Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Again, new videomaterial of Wong Shun Leung

Id post my resume for you but I'll keep with the 'your not worthy' tip oh lowly one

BTW FWIW (probably not much) Ernie, I think for once you may have misjudged someone - NgGung. He's only asking the same kind of questions you would recommend
    any serious chunner ask: it's just that his English isn't so hot and now he's had to clarify his position he's coming across as challenging.

BTW2, Kevin - sorry I called you Keith!

Mat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you Mr. Punch. I think you tell this true. There is saying write in English Doveryay no Proveryay. This means to trust but to check for truth. This is all I try to do others see in my words what they do maybe because this is what they want or because my english is not so great. Even worse when excited or no spell check!

To Mr NgGung, once again I reiterate that my comments were not made to disrespect anyone, but as an attempt to respond to queries about the clip on YouTube (which I might add that I did NOT post - I do NOT have this particular seminar on VHS/DVD, but the points made by my late Sifu in that clip are things that he regularly spoke about when teaching WSLVT).

Okay, your main point of contention would seem to be my use of the term, "Talk the talk, walk the walk"so here, in a nutshell, is what I was trying to say: virtually everyone studying/practicing/teaching/commenting on Wing Chun/Ving Tsun/Wing Tsun, etc, constantly makes reference to concepts such as 'Lat Sau Jik Chung' ("constant springy force"), 'Cheung Kiu Faat Lik' ("generating power from an extended position"), 'Jie Lik' ("stealing power"), 'Lin Siu Dai Da' ("simultaneous attack & defence"), etc, etc, ad nauseum. Trouble is that very few of these people and/or lineages (apart from a few dedicated individuals who actually not only really understand these concepts, but actually train to develop them) ever actually can apply these attributes in the real world.

I am suprise is good day You and Mr. Punch understand me. and I appologize to misunderstand you. I read what you say before as Only WSL style is good everyone else is punks because Wong reputation for fights. I know you also say no offense but many people on internet these day like to insult everyone else and say hey offense. So you see my mistake. Some people misread what I write and say I am hung up on tech. No, you see what I say. Idea of hitting with closest weapon is idea in wing chun from begin so it is not just this. It is now do this from long bridge biu gee.This makes sense to me in Emergency. You go to punch someone anystyle boxer or mma slip inside or outside. When they do this they look to counter hit you to body or clinch as they move in. So in emergency you can hit from where hand extended but must have very much practice or is very dangerous. While bringing back hand has you elbow to protect you ribs. Everyones know this so no hung up. If teach this student should practice to use or no point in teach it..concept already teached from Begin wc, hit with closest weapon yes? ok my problem for bad writing.

Like you, I too am NOT a Superman, ...or a Hulk, ...or a Kimbo (Ernie was only messing with you in order to make an obvious point

Thank you to explain perhaps I misjudge him thinking he insult me like he think I insult him. I think in this we see from different places. This has nothing to do with imaginations. Big Fish eats little fish. Big attacks small. I guess all depends on you own fish tank? At one time no one consider Kimbo superman. He is a tough guy from streets there are many more. He is just best to climb his way out. I am not small guy or superman but I train my skills to work against guys big then me. So as far as method master Wong say , I can see in emrgency but Wing Chun is not to roll dice in street fights as I say before concept to hit with closes hand already there so to do this you must be very practice or you risk is greater then bringing back hand. How do you teach students to train for this? I really ask! Do you have them try to move in close under arm after you miss to practice follow ups? This to me is point of wc and adding to other skills. So, head like stone! appologies but this not obvious to me.

) and personally, at almost 52 years of age, I really don't have any real desire to face Mr Tyson, Mr Kimbo or anyone else of that ilk either. I train and teach because I have a passion for what I was fortunate to learn from my teacher, and HE put it on the line on many occasions for the benefit of all of us who share this passion for the MAs. Based on his experiences, and that of my fellow WSLVT brothers around the world, on my own limited hands-on experience both in and out of the ring, that of my own students and others, I know that the concepts that he refers to CAN and DO work, given that the training has been down to achieve such skills.

I respect this may I ask what training methods you speak to? How you teach student to learn this to use best for real streets?

