Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Liberals Beware!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    That's a good point. I think stiffening sentences would be a good idea to lessen crime in general.

Murder: life (no parole). Starts in solitary. Chance to get out of solitary with good behaviour. Chance to see a shrink/priest with good behaviour. Chance to socialize with other crims with good behaviour. Chance to exercise with good behaviour. Chance to work (for 'priveleges' like a TV, choice of food, rug, but not for money) with good behaviour. Any infringement, back in solitary.

Owning/selling a gun illegally: 10 years. Same conditions.

Drunk driving: see illegal gun ownership (you have the choice!).

Killing some while DUI: see murder (you have the choice!).

To me it doesn't matter what the medium is (gun, car, poison from your factory...): you break the law and kill someone, you pay.
    Murder = Death Sentence - immediately applied by the victim's survivors.

Owning/Selling a gun (define illegally): I think once you own a gun you have a responsibility for that item. What happens with it if you let someone have it is, to an extent, on you. If you sell/give it to someone and they do something bad with it. You effed up in your judgement and are as equally responsible for that action.

Drunk Driving: most states already have a no tolerance stance and I think the rest that don't will soon follow.

Killing someone while DUI = death by car, driven by the survivers of the deceased.

Rape = murder = the same **** thing.

Kill all the rapists and murderers that have been convicted and allowed all appeals so we can actually put more people in jail for a long enough time to possibly get them to correct their behavior.

but, aren't there statistics that show that jail time rarely reforms [passes ball to Scott]

IMO, public flogging and the stockade should be brought back in to fashion.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    How about just charging those who don't actually say anything?
    naw, that wouldn't be fair, now would it? Anyone can say what they want, right?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Owning/Selling a gun (define illegally): I think once you own a gun you have a responsibility for that item. What happens with it if you let someone have it is, to an extent, on you. If you sell/give it to someone and they do something bad with it. You effed up in your judgement and are as equally responsible for that action.
    Part of the point is I don't need to define illegally. Illegally means not in accordance with the law of the state you live in!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

yea, my mistake...my point was that I don't agree with all the definitions of 'illegaly' owning a gun.

yea, my mistake...my point was that I don't agree with all the definitions of 'illegaly' owning a gun.
    Sure, I knew you were going there... so, the whole point of this dumb argument thread is you're legally within your rights to campaign, lobby, and vote to change those definitions in the place you have legally chosen to live!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Do what some kid did in my old neighborhood did, just use a laser pointer. I got home late one night and the kid painted my front door. He must have gotten a big laugh when I did a dive over the railing and into my bushes. At least my reactions were good.

wooow. dude, your paranoid.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Sure, I knew you were going there... so, the whole point of this dumb argument thread is you're legally within your rights to campaign, lobby, and vote to change those definitions in the place you have legally chosen to live!
    no, the point was 'hey, i just bought a sweet ass pistol'

i don't know wtf you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Oh! I think I misunderstood your post due to what appears to be a typo on your part. Did you mean,

"You realize that you attacked him in this POST and not his argument, right?"

If this is your meaning than you are incorrect. I attacked him AND his argument!

I specifically attacked his claim to have provided a logical argument. Then I identified HOW I did so in the blued section. Perhaps you did not read the post very carefully or do not correctly understand argument. The rest of the post is riddled with further evidence of why I have come to the conclusion he is unable to reason clearly interspersed with derogatory comments.
    Yes, it was a typo, sorry about that.
    You attacked his claim of a "logical argument" by attacking him.

Easier to just make your point about YOUR view.

But to each their own.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

no, the point was 'hey, i just bought a sweet ass pistol'

i don't know wtf you guys are talking about.

Nice, but my recommendation is to leave it in the case. Once you put it in your hand half of your brain cells will erode and you will have the uncontrollable urge to run around the neighborhood killing people.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

not my neigborhood...between the rednecks, the ese and the homies, I'm way outgunned.

but that's why the claymore's are set up at the perimeter.

Nice, but my recommendation is to leave it in the case. Once you put it in your hand half of your brain cells will erode and you will have the uncontrollable urge to run around the neighborhood killing people.
    the above advice sucks...try this one instead.

My recommendation is to enjoy your new autoloader and get in some sweet range time.

That and enjoy your amazing constitutional right my friend.

Dude! You left out my sarcastic face and made it sound all serious and stuff. You damaged my character so I challenge you to a shootout on Main Street at high noon.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Not only that, but once you take it out the package, it's no longer a collectible.

went to the range today. not too bad for not firing a pistol in over 9 years.

it's a nice weapon to shoot. I need to adjust the sights a bit the next time, seemed to be hitting low and left.

CC class is saturday.

CC class was BORING. We did the NRA pistol safety portion in the morning then the Federal stuff with the info on NC law and lethal force and where to carry.

we did have to 'qualify' by shooting 50 rounds at a target. kinda go/no go and everyone 'go'ed.

fairly wide variety of population in class. couple of housewives, only 1 real redneck.

went back sunday to shoot w/ a bunch of friends. 7 of us all toll. One guy, a new aquaintence, had a bunch of stuff we all shot: a Sig 9mm, some comp .45's, a .357 w/ a 7" barrel. Lot's of fun.

saw this awesome picture just a bit ago: