Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing and Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    In the first 22 secs, your wooden dummy is amazing Ali - it looks so life like even though its just standing there. LOL

DREW

He was told to reacted but just couldn’t do it, he tried his best and the only thing that he could do was move his hand, before I shut him down… I’m sure Chris can testify to that, cuz he gets the same thing, when sparring or whatever… You stand in front of me, you better have you’re A game on…

And I’m sure the one that’s on the clip will testify also…

Ali. Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Here ya go…
    Ah, OK, sorry for the confusion: that wsn't a criticism of your clips and certainly not the dodging exercise. It was merely pointing out to you that you shouldn't criticise Khan from that short training clip that was posted (you still haven't told me which of his fights you've seen if any), because it would be pointless for people to do the same to your clips.

Plus I was meaning that if people were going to compare the clips, the one of Khan shows more depth and variation in his training programme and his personal skills than your clips do of your fighters. And that's not even a criticism of you, your clips, your coaching or your fighters: just a statement that people shouldn't judge from clips of that nature.

So, back the programme...

You gonna answer my questions sir, or what?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I find it odd that you keep saying that you like the clips, nothing but trolling...
    Sorry, you just added this bit: I do like them, and I'm still not trolling.

Please read my previous post. I haven't criticised your clips at all, and wouldn't presume to (as I'll repeat till I'm blue in the face if it gets an answer to my legitimate questions from you! ) from such short clips without knowing any more about your training programme... so for now, I'm STILL all positive about what you're doing.

But... I still want to know the answers to my questions.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    You gonna answer my questions sir, or what?

H*ll no, you're simply not worth it, you don't need anything from me, Troll...
    Why would I give something to someone who don't give a d*mn about me my people or anything I do...

There is nothing sincere about you, and if you would have came to me another way other then the way you did, I would have been a fountain of information, but you really don’t give a fu*k, so don’t ask again…

I have photos, clips and newspaper cut out and my fighters seen them and look at them anytime they want to, that’s because I have mad love for them and everything you need to know will be on the website coming soon just keep watching…

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 12-25-2007 at 09:15 PM.

You don’t have to understand,
    Well true dat, but when one titles a clip "for the haters" one might expect something to show your not a chump with a keyboard. (not saying you are, theres already enough hating with you and Punch)

I attack him and he couldn’t do a d*mn thing, what you see is what you get…
    He could have, he just didnt... lets be honest you dont even attack him ! you attack his hands then go for the body...its in the clip plain to see.
    If you threw a punch at his head you could have KO'd him cause he doesnt defend. Even non trained people flinch when someone enters like that...not him ??? Looks more like a demo bro....just my opinion

How do you think I got the skills that I have, and that’s from fighting better practitioners then myself, all my life I fought people with great skills… Been there done that…
    Ali Rahim.
    Ill give anyone the benifit of the doubt, cause its not like im all that special...but when you say things like "I fought people with great skills" then show a clip like that, with a title like that.....well it aint doing you any favours...

OK im begining to feel like Terrence now so...im out.

DREW
    Last edited by Liddel; 12-25-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

?

Does anyone else on this thread have any videos showing boxing and/or wing chun training? Or knife training?

~Cg~
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

lol you's are cool

?

I rememeber in the other thread 'has anyone used wc in competetion' there was some discussion on boxing and using boxing gloves while doing wing chun. I think Phil was gonna make a clip but the thread has kinda died out.

~Cg~
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Smart thing just like the first guy you have none, I've seen you fight what a mess, and I'm sure all would agree, if not, make your post now... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Maybe he’s right those kids could very well have woke up the next day with skills and understanding all on their own…

That is Kali that is being taught, you have to start some were don't you? And I make sure I find the best teacher that I can find and the knifes are made of blunt wood.... My Guru started wooden knife play when he was six with his grandfather. When do you think one should start to play with blunt wooden knifes? When they get much older and get frustrated and then throw half of the knowledge away when they cant understand it...

You should hate me for being who I am (it’s the right thing for you to do) cuz all you ever did was attack me from day one, and by being very, very successful in what I do, I truly understand your motive… I never done anything to you so why continue the attacks? (I guess being who I am and successful…)

You are so low that you will even attack a 13 year old kid that's trying to come up in the world... Again you have to start somewhere don't you? you are completely tasteless...

Ali Rahim.
    LOL @ a mess... that would be you trying to teach things about which you don't know what you are doing.

Here are a few clues for you:
    -On the butterfly sweep from the guard, you are trapping the wrong arm and trying to sweep towards the wrong angle.
    -With the step over arm bar from the mount you have the body positioned wrong and the legs positioning all messed up.
    -On the referee's position back door escape, you have to free the inside arm and you'll never finish someone by pulling the head back the way you are showing.
    -With the "knife defense", good luck trying to isolate the blade the way you are showing... and leaving the blade loose and unsecured in the upper body area the way you are teaching will get him sliced in the neck and stabbed in the chest.

Like I said fundamentally sound, you didn't see me do anything. but only a child, and you draw conclusions on my abilities form that...
    A qualified teacher should teach fundamentally sound technique...
    Last edited by Sihing73; 12-28-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Those techniques were fundamentally wrong on so many levels, it's funny.

I'm a BJJ black belt and have been training and fighting in FMA's for 30 years. What is your background in grappling and FMA?
    Last edited by Sihing73; 12-28-2007 at 11:39 AM.

And trying to make this child look bad, and he reads this forum
    God help the poor child ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    God help the poor child ...
    Indeed....
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Here's a present for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp8l4SVgbuc

Pay attention to how a good instructor who knows what he is doing teaches the flower sweep.

Maybe you can teach your protégé a real technique for once.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 12-26-2007 at 04:00 PM.

This is a switch

Hello,

With how far the forum has fallen, I have my part in this as well , I hesitate to reply.

Ali,

I do not think that KF is "picking" on a child. What he has done is to criticize the methods which you put up on the web. I do not get the impression that it has anything to do with these methods being demonstrated by a child but rather with the concepts and fundamentals being shown.

While I may not always agree with KF, I think you are off base on this matter. I also think that by trying to keep focus on the "child" rather than responding to the crticism of the technique you are missing an opportunity to engage in valuable discussion. Rather than build support for your point of view you seem to be unable to articulate a viable response and thus need to misdirect the topic and make it seem like KF is attacking a "child" which I do not believe is the case.

I would invite both you and KF to offer reasons for why you feel the techniques would work or would not and to leave the "poor child" out of it.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space