Thread: Liberals Beware!

Hybrid View

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Liberals Beware!

I just purchased my first firearm in 9 years.

Smith M&P, 9mm medium frame.

it's pretty sweet.

doing the concealed carry class next weekend.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Nice....!!

The socalist state I live in frowns on the CCW. They seem to have a bit of a hard time understanding the Constitution.

True. However they see nothing wrong with criminals having concealed carry...I have yet to see them do any thing functional to stop them anyway.

yea, been looking at it since early this year. the gunshop owner said he thought it might make pistol of the year for 07.

my girl started going to shoot at the range all on her own a few months back and decided she was going to purchase and carry so we are doing the class together.

she decided on the compact version of the M&P after looking at the Glock and the Taurus Millenium series....LOL, I guess we're Mr. and Mrs. Smith now

We've even started talking about building a range in the basement.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Screw conceal carry! Carry it low and exposed if you want to discourage the low lifes from messing with you.

Welcome to the CCW fold.

BTW, Keep track of how often you actually carry. I cut back after many trips back to the car when I'd remember handguns were a no-no in certain restaurants.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-18-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

well, a month or so ago a drug deal gone bad resulted in a kid dead in the street...my street.

and lately, I'm actually seeing drug deals go down at a couple of spots within a 1/4 mile of the house as I drive home.

so, while I haven't owned a firearm of any type since 2001, i'd been feeling it might be time again and then the tale end of 07 ended up being pretty weird around here.

but, yea, in NC, you can't carry anyplace that serves alcohol. plus the usual schools, banks, liquor stores.

Anyone else using Crimson Trace?

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...5/Default.aspx

I don't like the idea of hanging something off the end of the frame but $300 plus will take some saving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Sheeyat, legal guns in the street aren't any better than illegal guns in the street. Sad state of affairs, where we modernize a clause in our Constitution, which was drafted to protect Americans in an era where there wasn't stable economics, govt., military, or police, and the threat of invasion was still imminent.

So why do you need a concealed carry permit? 'fraid of Za-Germans?
    I need the concealed permit to keep from getting busted for carrying my firearm. I'm sure you meant why the need to carry a firearm.

So you're thinking personal firearms are only needed to defend from invasion? Do you know that the police have no obligation to protect you from harm? They only catch the bad guys after the fact.

Do you know how long it takes to get a cop to your location when someone is assaulting you? Think they'll get there before your last breath?

Drugs are in every neighborhood, and purchasing a gun won't change that.
    Meaning what? Are guns supposed to prevent all crimes now or something? While they won't have any bearing on illegal drug sales they will keep you from being a target of the users looking for fast cash to support their habit.

Gun ownership is a psychological thing, and not much more. It's a power issue; it's a sexual issue; it's a security issue. It's rarely any kind of external issue. Unless you intend to use it (as in military, police, or criminal endeavors), a gun is just a prop that bolsters certain insecurities. (Note: I'm not taking potshots at you on this one, just analyzing the gun's role in contemporary society).
    Where are you getting this from? My opinion you're just parroting some BS repot you read somewhere (but I will agree with it being security issue).

And anyone NOT intending (or being prepared) to use it shouldn't be carrying one in the first place. When I carry I fully intend to pull the trigger if needed.

The question is: do you intend to use your gun?
    Yes. Does that bother you for some reason? How about if I was in the neighborhood when your mom was being assaulted?

And--will using your gun improve the situation in your neighborhood and give you better personal security? Will it eradicate the gun/drug problem? Or, will it run up a localized arms race?
    It's already been proven to improve neighborhoods, improve personal security and has not created an arms race anywhere concealed carry has been legalized.

So tell me, why do you keep thinking gun ownership will somehow stop illegal drug sales? You keep bringing this up but nobody on the pro-gun ownership/concealed carry side makes that claim. I think you need to expand your reading choices.

You're entitled to your opinion but it would be much more tolerable if it was based on real life info and not this clearly illogical anti-gun propaganda.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 01-19-2008 at 07:55 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Do you know how long it takes to get a cop to your location when someone is assaulting you? Think they'll get there before your last breath?
    Do you think you'll get your gun out fast enough? I doubt it. Are you going to outgun, yourself, a couple of hoods on the corner? I doubt it.

Meaning what? Are guns supposed to prevent all crimes now or something? While they won't have any bearing on illegal drug sales they will keep you from being a target of the users looking for fast cash to support their habit.
    WTF city do you live in? Of course it won't. Couple of cops got killed in a mall parking lot about 1 mile down the street from HQ here about a month or two ago on my shift.

Where are you getting this from? My opinion you're just parroting some BS repot you read somewhere (but I will agree with it being security issue).
    All weapons protect certain insecurities, and bolster others. It is a sexual thing, in that it's an issue of empowerment and dominance.

And anyone NOT intending (or being prepared) to use it shouldn't be carrying one in the first place. When I carry I fully intend to pull the trigger if needed.
    denananananadenanananadenananana.....Batman!

Yes. Does that bother you for some reason? How about if I was in the neighborhood when your mom was being assaulted?
    She wouldn't need you. Her boyfriend has a concealed carry permit, and he's always strapped. And no, that doesn't exactly make me feel much better either.

It's already been proven to improve neighborhoods, improve personal security and has not created an arms race anywhere concealed carry has been legalized.
    LOL......

So tell me, why do you keep thinking gun ownership will somehow stop illegal drug sales? You keep bringing this up but nobody on the pro-gun ownership/concealed carry side makes that claim. I think you need to expand your reading choices.
    Perhaps to pro-NRA websites or the Million Mom March? Um...no thanks. I'll take the uninterested and non-partisan viewpoints.

You're entitled to your opinion but it would be much more tolerable if it was based on real life info and not this clearly illogical anti-gun propaganda.
    I'm not anti-gun. Guns are valuable tools. They can be used for hunting, military, law enforcement. I just don't think they're valuable tools in the hands of the ignorant and unweeting (criminal and citizen). Sadly, this constitutes the better part of American society. It's no unknown fact that guns, like tobacco, are behind a lot of our political funding campaigns. Their interests, as corporate and political hegemons, are being protected to such a ridiculous level that gun control is getting bashed left and right and overturned left and right, because of this paranoid state agenda.

A gun ban wouldn't be a bad idea, IMO. That, and a cellphone ban.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 01-20-2008 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Anyone else using Crimson Trace?

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...5/Default.aspx

I don't like the idea of hanging something off the end of the frame but $300 plus will take some saving up.
    I figure if I can't hit something that's 20 feet away a laser sight won't help.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

lol, yea...besides, i didn't initially see that their current model won't work on mine because of the ambi slide release.

but, still, it's a cool trick.

A lot of peeps try and use the laser sight with the low light, point and shoot methods, under extreme stress the main point is are you going to even notice the beam.

Most "social gunfire" self defense situations are from something like seven feet away or less. We are talking h2h range.

good point.

but how can I get to do that evil laugh when the fool looks down and sees the red light on his chest??????????????????

hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    I just purchased my first firearm in 9 years.

Smith M&P, 9mm medium frame.

it's pretty sweet.

doing the concealed carry class next weekend.
    That's just great!