Thread: Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles

OK, what is evryone's take on the series?

I like the female terminator. she was in that series on SCI FI. i was looking at pictures at her and she has a brooke burke/sigorney weaver look to her.

i am kinda annoyed at sarah conners casting, i am not feeling the lady.

john i like the casting.

i missed the pilot, but it looks like they took the events of the third movie and totally ignored it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I DVR'd it but havent had a chance to watch it yet.

I didn't like it at all. I watched the first two episodes.

1) When they change their names they always keep their first names. I know this is for us stupid tv watches who can't keep anyone straight unless they have the same first names, but it was stupid to me when you have invincible cyborgs tracking you constantly

2) River, I mean John's new defender, has no scanning ability at all?? Even the first terminator had that ability. Would you send a cyborg without this ability back in time to protect yourself? I wouldn't!

3) They travel without a dog?? A dog is the first defense for identifying a terminator. You have protector with no scanning ability and no dog either?? How about we just advertise our presence on a giant billboard with our home address so the terminators won't have to work so hard to find us.

4) John is a wimp and a whiner! The only strong characters are women. One is cool, but has no scanning ability the other is an irresponsible mom who has raised a wimpy savior of the world and doesn't protect him properly. Ever heard of HOMESCHOOLING!!! Yeah, lets send the defender of mankind to public school where all the terminators know where to find him!

5) John is a dolt. I know, I'll go back to the home of my mom"s old bf cause I wish I had a father figure in my life (That is why he sent a girl and not a man back to protect himself, HUH??), but I won't tell anyone where I am going, cuz I am such a strong and independent character.

6) Etc.

7) Etc.

8) Etc.

I would feel much more confident if my 16 year old son were the savior of mankind rather than this kid.

I know it is produced for teens, but even my 11 year old son and 16 year old son won't be able to tolerate this tripe.

Missed the initial showing. I need to catch in on rerun.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

fox.com has the full episodes on it.

I thought it was alright.

As far as the female terminator being different, i think it has to due with the changing of the timeline, remember her reference her john connor isnt the same john connor from the movies that sent back his man and the terminator to protect.

The timeline changed, john changed. For all we know that female terminator may be an early prototype with less functions available. yet skynet uses future models with higher technological advancement. Remember only skynet has true access to the technology, humans can only capture and reprogram, not produce.

Public school....ya retarded. also the fact that john connor is still in denial about these futuristic cyborgs sent back in time to destroy the savior of mankind. dude, if someone told me i was the future leader of the resistance of mankind, then a cyborg tries to kill me....i would be inclined to believe, and then train hard.

Sarah Connor is that lady from 300.

I think the series has some potential. Anything where you have time travel has limitless possibilities. You can literally change anything you want.

There are some cheese factors for sure. Like when sarah connor just picks up the female terminator when her system is offline...uh... isnt she a couple hundred pounds of steel? or maybe they have titanium frames.....lol dunno. but you think it would be heavy right?

But then there are also those moments that do have the "Terminator" feel to them.

Only problem for me is they show on monday nights.....im in class then.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Speaking of that female terminator

40 12-year-old alleged Asian assassin boys?

Sunday July 6, 2008
    No mean machine
    By MUMTAJ BEGUM

Beneath the cool robotic exterior of the terminator in The Sarah Connor Chronicles is Summer Glau the sensitive gal.

IN the new TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 26-year-old Summer Glau portrays a tough terminator sent by the adult John Connor from the future to protect his teenage self (Thomas Dekker) and his mother, Sarah Connor (Lena Headey).

Glau, best known for her role as kicka** River Tam in the TV series Firefly and later reprising the role in the movie version entitled Serenity, is once again executing nimble moves against the bad guys as she plays the cyborg named Cameron Phillips.

Summer Glau may have learnt to kick and punch but she remains a non-fan of martial arts.

In a recent interview in Sydney, Australia, set up in conjunction with the release of the series in Asia, the Texan lass talks about playing a terminator on her own terms.

You are possibly the furthest from the image of a terminator. Why do you think you were chosen for the role?

