Thread: Wondering about Filipovic...

Wondering about Filipovic...

Is he losing his touch or just getting old?

Thoughts?

Not bashing him, just curious about what the serious players have to say.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Cutting off the ring is a big part of his game. He could not do that in an octogon shaped cage. Last I heard he was still training and he had a cage brought in to his gym.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Well, yeah...

He did train with an Octagon shaped forum for his fight with Arlovski (as far as I know), but it didn't seem to do any good. He still didn't have his usual chops. Of course, AA wasn't very aggresive either, but the decision still went to him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

IMO, Cro-cop has a somewhat limited arsenal, fighters are figuring out how to shut him down, if he can't change up his game to compensate he is washed up.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    He did train with an Octagon shaped forum for his fight with Arlovski (as far as I know), but it didn't seem to do any good. He still didn't have his usual chops. Of course, AA wasn't very aggresive either, but the decision still went to him.
    He never fought Arlovski. It was common knowledge he did not train in a cage for his fight with Chieck Kongo as he felt that was not the reason he lost to Gonzaga. After losing to Kongo he said he was now going to train in a cage.

Hilarious sig btw.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LOL!

That is about the gheyist thing I've seen...
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    LOL!

That is about the gheyist thing I've seen...
    Obviously you have never seen all male oiled nude turkish wrestling.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    He never fought Arlovski. It was common knowledge he did not train in a cage for his fight with Chieck Kongo as he felt that was not the reason he lost to Gonzaga. After losing to Kongo he said he was now going to train in a cage.

Hilarious sig btw.
    You're right, sorry. I was drunk. KTF out by Gonzaga was what I was thinking of.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Saw this for the first time just the other night. What the h3ll is he doing in a WWE type show?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    Saw this for the first time just the other night. What the h3ll is he doing in a WWE type show?
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=49612
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan