Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: marujiana (weed)

chiman Guest
    I am not wavering by your suggestion that it is a bad screen name. My Shifu gave me this name some years ago so I'm not planning on changing it.

I believe the spelling differences will make people aware that we are not the same person. There is also our profiles to clear up any misunderstanding.

amitbha

"Watch the Eight
    Diagram smash the
    diaphragm"

wisdom mind Guest

legalize and ill advertize!

use with proper approach...

more knowedge more overstanding

weed is not for everyone, if it does jive with your program then find the proper strains, just like dit da jow, many types of izm exist, also
    smoking is not the best method of delivery, eating it is, try culinary arts with your erbz, its a different thang

dont get me wrong this is not a new method - cypress hill

burn one

wisdom mind Guest

also stay away from chemicals

lsd is baaaaad

if you must trip go for shrooms, its effects lasts less time and is not so likely to freak a weak mind out.

E long term useage can give you parkinsons... sure you may feel reeeeeal nice but down the road you will feel burnout and prolonged use will rot your brain, no contest

if you do ketamine/special K then you deserve what you get same with H or cocaine....

peace

mad taoist Guest
    repulsive monkey where did you get your info ? am curious is all. And does that apply to hash or marijuana flowers, as they are different.

Personally, I find marijuana helps with concentration and qi buildup ... I do feel like I am 'cheating' in a way ;P

However ... I feel there are much more damaging things to your body ... soft drinks being one of them, alcohol, commerical tobacco, etc et al.

'If we do not go within, we go without'.

GeneChing Guest

The Botany of Desire

I heard an interview with the author on NPR - Pollan I think it was. TBOD is a new book that examines man's effects on the evolution of four plants: apples, tulips, potatos, and marijuana. He is interview was really insightful and I plan to check it out as soon as I finish what I'm reading now.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

Kristoffer Guest
    drugs = bad

stop fooling yourself. If u are a martial artist who takes drugs then I think you can just go **** yourself or something. :mad: you give MA a bad rep.

~K~
    "maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

stubbs Guest

eating it

i dont smoke tobbacco or weed but i do eat or chew it. i'm not an every day user but like once every 2 months or so i "relax" with my mates. alot of the replys here are refering to lung damage which would not apply to eating it.
    i am fit and healthy (last night i did a 10 mile run with lots of steep up-hill roads!) but i would like to know the proven disadvantages and advantagtes of taking it in moderation without smoking it. i wouldn't take pills because you never know what your going to get but i do take weed because it is a natural plant which has been used for hundreds of years with know apparent defects. eating it is no worse than smoking tabbacco, drinking alcohol, or eating an unhealthy diet, with everything i think its all things in moderation and i personaly think weed is a tivial illegality. any further proven evidence of effects is welcome.

"satisfaction loses, humility gains"

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Chinese Medicine

would Im sure recognise the side effects of "munchies" as being an imbalance in the body and thus affecting the Gu Qi of the Stomach and Spleen uncessarily. This can be got by Hash entering into the body in a spliff or any other way. The unntaural effect upon the Spleen can then affect the clarity of the mind as the Spleen raises the Qi to help clear the head. If its alteration to the metabolism affects general transportation and transformation of any bodily essences or matters, then again the Hash has had an unnatural effect upon the Spleen. I do appreciate that most people think of it primarliy as detrimental tyo the Lungs, but it's whole effect upon the endrocrine system is a more note worthy area to consider.
    Due to the effects it can have on the Spleen I fail to see how intention can be increased upon through getting stoned and doing energy work. Hash's indulgent pull towards the emotional staifactions that it can produce hardly seem like the conditions needed to empty the mind of desire, and produce a still, silent receptive mind.