They were looking for a normal, unsuspecting girl. The whole idea was that it is more dangerous if you can’t see it coming. She is an undercover bodyguard so she goes with John everywhere, and she is supposed to be able to pose as his friend, his girlfriend, his sister, and so I fit that mould pretty well. After my first test for the role, I was sitting in the waiting room and I heard them watching my fight scenes from Serenity, and I think that was what tipped me over the edge.

Did you take any martial arts lessons to prepare for this role?

I had never done martial arts before this. I don’t think I have ever worked this hard in my life, and I have seen a lot, having been a ballet dancer; ballet dancers are the meanest, toughest things in the world.

Six months before the series started, I was sent to this fight camp in the middle of Alhambra, which is like a suburb of LA. One of the producers drove me there on the weekend. I was the only girl in the class, and there were these 40 12-year-old alleged Asian assassin boys. They made fun of me. I had never worked so hard because they were tough. I learned wushu. It is extremely beautiful but hard on your body. I did that and some kungfu, some kickboxing, like a hybrid, and I worked for months to do those fight scenes myself, because Josh (Friedman, the executive producer) wanted to be able to leave a camera in the same spot for the whole fight scene to make it look real. So when I learned how to fight, we actually made contact. I learnt how to roll off their face when I punched, and tapped them when I kicked them. I had to appear like I was pushing with all my force but I was actually just tapping. That was really hard.

I’m glad that I did it, but I don’t ever want to do martial arts again. I met with Joel Cramer, our stunts co-ordinator and I said to him: “Okay, so what kind of things do you want me to do? How does a terminator fight?” He said: “Well, Summer, I’ve seen some of your work and, wow, it was good, but terminators, they just break things and they pick things up and throw them, and shoot guns and walk through walls, and it can be a lot different to what you have done before.”I was so relieved. All of our sets have these signs: “Do not touch”, “Break away”. You cannot touch anything because it’s all breakable; if not, it will hurt real bad.

The women in this show are powerful females, like your character and Lena’s. Do you feel empowered by playing her?

Definitely. I always look for roles that make me feel good about being a girl. I have to say that there are a lot of roles out there that make me feel really bad about being a girl. You can imagine what the things are and I shall not go into detail.

Getting the chance to do Sarah Connor Chronicles has been such a privilege to me, and really makes me proud to be a girl and working with Lena (some people call us Thelma and Louise). She is such a strong woman. They are both really strong, but they are strong in totally different ways.

Interestingly, all three characters (Cameron, Sarah and John) are fighting for the same thing but they do it in completely different ways. There is a constant power struggle going on between she and I, but we are still women who are powerful, and we are trying to protect John.

What is it about this character that appeals to you?

I have until that point played very vulnerable emotional characters. I thought it is awesome to be the girl on the scene who is not crying or falling apart. I love the action. Who doesn’t want to play Terminator? I wouldn’t pass that up. I love every aspect of playing the character.

The only hard thing is, being a scene partner for my fellow actors. It is a very odd experience to have to be so placid; no matter what is going on and who is crying or yelling at you and how upset someone else is, I can’t give anything back. They are my scene partners, I’m giving them energy. But I always think Lena is going to come over and hit me after we’re done with the scene, because I just stare at her blankly while she spills her guts out. I feel so bad. That is the most uncomfortable thing about playing the role.

When you do the action scene, especially when you are running, you can’t show any emotions. Is that hard to do?

It is hard. One of the things that I even tried to incorporate from the beginning was making a blink deliberate, not blinking because I needed to but blinking more slowly, as a robot would. Also, Cameron won’t talk with her hands, won’t move her hair out of her face, won’t cross her legs. All these little human things I had to strip away, and add them back in a false way, because Cameron is an infiltrator and she isn’t supposed to appear human, so everything has to have something deliberate. It has to go from the mind through the body.

‘The Sarah Connor Chronicles’ airs on 8TV at 10.30pm every Monday.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Was this show cacelled?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I'm pretty sure it is coming back. Also Prison Break, and 24.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

yeah its coming back

Me

I wouldn't mind getting beaten up by that female terminator. She was cute in Serenity. ]
    Last edited by 冠木侍; 07-08-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Coding
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura