Greetings..

Historical knowledge of religious connections to the Arts is relevant.. but, dogmatic instruction of a particular belief system during MA class is not likely to be well received.. to insist that an MA student receive religious instruction is contrary to rational thought.. If you choose to offer religious instruction as a separate class with no expectation that a student must accept "your" beliefs, that's fine.. In fact, the walls could be adorned with the Sifu's choice of religious references as long as there is no expectation that free-thinking students adhere to that belief system.. If the Sifu insists that students adhere to a particular belief system, then call it a church, not a Kwoon..

Although i don't personally claim any single "religion", i do find Taoist Philosophy to be the most closely aligned with my understanding of "Life".. i offer tidbits of Taoist wisdoms during class, but only as it relates to a particular lesson or as it connects in a historical context.. Separate from MA class, i host a Taiji Club where i tailor the study of Taiji from the Taoist perspective, i also welcome contributions of other "philosophies".. i tend to reject formal religions as unnecessary rituals that distract us from the experience they claim to be seeking, including "Religious Taoism".. Religious Taoism is contrary to its own philosophy, but.. that's another story..

I have found that some of the principles of Internal Arts conflict with some people's religious or philosophical or scientific beliefs.. and i respect their beliefs by counseling them to simply accept the lessons in whatever context they are comfortable with.. i have always been able to neutralize any religious conflicts.. In the Muay Thai Class where the uniform requires shorts, some religions forbid the exposure of the legs, so we let the student put shorts on over long pants.. situation neutralized..

The choice is simple, do you want to be a preacher or a Martial Arts instructor.. if you choose to expect students to adhere to your particular belief system, it should be stated up front and the corresponding loss of revenue accepted as a consequence of that choice..

Just my own perspective of things.. Be well..