Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tabata drills /HIIT / boxing/ or any timed exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bussey View Post
    anerlich,
    I'm going to look up those type of warm ups
    Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on them for free...! I have enough workouts to contend with from over at Cosgrove's site too, without messing myself up even more with a warm-up that's impossible for someone as unfit and lacking in time as me!

Mr Punch
    Do you have a link or video of sprawl drills?
    I'm sure I can find one if I look though

J
    Fraid I don't. I checked the Lockflow site which is a really really cool but I couldn't find a search option.

Sprawl drills, briefly:

Fighting stance
    drop down, spread your legs out (like you're basing)
    press your hips into the floor (as if dropping the weight through your centre)
    arms spread slightly more than shoulder width (again to mimic the base and dropping through your opponent)
    look up (don't force it, it'll hurt your neck)
    jump up as quick as poss into a fighting stance again (try to do this using as few moves as possible, e.g. not planting a foot in front of you too early where someone could sweep it - has to be an explosive jump)

Repeat till sick.

You can vary it by c0cking one of your legs to one side and angling your body off to the side which mimics the irregular base you often need for a sprawl, and helps you to get up quicker.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Sprawl drills, briefly:
    I think there's a youtube clip of Jeff Monson doing them, as part of a longer and pretty tough cardio workout.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Now he tells us!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post

Sprawl drills, briefly:

Fighting stance
    drop down, spread your legs out (like you're basing)
    press your hips into the floor (as if dropping the weight through your centre)
    arms spread slightly more than shoulder width (again to mimic the base and dropping through your opponent)
    look up (don't force it, it'll hurt your neck)
    jump up as quick as poss into a fighting stance again (try to do this using as few moves as possible, e.g. not planting a foot in front of you too early where someone could sweep it - has to be an explosive jump)

Repeat till sick.

You can vary it by c0cking one of your legs to one side and angling your body off to the side which mimics the irregular base you often need for a sprawl, and helps you to get up quicker.
    Thanks a Punch
    I think I have seen this before, I'll probably give it a go.

anerlich
    I'll try and find that thanks

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    "Yeah, I can see how the vibration may be missed. Maybe I'll stick it in a headband and use it as shock therapy at the same time." (sanjuro)

***SPEAKING of shock therapy and training devices...I was reading a new magazine the other day (may have been Black Belt, I don't remember) wherein some company was advertising a new training device:

a soft plastic training knife that will send a jolt of electricity out to anyone who touches the blade. Whoaa!!

Very expensive, though...If I remember right - around $300.00??...possibly more.

Wouldn't mind training against it if the price were lower.
    Hi Victor,

Here is a link to the knife I think you are referring to. I agree it is a bit pricy.

http://www.shocknife.com/
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that I got my timer in from gymboss yesterday, tried it out and I'm really happy with it.

It's loud enough for me, I keep the timer close by so it's not an issue of hearing it. It's smaller than I thought (about the size of a small pager) but that's fine. It also works just like a regular timer in case you don't need to do intervals.

Oh yeah, as for intervals, you can do single or dual times.
    So let's you you are doing HIIT with 30 seconds intense and 30 seconds active rest you can just use the single mode and set it at 30 seconds on auto and it'll keep beeping every 30 seconds. The dual is obviously with 2 different times like 30seconds active and then 10 seconds rest. Or whatever time you want.

Overall it's a pretty cool timer.

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's