Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Nanking the film

War makes animals of us all, some more than others it seems.
    The shocking thing in Nanking was the degree, the quantity of atrocities commited.
    Truly horrible and unexcusable.
    I don't have issues with stuff like this being "rehashed" regardless of the consequences, its good for ALL to be reminded of what war does to people, of how life can be viewed as worthless and people be treated as less than human.

Those that don't learn form the past are fated to repeat it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

as pointed out, it is a very sensitive and unbearable issue about the loss of innocent civilian lives and military men.

---

in 1927, a proposal to invade China.

in 1937, invasion of nan king.

in 2007, 70 years anniversary of the "incident".

chung king was the most bombed city in ww ii.

--

when I visited Germany, there were monuments and museums about holocust. It was nothing German people are proud of. --

altho, some of the people/officiers were tried and hanged in nuerenberg. others ran away.however, israeli intelligence continued to find them.

--

on the political side, whenever, the right wing politicians (for militarism) of Japan are gaining power, its neighboring countries will be reminded of the past of ww ii.

--

after retreating from Shanghai, there were huge numbers of nationalist army assembled in nan king, however, the commanding office left "town", the army was in dissarray and surrendered their arms/weapons. and most of them were executed--

there were some resistance on the outskirts of nan jing,

--

Wan jing wei headed a "government" in nan king as part of pacification movement with Japan till 1945.

--

I heard of many and many resistence stories thru out China. both civilians and guerillas and military--

--

I also know many songs about patriotism at the time.

--

--