Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does qi feel like?

Scott R. Brown Guest
    One other, other thing, (sorry) you may also feel a warmth or the slight pressure feeling in the center of your palms or the soles of your feet and all three of the mentioned sensations at the top of your head, it sort of tickles. If you concentrate your qi at the point between your eyes and slightly above the brows in the center of your forehead, commonly referred to as the “third eye” you can feel the sensations as well The points in your hands are called the “Laogong” or “Labor Palace” cavities and the feet the “Yongquan” or “Bubbling Well” cavities.

Maybe that is all for now or maybe not. I depends on what I remember nest.

Sincerely,

Scott

prana Guest

Qi

The feeling of Qi. I find this quite entertaining. Actually, if you are alive, you are WITH qi. It is usually too simple, and yet I forget I ha that simple realisation because it was during meditation.

When you think, your Qi flows, when you act, your Qi flows. When you think you felt Qi at that one point, you Qi flows. Whether your are illuded by your own judgement or you see the qi as truth and wisdom, depends of course on your awareness.

But feeling of Qi comes hand in hand, if you feel it, you are also cultivating it, if you doubt it, you are also dispersing it.

Mind flows with Qi.

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
    Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
    Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
    Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
    Recognise the pure green lights of Lord Amoghasiddhi.

Scott R. Brown Guest
    Prana,

Understanding qi is not the same as experiencing qi.

Sincerely,

Scott

PlasticSquirrel Guest

hm....

when i first started up, i had one sensation mildly, then another very clearly, and i kept asking myself which sensation was qi and which was just blood or something else? i was very confused, but after awhile, i came to one sensation that is always present: substantial-ness. yes, i believe that this is a word that i made up, but it's a good one. the other sensation that might come close to it is fullness. it's too weird of a sensation to explain adequately, though.

wang xiang-zhai had a very interesting theory about the sensations of qi. he thought of them not being the qi, but the effects of qi on different parts of the body. it makes perfect sense to me, though, and i trust that wang xiang-zhai is a credible source. after all, he traveled all over china, and fought over a thousand people, only two of which were able to match him in skill.

try it this way: don't imagine things happening. feel that part of your body. keep your mind in the present, observing and feeling it not only on the outer layer, but inside.

chessGMwannabe Guest
    when I've felt chi one of the sensations has been like I was a puppet and my hands were kind of being pulled with strings or something

Repulsive Monkey Guest

yes...but..

when more well aversed at internal processes you don't have to squint in dim light you can tangibly see it clear as day penetrating and expelling from everything that exists.