.

So, along with Mr. Punch I say raise a glass and say farewell to the egotistical ramblings of an unskilled mad man.

p.s. Mr. Punch, the comments re: the ripples/four asses was classic.

(Sponsored by the Mighty Boosh Wing Chun Club)
    Last edited by Wu Wei Wu; 12-27-2007 at 11:47 AM.
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Victor! Brilliant! If my sig line wasn't already packed I'd add that

Is Ali claming he learned to hold pads from Mayweather?

No, not the whole pad set a lot of that stuff is my own, I just stuck with some of his concepts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbh1yCx7rfE

Here my boy Roger, with Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFfDvU63lY

Ali Rahim.