Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death to America! You Know You Want It!

Death to America! You Know You Want It!

Hey,
    My new comic book series 'Death to America' is ready for pre-order at your local or online comic shop.

See a 7 page preview at www.craveworld.com

Diamond pre-order number (helps the retailer): JAN083503 DEATH TO AMERICA

Here's stuff from the press release:
    Death To America – You Know You Want It.

Death to America is ready for March 08 launch, pre-order now in Jan 08 previews.

Death To America is a controversial graphic novel series about a young man who sets out to kill the President of The United States and accidentally saves him from a terrorist attack instead – and the bizarre consequences of what follows.

Death to America is the story of Ryan Haskell, a young man whose life couldn’t be much worse. He’s stuck in a dead-end job. His girlfriend left him. He dropped out of college, and they don’t really want him back. Convinced by popular media that the President is behind much of what has gone wrong with America, from terror attacks, to war, to his own diminished opportunities, he sets out to kill the President of the United States. But when his attempt on the President’s life accidentally interrupts a real terrorist attack, Ryan finds himself branded a real American hero.

Written by Joe Judt with art by David Youkovich and cover colors by Ray Murtaugh, Death to America is a black comedy set squarely in the real world. “And nothing is stranger than the real world” according to series creator Joe Judt. “Ryan will find himself caught between a country and government that just goes crazy over this ‘real American’ hero and his own anarchist tendencies. Not to mention the militia group that feels he betrayed them, and the terror cell that wants an example made of him.” It really is the story of a stranger in a strange world – our world.”

Joe Judt is an early pioneer of the indy comics movement publishing the seminal zine “Just Imagine” while only a teenager. Just Imagine saw the first published comics work of such artists as multiple-Eisner winner Jill Thompson, Mark Nelson, Tom Artis and more. He recently sold his Creative Agency ‘X Integrated’ to return to the comics medium. But he really feels it should an extra-large. Medium seems too middle of the road.

While published before, this is Dave Youkovich’s first regular series, and he’s armed. Approach him with caution, coffee and free music.

Published bi-monthly by Crave Entertainment, Death to America can be found in Comic Book Shops or purchased online through comic book retailers. A seven-page preview of Issue #1 can be found at www.craveworld.com.

Quotables:

“It's about time Joe Judt made his return to comics. This true pioneer of independent comic book publishing, responsible for helping to kick off so many careers of important creators, is now out on his own with a truly fearless title for our time – Death To America! And it's **** well about time, too. I urge everyone who can read or be read to to check out Joe and Dave's stunning work.”

Mike Gold
    Editor-in-chief
    ComicMix.com

“Well written and packs a powerful punch”
    Mike Baron
    Two-time Eisner Award Winner

Buy my book! I'll never criticize your style again! Okay, maybe not that, but I'd appreciate the support

Tell your friends! If you don't like it, tell your enemies! But please, pre-order because few shops will carry it on the racks.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

when i click on the download pdf box, nothing happens
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

nvm. work comp apparently is just VERY slow....

reading now
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Could be your connection or my server getting bogged down...
    www.kungnation.com

Nice man. Makes me want to keep reading

good story, really hits with the times. and i like the art too.

will this be full black and white or will color be introduced?

Sheeesh Joe

You would think that all the years that you have been HERE on this forum and all the drama that has gone on and the character types here that it would be a Goldmine of ideas to create a comic based on all of US

The idea would be that we would ALL be disciples of Gene who decided to build a temple of his own and in addition to all of US as Main characters,you could make it a kind of Justice League thing and have the good guys and the bad guys and all the inbetweens.

There the Million dollar comedy comic book idea has been presented to you, its free to YOU and i dont want anything other than to be a character in the comic, doesnt matter how i am represented as long as i am represented(hehe yeah do your worst, humiliation is my middle name)

"Death to America" comic is pretty cool from what i have looked at so far.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

If you do a KFM comic, can i be a bad guy?

not like one that gets whacked right away, but more one of those thorn in your side for all eternity kind of villains.

like maybe i have a bad costume and crappy hair, but i get cool laughs and diabolical caves with maybe some hot side kicks....

Thanks guys.

But if I did a KFM comic, it would start with SevenStar lighting a match off of Gene's skull, standing on all of our mangled bodies, lighting a cigarette.

Then the story begins as he thinks back....

So, uh, please pre-order DTA!
    www.kungnation.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    looks good, havn't bought a comic since The Crow but I'll pick this one up...I just have to keep myself from smacking the idiots in the comic store
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

a KFM comic would be funny as hell. you can make it like the office but istead of an office its a kung fu school thats like the biggest school in the world. and gene is the head master

punishment comes in the form of crotch kicks

Doug,
    Let's do some Dim Sum at Comic Con in NY. Maybe theres a funny movie in that idea...

Joe
    www.kungnation.com

looks good, havn't bought a comic since The Crow but I'll pick this one up...I just have to keep myself from smacking the idiots in the comic store
    Just make sure you pre-order it this month, or you may not see a copy!
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Doug,
    Let's do some Dim Sum at Comic Con in NY. Maybe theres a funny movie in that idea...

Joe
    **** there is a funny movie in that.

It has a kirby-esque feel to the drawing. not bad.
    Kung Fu is good for you.