Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    well, a month or so ago a drug deal gone bad resulted in a kid dead in the street...my street.

and lately, I'm actually seeing drug deals go down at a couple of spots within a 1/4 mile of the house as I drive home.

so, while I haven't owned a firearm of any type since 2001, i'd been feeling it might be time again and then the tale end of 07 ended up being pretty weird around here.

but, yea, in NC, you can't carry anyplace that serves alcohol. plus the usual schools, banks, liquor stores.
    Sheeyat, legal guns in the street aren't any better than illegal guns in the street. Sad state of affairs, where we modernize a clause in our Constitution, which was drafted to protect Americans in an era where there wasn't stable economics, govt., military, or police, and the threat of invasion was still imminent.

So why do you need a concealed carry permit? 'fraid of Za-Germans?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Oso,
    What kind of carry rig are you using? One problem with most full size hand guns are too big for my needs (very concealable and with easy access) so I was carrying a AMT .380 backup in a cross draw but went back to my old Colt Detective Special also in a cross draw.

Here's what I'm looking at now for a daily carry.
    http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m642.htm
    haven't decided yet.

I've carried a Taurus PT92 in a shoulder rig just fine and used to carry a Star Firestar 9mm in an inside the waist holster...umm, illegally at the time.

I didn't get the large frame, but the medium frame which is bigger than the Star but smaller than the Taurus. I'm not a small person so I'll be ok with this in any rig with the appropriate layer of clothing over it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    LOL, personally I think punching someone blowing smoke at you is self defence!

I live in apartment and I get irate about that on my balcony... (I don't get angry about pretty much anything, and especially things I can't change, but I just see red about that!) and extremely irate if anyone smokes in front of my daughter (in which case I will say directly).

The freedom of ___________ as long as it doesn't encroach on others' freedoms is the argument that by logical extension brings me to the healthcare conclusion. People smoking and drinking too much puts enormous strain (drinking in the UK costs the health service in excess of 13 billion pounds a year, without counting indirect costs to the infrastructure in general like days off) on my government's budget, thus my taxes, thus my quality of life.

People who want healthcare should have to take a health check to qualify...
    yea, sometimes I feel like dragging adults from their cars full of children and smoke and stick their faces in their tailpipes.

it seems like we agree on the smoking thing.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    *insert percieved opinion difference here*
    to which you are entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Sheeyat, legal guns in the street aren't any better than illegal guns in the street. Sad state of affairs, where we modernize a clause in our Constitution, which was drafted to protect Americans in an era where there wasn't stable economics, govt., military, or police, and the threat of invasion was still imminent.

So why do you need a concealed carry permit? 'fraid of Za-Germans?
    because I want to and can legally do so.

yea, sometimes I feel like dragging adults from their cars full of children and smoke and stick their faces in their tailpipes.

it seems like we agree on the smoking thing.
    What if they have a concealed smoker's permit? Don't step on their constitutional right to kill their children slowly. It's their constitutional right.

Hell, America was built on the tobacco industry. It's as American, as, I don't know.....guns.

because I want to and can legally do so.
    In other words, you support the production of guns and further distribution. Remember, every gun bought by an upstanding citizen is two more guns bought by a heartless criminal. If you support the machine today, don't be surprised to get a facefull of exhaust tomorrow.

So why involve your girlfriend in gun-usage and ownership, etc.? Does it make the sex better?

well, since I'm sitting here typing from my home, I haven't done that because it would be illegal to do so.

I can think what I want, as you can...for now.

In other words, you support the production of guns and further distribution. Remember, every gun bought by an upstanding citizen is two more guns bought by a heartless criminal. If you support the machine today, don't be surprised to get a facefull of exhaust tomorrow.

So why involve your girlfriend in gun-usage and ownership, etc.? Does it make the sex better?

ok, now you're just being an idiot and offensive. I've never put anyone on my ignore list but congratulations.

Hiding my words is like hiding your gun.

(I don't know what that means, but it sounds like it could mean something).
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 01-19-2008 at 07:30 AM.

something wierd just happened with the server...a post I just sent didn't post

why did you change your post?

i decided to not put you on 'ignore' because that would be censorship on my part.
    In the words of Happy Bunny: I know how you feel, I just don't care.

