Thread: Mantis Reborn

Mantis Reborn

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a good 7 Star Mantis School in New York, I live in Long Island. I have studied under Sifu Feagin, in Killeen, Tx and have attended many of Sigung Raymond Foggs seminars, but I haven't praticed in 7 years as I obtained a lower back injury in 2001 while in the Army, I am ready to train again, but not sure where I would fine a good school in New York City, or within the 5 boroughs

Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Mantis_Reborn; 01-07-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Looking for a home

Are there any others? What about Sifu Carl Albright? Is he still around? What about Sifu Raul Ortiz?

Has anyone in this forum studied under Sifu Tony Chuy?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute

Dear Mantis_Reborn,

I am a student of Master Tony Chuy for over 20 years. As provided by MightyB, information about our school can be found on the web at www.northernmantis.com

Sifu teaches a traditional curriculum with a modified teaching method that he has developed through experience over the last 25 years. He has innovated methods to teach this style to anyone who wishes to learn although this school and this style is definitely not for everyone either so we always tell people to come visit our class to see if it is right for them. Feel free to drop by.

I have also written extensively about the school's teaching philosophy on this forum in the past so you can feel free to do a search for it.

Best of luck in finding the school that's right for you.

Vance Young
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

Thanks

I will come on down.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mantis View Post
    Dear Mantis_Reborn,

I am a student of Master Tony Chuy for over 20 years. As provided by MightyB, information about our school can be found on the web at www.northernmantis.com

Sifu teaches a traditional curriculum with a modified teaching method that he has developed through experience over the last 25 years. He has innovated methods to teach this style to anyone who wishes to learn although this school and this style is definitely not for everyone either so we always tell people to come visit our class to see if it is right for them. Feel free to drop by.

I have also written extensively about the school's teaching philosophy on this forum in the past so you can feel free to do a search for it.

Best of luck in finding the school that's right for you.

Vance Young
    I would second that, Sifu Chuy also has good knowledge of CCK TCPM. Your sifu waited 25 years to finally meet my kung fu uncle, Sifu Ly Yen Hoa, at the Midland 2003 tourney. (see pic at bottom of this page)
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

another

another opportunity in the same area is over on northern blvd in the flushing area
    Master Marlon Ma and his organization
    they can be found at www.wutang.org
    they have mantis
    they have baji
    they have bagua as well

i know these gentlemen personally as they are my gung fu cousins