Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts & Religion

I really have no issues with religion being taught in a MA, though it makes little sense to me from a "fighters" view point.
    As long as it is upfront and not "concealed".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by JERK GUY
    effective than any other

This is all I need to read to send my BS meter soaring.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

you do have to ask yourself, is the martial arts merely a veil to teach religion or the other way round?

they don't really have any sort of mutualness with the exception of healthy exercise.

learning to harm others is contradictory to virtually all religions barring satanism.
    It is however not contradictory to aspects of buddhism where the destruction of evil is as real as your own inability to stop it because you were not trained to do so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    you do have to ask yourself, is the martial arts merely a veil to teach religion or the other way round?

they don't really have any sort of mutualness with the exception of healthy exercise.

learning to harm others is contradictory to virtually all religions barring satanism.
    It is however not contradictory to aspects of buddhism where the destruction of evil is as real as your own inability to stop it because you were not trained to do so.
    I will be opening my new school next week. The Satanic Gongfu Institute.

Come and learn how to hurt people from the guys who really love it!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Greetings..

Yeah.. let's put the HARM back in "harmony"..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Satan usually uses good things in life including desire of wisdom to lure people away from GOD.

the serpent lured Eve and Adam to eat the apples from the wisdom tree.

a lot temptations of beauty, wealth, power etc etc

we harm ourself by answering all our needs and wants in an excessive way

and lose the way of the dao, the way of the truth,--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Satan usually uses good things in life including desire of wisdom to lure people away from GOD.

a lot temptations of beauty, wealth, power etc etc

we harm ourself by answering all our needs and wants in an excessive way

and lose the way of the dao, the way of the truth,--

hmmmn. an interesting mash up of taoism and old testament stuff.

having said that, we are all satan and we are all god by the very nature of our existence to deny one over the other is to deny wholeness and to remain incomplete. That, to me is the lesson of the tao, but then, I'm just a guy and frankly I don't go much for people in pulpits telling me what's good and what's not good for me.

Right and wrong don't need no books to define what they are. simply the deeds and the doers of same are all that are required. The rest is plainly observable in my opinion. Lest ye wish not to see and all that. :-)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nothing is more Christian than kicking someone in the face.
    Careful now, Chuck N. lurks on this forum.
    Figure Eight

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Converts???
    don't under stand that to much. but my sifu basically grew up in the church, his granfather was a minister.

Right and wrong don't need no books to define what they are. simply the deeds and the doers of same are all that are required. The rest is plainly observable in my opinion. Lest ye wish not to see and all that. :-)
    Sound like marriage.

The revised ten commandments:

1. I am the LORD thy GOD and am much harder than thou and thou shall take no other GOD before ME. For I am a jealous GOD and I will open up a can of whoopass on your sorry behind.
    2. Thou shalt not make thyself an idol except for training purposes.
    3. Thou shalt not take MY name in vein... say "Bruce Lee" instead.
    4. Observe the sabbath, but still practice your forms... OR I will strike thee down with great vengeance and furious anger.
    5. Honour thy Father, Mother and Sifu.
    6. Thou shalt not murder... except in self defence or no-one is looking.
    7. Thou shalt not commit adultery for thy wife is harder than thou.
    8. Thou shalt not steal secret techniques.
    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour unless thy neighbour says you threw the first punch.
    10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house or wife... if you covet his brother then I don't want to know and for "Bruce Lee's" sake don't tell Paul who'll go bat**** nuts.

Satanism is about hedonism not doing evil.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a satanist.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    This guy is weird for sure.
    If Martial arts training goes against basic buddhist principles, how do you think it is that Shaolin came to practice it??

KUNGFU??Depends on what your definition of Kung Fu is.
    Circumstances. They came to practice it as a way of stopping their bodies from wasting away. The bohdidharma saw thier bodies wasting from excessive meditation and taught them yogic techniques which eventually became martial to combat external attacks. Buddhism doesn't prohibit self-defence after all.

Kung-Fu simply means 'aquired skill'.

I'm sure you knew all that and they were just throw away comments but hey... I like the sound of my own voice. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by jacksawild View Post
    The revised ten commandments:

Satanism is about hedonism not doing evil.
    Satan, in the Judeao-Christian-Islamic view is the embodiment of evil.
    To be a true satanist is to aspire to the ideal of satan, which is to embody satan.

same as the true Christian will try and embody christ.

The christian will help the child while the satanist will rape the child.
    the christian will shelter the man and the satanist would leave him to the elements

there are many who claim to be Christian, but are not, same as satanists. Hedonism, is sinful, but hardly satanic. Jesus hung with all the robbers and the hookers at the drinking holes himself. he had to, it was they who need the most help.

True Satanism is beyond mere hedonism.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The satanist may rape the child, or they may sacrafice the child, or they might just ignore the child...but not all satanists like to rape children....he would likely do that which serves him best and gives him the most pleasure. Which could even include caring for the child. Depending. Also remember satanists are very selfish and will do what ever suits them most.

oh, im not satanic.

who really lied in that situation.

But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. 5For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
    True

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "You may freely eat of every tree of the garden; 17but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die."
    Lie, they didn't die that day.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 04-22-2008 at 07:31 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    The satanist may rape the child, or they may sacrafice the child, or they might just ignore the child...but not all satanists like to rape children....he would likely do that which serves him best and gives him the most pleasure. Which could even include caring for the child. Depending. Also remember satanists are very selfish and will do what ever suits them most.

oh, im not satanic.
    everyone is selfish and driven by self interest. It is in our nature. we are born lazy and filled with desire and we learn to do good deeds, we learn to work and strive for a better live. We learn these constructs because self interest and mutual survival are bound together like yin and yang.

True satanism is not the goth dress up nonsense of Anton LeVay and his ridiculous bible and publicity stunts.

True satanism is not "Naturism"

Most people who profess to be satanists are not. Like Christians or Buddhists or take your pick. Practicing a faith is more than a bum in a seat on a saturday or sunday, or knees on a mat throughout the week. Deeds are what defines all of these.

You do not want to see the real satanist, you don't want to be near, you want to avoid.
    Kung Fu is good for you.