Thread: lashley

The state that resembles a middle finger.

lashley

Was reading an article on this guy. He's wanting to head for the top of the division in strikefore (heavy weight). Which in all honesty is a pretty stacked division with some well known heavies in it. Thing about it is he hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning that could give him cred. They are hand feeding him guys right now and my point is, what's going to happen when he fights someone of cred.?

here's the article.
    ]

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/0...usspor00000002
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Depends I guess. Lashley has an excellent wrestling background, much like Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar started out, everyone said he would get destroyed when he fought someone of substance. Aside from his loss to Mir, in which he won the rematch, he also has beat Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, and Heath Herring, not really shabby competition. Same could happen with Lashley, or he could get destroyed. I guess we'll find out.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

It's always that age old question; how fast do you bring up a fighter? Time will tell how Lashley's management team did in that regard soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Depends I guess. Lashley has an excellent wrestling background, much like Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar started out, everyone said he would get destroyed when he fought someone of substance. Aside from his loss to Mir, in which he won the rematch, he also has beat Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, and Heath Herring, not really shabby competition. Same could happen with Lashley, or he could get destroyed. I guess we'll find out.
    not being funny but randy is a lightheavywieght who still managed to stand up easily against brock and do very well in the clinch, herring a journeyman and carwin would have beaten him if he actually had a gas tank, he is still a fighter with a lot of questions

Lashley will get creamed by the likes of overeem and fedor he needs to wor on alot of things

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    beaten him if he actually had a gas tank,
    haha 0-60 in 3 mins. then empty. .
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    haha 0-60 in 3 mins. then empty. .
    typical wrestler mentality to training and conditioning balls to the wall all the way, works great in wrestling when rounds are 2-3 mins and only 1 round i believe, not so good in a championship match that can last 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    typical wrestler mentality to training and conditioning balls to the wall all the way, works great in wrestling when rounds are 2-3 mins and only 1 round i believe, not so good in a championship match that can last 30 minutes
    Most wrestlers have insane conditioning. Look at Faber, Huerta, Guida, Hughes, Couture, etc. Hell look at Sonnen.

Its got more to do with Carwin being 35 years old and still working his engineering job while trying to do MMA on the side.