If you really are a LEO then perhaps you could offer something to the conversation other than personal insult involved someone you don't even 'know'.

perhaps you would have been brave enough to say that in person were you standing here...

If you had paid attention upthread you would have seen that she took up shooting all on her own...mainly because while I had said that it would be fun to go shoot, I never had that much of an inclination having decided 9 years ago that I didn't really have a need for a firearm. She also brought up purchase and concealed carry.

After some things that have happened in this town, and within a 1/2 mile of the house we just bought in not that great a neighborhood, I've been changing my mind.

At this point in time I can legally do everything I desire to do with a firearm.

At this point in time you can pursue your thoughts and feelings on the matter through your right to vote.

maybe between the both of us we can keep both of those rights.

something wierd just happened with the server...a post I just sent didn't post

why did you change your post?

i decided to not put you on 'ignore' because that would be censorship on my part.
    In the words of Happy Bunny: I know how you feel, I just don't care.

If you really are a LEO then perhaps you could offer something to the conversation other than personal insult involved someone you don't even 'know'.

perhaps you would have been brave enough to say that in person were you standing here...

If you had paid attention upthread you would have seen that she took up shooting all on her own...mainly because while I had said that it would be fun to go shoot, I never had that much of an inclination having decided 9 years ago that I didn't really have a need for a firearm. She also brought up purchase and concealed carry.

After some things that have happened in this town, and within a 1/2 mile of the house we just bought in not that great a neighborhood, I've been changing my mind.

At this point in time I can legally do everything I desire to do with a firearm.

At this point in time you can pursue your thoughts and feelings on the matter through your right to vote.

maybe between the both of us we can keep both of those rights.
    Can't take a joke, eh? Ah well, not everyone shares the same sense of humor. Drugs are in every neighborhood, and purchasing a gun won't change that. I say, let's just call this one a stalemate for your sake, since you don't want to discuss it.

Gun ownership is a psychological thing, and not much more. It's a power issue; it's a sexual issue; it's a security issue. It's rarely any kind of external issue. Unless you intend to use it (as in military, police, or criminal endeavors), a gun is just a prop that bolsters certain insecurities. (Note: I'm not taking potshots at you on this one, just analyzing the gun's role in contemporary society).

The question is: do you intend to use your gun?

And--will using your gun improve the situation in your neighborhood and give you better personal security? Will it eradicate the gun/drug problem? Or, will it run up a localized arms race?

Oso

I respect your interest in firearms, I to have this love. I look to inherit quite a collection from my Dad when he passes. Little by little I have been asking him to teach me the proper care and such. Kind of a cool thing to do with your Dad ya know.

Well I guess any area has it`s bad neighborhoods, and I did have a prostitute try to chase me down once on a trip to Asheville. But A`town is like stepping back into the 60`s, with all the long hairs and peace and love, not to mention the smell of burning rope! And your sig other did spark this interest first eh? Anyway, I say get them while you can and hold on tight. Take me to the range next time I`m over.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Hey Im a Liberal

And i think its great that you are exercising your 2 amendment rights to bear arms. I personally do not like hand guns and carrying em around on your hip or tucked in your back crack is just silly, this aint the wild fukin west.

Nah i prefer my good ole semi-auto shotgun for home protection. but cool you got a 9mm. The only hand gun that i have fired that i actually liked was a Sig-Saur .40, good action, very accurate. Oh and i was watching History channel the other day and saw the Sharpshooters special they had, made me appreciate my shot gun more and more. Those guys are surgeons with those rifles. One guy threw 8 count em 8 clay pidgeons in the air and got em all before they hit the ground. i also liked the trick shot that other guy did where he sliced the poker card in half at 30 yds. way cool

Peace, TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 01-19-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Can you back that statistic up?

Oso,
    You can always have a good clue of who is carrying in the summer. Tank top, 10% chance they're carrying, Hawaiian shirt, 90% chance.

And i think its great that you are exercising your 2 amendment rights to bear arms. I personally do not like hand guns and carrying em around on your hip or tucked in your back crack is just silly, this aint the wild fukin west.
    That's why I carry something small in a cross draw.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.