Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Police Officers

O.T. Police Officers

An Officers Life

o You wonder why he pulled you over and gave you a ticket for speeding,
    He just worked an accident where people died because they were going too fast.

o You wonder why that cop was so mean,
    He just got done working a case where a drunk driver killed a kid.

o You work for 8 hours,
    He works for up to 18 hours

o You drink hot coffee to stay awake,
    The cold rain in the middle of the night keeps him awake.

o You complain of a 'headache', and call in sick,
    He goes into work still hurt and sore from the guy he had to fight the night before.

o You drink your coffee on your way to the mall,
    He spills his as he runs code to a traffic crash with kids trapped inside.

o You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket before you leave the house,
    He makes sure his gun is clean and fully loaded and his vest is tight.

o You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you,
    He watches his buddy get shot at, and wounded in front of him.

o You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls,
    He walks down the highway looking for body parts from a traffic crash.

o You complain about how hot it is,
    He wears fifty pounds of gear and a bullet proof vest in July and still runs around chasing crack heads.

o You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong,
    He runs out before he gets his food to respond to an armed robbery.

o You get out of bed in the morning and take your time getting ready,
    He gets called out of bed at 2 am after working 12 hours and has to be into work A.S.A.P. for a homicide.

o You go to the mall and get your hair redone,
    He holds the hair of some college girl while she's puking in the back of his patrol car.

o You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over,
    His shift ended 4 hours ago and there's no end in sight.

o You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight,
    He can't make any plans because on his off days he still gets called back into work.

o You yell and scream at the squad car that just passed you because they slowed you down,
    He's in the driver seat of the squad car, going to cut somebody out of their car.

o You roll your eyes when a baby cries in public,
    He picks up a dead child in his arms and prays that it was crying.

o You criticize your police dept and say they're never there quick enough,
    He blasts the siren while the person in front of him refuses to move while talking on their cell phone.

o You hear the jokes about fallen officers and say they should have known better,
    He is a hero and runs into situations when everyone else is running away in order to make sure no one else gets hurt and loses his life doing it.

o You are asked to go to the store by your parents, You don't,
    He would take a bullet for his buddy without question.

o You sit there and judge him, saying that it's a waste of money to have them around,
    Yet as soon as you need help he is there.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Frat .
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Frat .
    I don't understand...

something i read a while ago that i thought was interesting is if you ever get pulled over at night the first thing you should do is turn on your cab light and put your keys on the dash and your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2. when he gets to the car and asks for your license and registration thats when you go into the glove compartment. the reason is that the scariest time for cops to work is at night bc they cant see what you are doing in your car when they are approaching. by doing these things you put him less on guard and he/she is more likely to grant leniency. but its one of those things we take for granted. but for them any stop could be a life threatening situation and at night its even more dangerous. this is just a little thing you can do to make a bad situation a little better for both of you.

Just in case

If you ever have any difficulty that you don't agree with, ask to speak to the LEO's supervisor.

Their job is to protect and serve

use your martial skill here,
    hcso

o You CHOSE not to be a police officer.
    He/she CHOSE to be a police officer.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Frat .
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't understand...
    Referring to Frat Police

or

Fraternal Order of Police?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Ah, I though he was calling me some sort of fraternity kid, I will recall the ninjas.

F@ck
    Reading
    All
    That
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

thats a huge statement u cant generalise like that

from my experience some cops are upstanding folk

others are sadistic *******s

get a clue
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Most are little dogs trying to compensate for their short comings. Power all about Power. Most were picked on in high school and try to push others around. They take steroids but its ok cause they are a cop . There is alot more some of you are dillusional if yiou think they experience even a little of what is in the 1st post. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

bit harsh.

cops are just folks doing their job like anyone else and part of that job tey get to see the dregs of humanity and lots of crud.

mental health nurses, emt workers, prison guards and a great deal of other professions also offer the same delightful crap day in and day out.

but to blanket an entire profession with "mostly dogs" is a little bitter. been busted or something?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I said little dogs it an expression when small dogs compensate for their size by being overly aggressive. No not busted just not dillusional like some are. There is one thing to do a job and another to be a job. Sorry if you disagree. But I have been around the block a few times remember power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Look at our Government for example. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

An Officers Life

He needs to up his stats and rapists and murderers are too hard to catch.

He's got gout from eating too much junk food.

o You work for 18 hours,
    He works 12 hours, eats donuts for 6.

He drinks hot coffee to stay awake.

o You go into work still hurt and sore from the guy you had to fight the night before
    He goes into work still hurt and sore from the guy he had to fight the night before.

o You drink your coffee on your way to the mall (I don't. I abhor malls... and don't generally move whilst drinking coffee)
    He spills his as he runs code to a traffic crash with kids trapped inside. Ah, the coffee's the link? Wouldn't he put it down before he starts running... ****, he'll be suing MacDonalds for not writing a warning about not running on the side of the cup next.

o You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you (I don't!)

He walks down the highway, staring at all the pretty girls.

He wears fifty pounds of gear and a bullet proof vest in July and still runs around chasing after crack heads who are fitter and faster than him, and then complains about how hot it is.

o You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong,
    He runs out before he gets his food to respond to an armed robbery, but he fills up on donuts for the next 3 hours.

o You get out of bed in the morning and take your time getting ready (er, no... I get out of bed, go to the computer to work while I'm eating breakfast if I'm lucky enough to get breakfast, and juggle waking and changing my baby and helping the missus... then rush out the house risking life and limb to cycle to work in Olympic time)
    He gets called out of bed at 2 am after working 12 hours and has to be into work A.S.A.P. for a homicide. WTF is this, supercop?! He's on traffic, narcs, homicide... is this... Jack Bauer?!

o You go to the barbers and get a thousand yen, 10 min sheep-shearing
    He holds the hair of some college girl while she's blowing him in the back of his patrol car so he doesn't give her a ticket.

o My shift ended 4 hours ago and there's no end in sight.
    His shift ended 4 hours ago and there's no end in sight.

o I can't make any plans because on my off days I still have to work.
    He can't make any plans because on his off days he still gets called back into work.

o You yell and scream at the squad car that just passed you because they slowed you down (Does anybody do this?)
    He's in the driver seat of the squad car, going to cut somebody out of their car.

He picks up a dead child in his arms and prays that it was crying (what, he wanted it to cry before it died? Is he sick or something?).

o You criticize your police dept and say they're never there quick enough, because a) you live in a resource-less area surrounded by crackheads and knife wielding drug dealers... or b) you live in another country where hey - you ARE the criminal!

He blasts the siren while the person in front of him refuses to move while talking on their cell phone.

...Hotdiggetydang, this is boring to even make fun of...

o You sit there and judge him, saying that it's a waste of money to have them around,
    becuase four hours after you need help he is there, telling you it was your fault.

What a bunch of facile presumptive crap. There are good cops and there are bad cops. Unfortunately, because of a lot of power hungry people attracted to the job and because that working in a nightmare of a job like that can make you more power hungry or just callous, a lot of them seem to be *******s. [/shrugfest]

What can I say, I grew up with police beating up families all over the TV Thatcher's miner-strike Britain, and then got my share of attempted beating through riots they started on peaceful state-sanctioned protests... could be a bit biased.

It does all come down to:

He/she CHOSE to be a police officer.

As Winterpalm stated.

LOL at FRAT!

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Okay then... being a cop, here's MY personal version for anyone who's interested.

-Because you're driving like a ****ing idiot! And you need to get your head outta ur a$$ before you cause a major accident (in which event I'm going to have to help clean it up).

-Maybe you had a $hit attitude and he responded accordingly. Or maybe he had a bad day. Or maybe he's just an a$$hole.

o You work for 8 hours,
    -I usually work 10-12 hours, but I do get held over A LOT longer than that sometimes.

-I drink hot coffee to stay mentally alert and energetic.

o You complain of a 'headache', and call in sick,
    -Some of us go into work still hurt and sore from fighting a suspect last night. And some of us complain of a 'headache' and call in sick.

o You drink your coffee on your way to the mall,
    -I drink my coffee on the way to a low priority call.

-I drive around the beach and the bars, staring at all the pretty girls.

-I complain about how uncomfortable all my gear is, but I still run after bad guys
    while wearing it.

-I sometimes run out before I get my food to respond to an armed robbery, or a burglary in progress, or an attempt murder, or a streetfight involving 30 people, or a felony hit and run, etc etc. But usually, I just eat my food hoping that the employees didn't put their pubes in it.

o You get out of bed in the morning and take your time getting ready,
    -I get out of bed in the late morning, and take my time getting ready.

o You go to the mall and get your hair redone,
    -I go to the mall to arrest a shoplifter in custody with mall security, or to drag some stupid drunk out of the movie theater.

o You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over,
    -My shift ended four hours ago, and there's no end in sight.

o You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight,
    -I go out and get drunk on my nights off, and occasionally take some random $lut home with me. But yeah sometimes I can't go out because I have court early next morning, or I've been force hired to go into work on my day off.

-And i find them pretty annoying sometimes to. ANd with a little over two years on the job now, I haven't had to pick up a dead child yet but I doubt I'll get through my career without having to do that.

o You criticize your police dept and say they're never there quick enough,
    -No you didn't, because I've NEVER been slow to respond to a hot call, even if it meant abandoning my lunch break.

-Well some people wave and smile like I'm something special. Others glare at me like I'm a scumbag. But none of them actually know where I've been and what I've done. So it's all the same, really.

-I CHOSE to be a police officer. But you should still try to have some degree of respect for the job I do and empathy for me as a human being. I'd extend the same courtesy to you, regardless of your profession.

Oh, and to 'kwaichang'... What the heck have you done, Mr. "Been Around the Block"? LOL at you. In the last two years of my professional life I've seen many types of death, fought a number of disgusting people very intent on hurting me, chased armed suspects, and been in a close range gun fight, among other things. And I don't intend to quit any time soon. That's not 'compensating', that's walking the warrior path.

You take kung fu lessons, throw sidekicks in the mirror, and probably expect your friends to think of you as Bruce Lee. Now THAT, could very likely be 'compensating''.
    Last edited by DragonzRage; 01-16-2008 at 05:03 AM.