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Hallucinogens

should be avoided from a Chinese Medicine point of view. Mushrooms, Acid , Peyote as it has a veri detrimental affect upon the Liver's spirit the Hun. Each time you push trip you push this spirit essence out of the body and thus experience the effect of being outside or beyond your normal realm of perception. Constant aggravtion of pushing the hun out of the residency of the Liver can eventuallt leave it outside an unable to return properly, hence becoming an acid casualty. The sense that someone isn't really inside themselves, they've "lost it".

GeneChing Guest

finished the marijuana chapter

It was very interesting, but a little tainted by stony digressions. He made some great points, and had a lot of good research. Think I'll read the potato chapter next, since my wife just planted some. So far, I'd only recommend it to gardeners - Botany of Desire by Pollan.

There is actually quite a bit of evidence on marijuana usage in China. Some of the earliest usage is attributed to Taoist shamans. Mushroom usage is also documented. Remember, China is a culture that really understands the power of herbs and plants. Wild pot grows all over China, but its unseparated and mainly cultivated for hemp. However, I hear some of the southern provinces have more tropical crops. Bruce Lee allegedly ate it and it appears on his death report, but not as the cause. The chinese word is Da Ma, but I remember some activists trying to market just Ma (the character) as a logo. Ma alone could mean completely other things.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

shaolinboxer Guest

Do they really understand them?

It is obvious that the Chinese have a lot to say about herbs, but do they really understand them?

The Japanese experimented quite a bit with Chinese herbal methods and dimissed most of them as useless, in favor of more "western" techniques.

My first real sifu was treated herbally for his health and died miserably.

When it comes to chinese herbal medicine, I wash it down with a healthy dose of skepticism.

However, I do not think that it should be dismissed.

passingthru Guest

If you cultivate a quiet heart

and mind, your chi will not need weed to become stronger. It's a false strength anyhow. It's like someone taking a drink to relax. It's a dependency, hence a weakness. If you need weed in order to release your energy and help it to flow, then your training is incorrect to begin with, and growth is stunted. Please be careful.
    passingthru

GLW Guest
    The problem with a lot of people treating others with herbs is that many DO NOT understand them.

The training for herbology is long and a specialty in Chinese Medicine. Few know it as well as they should. Every prescription is individualized....or should be.

However, many who claim to be TCM doctors are not qualified. Many have not even received formal training. In China, they would not even be allowed to be barefoot doctors (paramedics of a sort). But, there is a lot of BS from them.

Many know a handful of precriptions and use them for everyone...and this is bad.

But, I have had GOOD herbal treatment for colds, flu, improving my immune system, and strengthening my system due to asthma. From a good doctor, it DOES work. However, that doctor saw me, did diagnosis, and then took a while to do the prescription. Anywhere from 20 minutes for the easy stuff to several days for the tonifying things...just to formulate the prescription. Then the actual fixup of the tonic or the decoction took a good while.

AND, the problem is that you never know the level of the doctor unless you have some way to get to the REAL information. The good one I have was one of the founding doctors and professors of TCM for the second largest TCM college in China....but many claim such level and are not anywhere close.

ashes Guest
    Hey,

I didn't read all the posts, but here's my two cents worth about smoking and training MA... I've done it often enough, but would never let this replace my regular training. My body's more relaxed, and my mind is not thinking as much, so my body memory is used more. Often my forms will be smoother and more exact -- but not for long, usually only a couple of repetitions before I get tired. My attention to detail isn't as good either, so I wouldn't want to consistently practice stoned and end up with my body remembering an inexact form.
    I'd never go to class after smoking though, it'd be just the same as going to class after drinking. 'Twould be disrespectful to my teacher, and the other students, and mysel

kungfu cowboy Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Chinese would Im sure recognise the side effects of "munchies" as being an imbalance in the body and thus affecting the Gu Qi of the Stomach and Spleen uncessarily [/quote]

Actually, this pheneomenon may be culture-specific. For example, it is generally true for North Americans, but weed is regarded as an appetite suppressant to Jamaicans, so they have the opposite effect. It would be interesting to see if there is any difference in TCM diagnosis because of this.