Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: marujiana (weed)

stubbs Guest

marujiana (weed)

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has "experimented" ;), with weed or other low level "substances".

I'm not saying you should but when I "experimented" :) I found that my chi power was the strongest it has ever felt.

any sensible comments would be appreciated.

"satisfaction loses, humility gains"

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Weedy weed

It may feel like it feels strong but Hash can weaken the Kidneys considerably. More so even than alcohol, which is a common misunderstanding. Weed can weaken your Jing (just like excessive sex!)( and can have a detrimental effect upon your life-long quality of living.

But yes it can have temporary effects upon Qi sensations I guess due to the muscle relaxant effects.

fridgehead Guest
    Hello to you all,
    This is my 1st thread and I have found this one the most interesting :) so here goes. I have also found that 'taking' weed has improved my chi power and concentration, I dont know why but there must be something in it!

Oli :)

joedoe Guest
    I have been told that recreational drugs, and even the heavier stuff can help you to generate better chi and attain higher spiritual levels, but because it is an artificial 'crutch' to achieving this it doesn't work in the long run.

I was always told no drugs or alcohol before training.

-------------------------------------
    You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Kung Lek Guest
    Only users lose drugs.

seriously though, if you want to get in touch with your self and feel the workings of yourself, you don't need any substances to do that.

all you need is yourself.

peace

Kung Lek

Tomo Guest

USE YOUR INSTINCTS

The taking of Ganja should not be confused with narcotics or "dangerous drugs".
    In the U.S.A alone around 500 000 people die each yaer of liver failiure lung cancer and other Alchohol and Tobacco related diseases.
    But in the !10 000 years of Ganja bieng harnessed by mankind not a single person has suffered from its effects.

Trust your insticts.
    Let the Chi guide you.
    Peace Be.

none

Sil Lum Palm Guest
    Read the Tao of Bruce Lee by Davis Miller. You'll find some interesting stuff about marijuana and the Martial Arts there.
    Kung Lek is right , if you want to achieve spiritual purity , you do not need drugs to show you the way. Taking drugs is in no way helpful to your body. ( except in the case of Medical Marijuana in which I strongly believe in).

bil jong Guest
    NOT THAT I ENDORSE IT , BUT FOR A REAL MIND EXPLORING EXERCISE TRY LSD.

Qiman Guest
    Smoking anything robs your breath. How can that be good for Chi (breath)? Pot can cause both paranoia and panic attacks. It is not a harmless substance. I still think it should be legal. :cool:

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

joedoe Guest
    I personally never understood the whole drug thing (and I am bundling pot in there too). Admittedly I used to drink now and then when I was younger, but I never felt the urge to get into pot and harder substances.

Now I rarely even drink, so I am understanding it even less.

Having said all that, if people want to smoke pot I don't see that it is any worse than cigarettes.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

fiercest tiger Guest

smoking before class

usually when im teaching dim ma pressure points if i work on someones lung meridian they start to have a shorten of breath and cannot do a whole form fast. thats when i know when someone has been doing drugs or they are chain smokers.

one of my old friends smoked alot of pot and i grabed him on the wrist pressure points and he passed out, and he hasnt been the same ever since. so be careful when playing around with pressure points in class time with students or friends.

:eek:

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Fish of Fury Guest
    i tried to be a chain smoker, but i could never light the *******s! (those galvanized links are fireproof)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

shaolinboxer Guest

Smoking Pot

So many martial artists are pot smokers, it's sort of funny. Infact, it is used by many athletes to combat the pain and emotional stress of constant workouts.

The rule of smoking pot and practicing is to never smoke before a class. If you want to smoke and practice, do it on your own time. To come to class intoxicated is dangerous and insulting. And everyone knows you're high, so don't kid yourself.

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Pain relief!

If they want to get rid of pains (presumably induced by their training or lifestyle, and not through terminla illness's etc.) then maybe they are practicing inncorrectly or their general lifestyle is below par. If Cannabis what so vital to furthering and bettering our healths (and I conclusively say that it isn't!) then it would probably already a regular costituent inside our bodies. Your level of health over a long term basis WILL NOT be improved by regular pot smoking, and bypsassing correct methologies whether it is MA or meditation or internal cultivation WILL be delayed and even hindered by repetitive/prolonged use of the/ any drug.

Eight Diagram Boxer Guest

Tomo

Anyone that smokes anything somewhat regularly will suffer from it's effects- you'll have shortness of breath and the smoke does great damage to your lungs. I've also heard that smoking weed is bad for your chi flow because it lodges in your spine and impedes the flow of chi. I'm no scientist, but I don't see how weed can be beneficial to you, especially in the long run. I used to smoke fairly regularly, but I have now stopped completely, and I feel much better. Smoking is a fun experience, but it's not worth it overall to me. Different people have different experiences I guess, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu