Thread: David Lee Roth (Van Halen front man for you youngsters)

David Lee Roth (Van Halen front man for you youngsters)

I recall an article a while back of him studying with a famous KF Master in S.F. or NYC. Anyone know the scoop? I believe that article was written on Inside Kung Fu. Can't find it anywhere on the net. My Google-Fu is weak. Or maybe I am just hallucinating.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I heard he studied with Paulie Zink. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gX2CyIH_ebE

I found another video of him on YouTube, goofing around doing CMA.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MZtA7GHsMDI

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

who's van halen?
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    who's van halen?
    80's rock band. Named after Eddie Van Halen.

I don't know who he trained under, but I do know that he did take kung fu. That's why he was always jumping around doing splits and jump kicks and all. In fact, at some of his shows (I think when he went solo, but possibly in Van Halen too) he would bust out with forms. I think he often did broadsword, and possibly staff and spear, forms. A lot of the buttrockers would get ****ed off that he wasn't rocking out and was doing a form though lol.

Who's teaching David Lee Roth?

I worked the Van Halen show at the Oracle Arena last Saturday. It was a great show - the band still has the juice. Diamond Dave busted out some kiu sau moves as well as some wing chun-like stuff around his mike stand. It was clear that he's still doing some training in CMA. Who's teaching him? Anyone know?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

as the grandmaster of shaolin do and shaolin ninjitsu I will have to take claim of teaching him everything I know .
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.