Please understand that I have nothing but the highest regard for Boxing and for those who practice it. Having said that, however, I think that you would have to agree that we (as Wing Chun devotees) have a definite advantage considering that we NEVER train or apply our skills with a set of "rules of engagement" in place, unlike the boxer who, by and large, is constantly working within the mental and physical restrictions placed on them by the rules of the sport. This is not to say that they are incapable of dealing with such strategies/concepts outside of the ring - clearly there are many who can and do fight with devastating effectiveness beyond the confines of the ring - but by and large, you are how you train and therefore it is fair to presume that the aggessive use of such concepts would be found difficult to deal with by many.

This I would not say. I say good in different way.Do you talk about fighting a boxer in the ring who has rules while you do not with WC? Old saying fight as you train is ok but not so correct. More correct for people when begin but with experience in streets and good coach is easy to look at boxing in ring same whay wc schools look at sparing with controls just a bit harder and hitting head ok. SO This to depends on teacher as you say many wc train as health and art not fight others train for fight. Some train with teacher who teachs for health and art but on own train to fights. Many time wc does it training against wc makes it not so strong against other style. This is why you see them not do so good in MMA and other full contact. This is not disrespect I know what you say these events have rules but is more then this.Must be honest. It is type of live training to otherwise wing chun would at least last more then a minute. People say things like ah no need to practice against some one try takedown because I just drop with elbow. Then they find in street elbow not so effect and they get nocked down and hurt. It is to test and to keep open mind. In the street you do not want to kill the guy but there is line in your head you do not cross yes? If he bites you then you bites him but you do not want to be first to cross. Some one speak to bob and knee to face. This is funny because this happen to me when train in vale tudo. I fight guy who get to serius. I move in but bob little to low so he grab back of my head and knee but bad for him he must never do this before with person because I am moving in when he try so knee hit arm coving my chest and thigh hit my face. It hurt but he on one leg and go down quick after and I pay back favor to him worse! This type training even with rules build spirit and to be agressor so it is person. Some people get hit and get shock or cry I get hit and think of war. Rules are in the head is up to person to shut them on or off some can do and some not. This just like when you train at wc school not to hurt partner not to hit full or many times cooperate with partner. So yes I know you say I can not do full or I kill partner but many times people not so easy to kill. It is funny how things always works in theory. Things we believe kill in school and theories are different in real world. Wing chun many times train to fight man who stand like we do then get suprise when they fight someone who move fast is small target hits in ways from angles not now to us until the street.

To sum up, I apologise if you saw my comments as insulting or disrepectful and hope that you now have a better idea of what I was trying to share. That is, after all, what this forum is all about, is it not? I was one of the lucky few who was privy to the legacy left by my teacher and I simply wish to spread some of that wisdom to others so that they too might benefit from it, be that as a way to enhance what they are already doing, to introduce a new way of thinking (to see beyond the pointing finger where many are trapped) or to confirm the concepts that they are already embracing. As my late Sifu said at every seminar, and now I do at mine, "I offer some of my experiences and ideas to you - if you find something there that you feel is valuable, take it and make it yours - if not, feel free to ignore it"
    DMP[/QUOTE]

This is ok, Thank you to explain. Thank you to offer experiences. If you please to share training methods for this I likes thank you! It is easy to misunderstand in writings and for people to put to you things you do not mean. So my appologies to you. I am newer to writing internet. In person as old army boxing coach say best way to get out bad blood is to spit in bucket! But this can not be done in writings with people. It is my misunderstanding of you as I do not write so good and must learn more before I try to write on here any more and waste everyone time. please to forgive long writing. Thank you!

motion in combat is constantly changing in real time, so no-one is disputing movements of the head. However, in the context of the video, sifu WSL explained that bobbing and weaving to evade punches isn't effective because the hands can change faster than your head can change.

Of course, how we apply wing chun, and how we judge efficiency, is down to our personal comprehension of the system & experiences.

If you think spending 1000s of hours learning wing chun......only to use something else -- like boxing -- when we actually fight, is efficient -- in terms of body mechanics, time & money, then by all means bobbing & weaving is efficient for YOU.

vide of wsl wing chun

hi guys regarding the point re boxing and the street, and most good boxers would beat wing chun in the street , offence wise it is very good on the attack , but its , downside is defence you cannot use the big gloves , to block a jab or hook, or whatever in the street this is were i think traping would be a better option we dont train for the ring 4 hours a day like boxers but then again they dont have chi sua either there are good point in both arts peace russrllsherry
    russellsherry