Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing and Wing Chun

Furious Stylez

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    It always has been a “Detroit Thang” mane, nothing but sweetness will come out of it, the "Fury" will prove that...

Ali Rahim.

I think Maywether, has set the new water-mark for training methods. The one-dimensional boxers will slowly but surely be weeded out. June will be here before we know it.
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Graychuan View Post
    I think Maywether, has set the new water-mark for training methods. The one-dimensional boxers will slowly but surely be weeded out. June will be here before we know it.
    You got that right, in fact; that style of pad work has been around in Detroit long before young ‘Mayweather’ was born…

Forget gold, my boy is platinum!!

Ali Rahim.

Good luck to your fighter Ali; I wish you and him all the best.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Good luck to your fighter Ali; I wish you and him all the best.

Thanks.

Ali Rahim.

Smile

The “Fury" just got two new sparring partners that he will work with, you won't believe this, tell me all; what do you think? Terri Blair the current NABC 135lbs World Champion, IBA 147lbs World Champion… and Caitlin Dance...

http://corelouisville.com/coreevents.html

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 03-26-2008 at 10:23 AM.

The fight will be very soon, and I was asked by the future management not too show more video clips, it’s within the kids best interests…

Ali Rahim.

Bernard Hopkins just loves this kid!

"The Fury" new updated site…
    http://www.myspace.com/so_you_think_you_can_box

Ali Rahim.

This thread's an interesting read.
    When I first found that Roger Mayweather training tape in like 03~04; it was definitely a gold mine for building solid defense into pad work.
    Suntzu and I spent a lot of time modifying it for use with Thai pads & kickboxing techniques.
    We came up in Baltimore, with a lot of interaction with DC and Philly boxers; so the Michigan style was a bit of a breath of fresh air.

Since I moved back to Texas, I've been trying to pick up the Texas Slide - made famous by Jack Johnson, somewhat imitated by early Foreman.
    It's emphasis is on parrying, which I think works a lot better for kickboxing (sanshou, muay thai, etc) than a style more reliant on head movement, like say a Tyson peekaboo or Dempsey roll.

Hard to find trainers who know the old Texas parrying style though, so have had to rely heavily on fight footage and outside sources like chinese arts, old-school bare knuckle resources, and muay thai (which was influenced early on by an older style of boxing than is currently taught in gyms today).
    EDIT:Compound that with the fact that I'm a southpaw and it's either a daunting task or a HUGE bag of tricks to pull from to keep opponents from getting too comfortable.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 06-20-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    The fury’s first fight (done a lot of sparring) will be in June, he’ll just turn 17 years old, against a 35-year old veteran club fighter here in Louisville, Kentucky; this will be his true test, he’s been training for a year in a half, four to five days a week…

He will be going national when he graduates from high school next year, (a lot of club fighting for now, his own people) he will fight in the nationals for three to four years, and if things go well, then he will be picked up by ‘Bernard Hopkins’ of “Golden Boy Promotions” at least, he was the first to contact us…

No matter the outcome the fight will be posted here…

Ali Rahim.
    Hi Ali.

Just wondered if you had any results on that fight yet?

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

The ‘Filipino Fury’

Here is ‘The Fury’ doing the “roll out” (mandatory beat down) to one of his fellow club members, you must get rolled out on the floor for six months before one could even see the ring…

They both started around the same time and Skylar out weighs him by 35lb. and is 1in taller then the ‘Fury’, and two years older soon to be 19…

The ‘Fury’ can make you miss a lot, and have well above average defensive skills for someone his age (he just turned 17, and I started with him @ age 14) and is very good with the shoulder catch, footwork and his balance and he’s highly accurate with his punches too…

I’m very pound of this kid I’ve tried to make him quit over and over again, but he just stayed in the pocket and fought back, My Man!!!…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFvX8PmMBRM

Enjoy!

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 09-20-2008 at 06:18 AM.

Talking

Sorry about the typos, just moving way to fast…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFvX8PmMBRM

Ali Rahim.

Mighty Boosh Boxing Club sponsored link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wZeEJWKxc&NR=1
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Wink

I’m truly a fan of the bbc comedy and always have been, some of the worlds best comedian are from that area.

It’s always a big deal when he does this to another tough kid, and most of the kids that he fights with are trouble youth and ex-bullies in and out of jail as you can see by simply looking and the other kids left ankle…

Boy, all of the smaller kids love him, he proved himself against people twice his age and size many times, he may be small put have the heart of a 250lb man…

Ali Rahim.

Amir Khan Knocked Out in 30 seconds

I told you guys he would get out classed early in his career, and it was by a journeyman...

This is what I said, on the sixth post of this thread...

“He’s all right; he’s kinda one dimensional like Ricky Hatton, but hey as you can see that’s how he’s taught to fight… Hey, fighting like that, your bond to get out classed, but I hope he wins a lot before that happens or get a new trainer"…

Gold Medal or not, he needs a new trainer… ‘Hatton’ got one, and his name is
    Floyd Mayweather Sr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t04kXaoNvYk

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 12-27-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Yes mate.

And I suppose steROID Jones Jnr. also got a new trainer, called Calzaghe.

Suki
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/