Thread: Raffling a Wii for charity

Raffling a Wii for charity

before i get any flack from you all about posting this Gene was gracious enough to give me permission to. so with that said.

hi everybody,

my wife and i are doing a triathlon with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. Part of the process is to collect charitable contributions for the society so they can help fund research and treatment for blood cancers. Their mission is to "cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life for patients and their families." together the two of us need to raise about $8000 by March.

In an attempt to do this we have come up with the idea to hold a raffle for a Nintendo Wii. All money will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The tickets are $10 for one and $25 for three. If you can refer 5 people that also buy tickets i will give you a free ticket. In the event that the Wii needs to mailed to the winner i will cover the shipping and handling. This is a good opportunity to give to a good cause and help your karma. not to mention win a Wii.

From personal experience i will say that the Wii is about the most fun you can have with your pants on.

PM me if you are interested or email me at wii_raffle@yahoo.com
    we will accept cash, checks, credit cards, squirrel pelts*, precious stones, pirate treasure, etc.

*it has been brought to my attention we are no longer accepting squirrel pelts. sorry.

bump for charity

i just spent 4 hours standing in front of the supermarket begging for donations. i have never been given so many dirty looks or mean responses in such a short period of time. so with that in mind i decided to bump this thread. don't worry its a one time thing i just want to make sure that anyone that might be interested in this gets a chance to see it before it ends up buried. thanks all.

ok, if anyone else is interested there are only two weeks left until the drawing. thank you to everyone that has already donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and good luck!!

the Drawing is Feb 28th.

My sons own a Wii and they love it. One of the features is the ability to rate your reflexs and eye hand cordination and then compute what is your age group.
    My eldest son called me into his room and asked me to give it a try. Didn't do bad at all, in fact I am a little over half my age but I think I pulled something although I didn't let him know it Man I was trying as hard as I could trying to beat him
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

haha thats awesome. see there's a wii bringing families together

Last Bump

Last Chance! I am drawing the ticket in 3 days! So if you are interested in donating to a good cause and trying to win yourself a Wii let me know.