Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Babies: enlightened?

Greetings..

"we are traveling to where we have always been.. from ignorance to enlightenment.. (awareness is the vehicle)"..

Conceptually, we each differ in our beliefs of enlightenment.. once there, the concept is invalid.. Babies, lacking the formalized concepts, lacking the social conditioning, and seeing life as a continuous new experience.. show us what's beyond the concepts of enlightenment.. they are not troubled with some ritualistic standard of enlightment, they simply show the possibilities..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Wrong. Babies lole us into a false sense of security, then they turn into mean-spirited monsters and drop smelly stuff all over.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Thumbs up

That was really deep Vash
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Dang straight. Deep like a puddle.

Or something.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Thumbs up

Babies are the product of attachment to the earth element during the bardo of becoming. This process leads to the baby in the womb who undergoes extreme challenges and then being borned. Prior to this, the baby attaches itself to hate and like, preferring mother over father to becoming itself the opposite sex. Taking the first taste of the air element into a lung filled with water. This is extreme suffering.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Re: Babies: enlightened?

Originally posted by
    Are new born children, free of prejudice, free of discrimination, enlightened? Do babies see things how they truly are? They do not seem to have aquired the expression of negative emotions, yet. They do not have attachments(save for their parents), that I have seen, because they have not been taught "value", or any of the aggregates of capitalism or other material related affairs.
    They seem more real, as people- even when it comes to their imagination. Free to be themselves, free to **** in their pants, free to express themselves in anyway they can.
    Are babies(not young children- but, infants and maybe a bit older) enlightened? Or are they just closer to being the animals that all humans are? How would one know for sure, either way?
    in Islam we say babies are born with "fitrah" which means natural intuition. Its not enlightenment or knowledge per se, but just more of a connection at a base level to everything.

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.