Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had to share...

Just had to share...

Been trying hard not to post the link, but I can't help it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4IYi-EwNE

ahhh yes the elusive monkey mantis breakdance form.

The reason you might not recognize this particular form is becuse it is only taught to the most well respected and highest ranked students from the ever feared crackerjack box prize winners from the carmel mountain monestary.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Thanks for posting that N. I think I will be able to pick it up off of youtube and add it to my curriculum.

I found another one from the same style. I REALLY like the music they put with the second form on this clip. I am going to redo all of my vid like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnpaW...eature=related

I think all styles should set their forms to this bands music. This vid set the bar very high for the rest of us.
    Last edited by mantid1; 12-31-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Hi Norman

Happy New Year!

OMG! This is totally ridiculous, I was ill for the guy. But then there was an actual ovation. I dont want to bash SD, I know a really nice guy who trains it. But jeez louise...

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Talking

Com'on guys, I have a hard time keeping my lunch down.

I think the clip should be labelled gross indecency crapola.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Happy New Year guys

Yah, I didn't want to bash either. The clip speaks for itself. Maybe I shouldn't have posted the link.

Mantid1, you win. I admit defeat.

N.

The next time someone asks why CMA are in the toilet swirling, look no further than this
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Hey, don't you know it only looks different because that's the "combat" form of Mantis.

Actually, I used to type like that on the computer. Back when I trained the "combat" version of COBOL.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 12-31-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    christ's bleeding eyes....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

mantid1,
    I finally, for no actual reason other than bordem and entertainment watched that whole video of that guys set and low and behold they played Abba dancing queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WTF?

No wonder kung fu was kept secret to americans for so long look what we have done with it. its so funny i brought my girl to watch it.. Ha ha
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Doesn't surprise me. SD has 4 mantis forms in their curriculum, from green sash to 3rd black. Not exactly a focal point, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    christ's bleeding eyes....
    I was careful not to watch the whole thing.

N.

well looks like the vid is set to private now. And I was wanting to show it around, get some laughs!!!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    I was careful not to watch the whole thing.

N.
    luckily I have great regenerative powers and my eyes are back to normal now.

you know, sadly...it's just sad. It's not like they can't look around and see for themselves what's what and what isn't what.

however, I just made this point to naja in a PM

if they label whatever they do as 'Shaolin-Do__________' than we can't really argue or debate it. Sin The' is Shaolin-Do so whatever he says is Shaolin-Do do is that very thing.

It's just not a lot of other things.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Unfortunately these cats exert a lot of control, and to a certain extent IMO, brainwashing in their schools. I have a handful of buddies back in NM that train with SD, and they were never allowed to come to any seminar I put on, or hosted. Not allowed to attend tournaments that were not sanctioned by the hairy monk of Shaolin...etc. etc. etc. So a lot of these people DON'T actually get to see what else is out there. I suppose with the net it has changed, but still....
    I don't know, maybe people are genuinley pleased with what they get there. I don't know why they would keep going back otherwise. I don't understand it, but then again I don't understand how people can still have faith in the Catholic Church, but that is a rant for another time.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com