Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1191

Thread: Martial Arts & Religion

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    At least they actually tried, and put their ideas out there for discussion.

Unlike someone who just says "critical thinkers would rip to to shreds" and then posts a cartoon guy having an assburger.
    Ciritical thinking is one of the first things taught in Theology.
    You are taught and exposed to every ( or close to every) form of critique of every doctrine, why they are, how they came to be and what are the orthodox and unorthodox responses to them.
    It is up to the individual to decide which, if any, fits there "mindset".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Lots of blood to drink, huh?
    I'm telling you, you havn't lived until you have danced out of control, drunk on the blood of your fallen enemies.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

That's a good definition.
    Shhh!! Don't tell anyone! It'll be our little secret!!!

No one is watching us, right?

At least they actually tried, and put their ideas out there for discussion.

Unlike someone who just says "critical thinkers would rip you guyz to to shreds" and then posts a cartoon guy having an assburger.
    Ass burgers are comfort foods for the insecure!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The whole Omnipotent and Omniscient thing is one of the great debates in Theology BUT most are comfortable with:
    God knows all he CHOOSES to know
    God can do all he chooses to do that doesn't go against God's nature.
    I prefer, "God does whatever he wants!" If he wants to go against his nature, he will, if he doesn't he wont't!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm telling you, you havn't lived until you have danced out of control, drunk on the blood of your fallen enemies.
    Don't forget the nubile naked virgins, who want ONLY YOU, that you get to dance with, THAT is the BEST part!

I prefer, "God does whatever he wants!" If he wants to go against his nature, he will, if he doesn't he wont't!

Well, if God goes against his nature then he isn't God, is he?

if god is real, and god is the creator of all, then wouldnt it be god that set for what we see as 'reality based limitations'. if that is the case, then it is only our perception of reality and its scientific boundaries that we experience, not necessarily the true limits of what can be. who is to say, with our truly limited ability to percieve the cosmos' that what is the make up of our reality, is the same across the galaxies? who is to say the elements in which we interact are the only elements across the universe?

this reality is an illusion. simply a construct of what is necessary for things to be exactly as they are.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Well, if God goes against his nature then he isn't God, is he?
    It is our own limitation that imposes a definable nature to God. God cannot have a definable nature, so when I say he may go against his nature, it isn't truly his nature, but against our limited impression of what we "THINK" his nature is!

In essence God has no definable nature, so in a sense he has no nature at all. These are all terms we use to try to discuss something that cannot be discussed, to understand something that cannot be understood and to know something that cannot be known!

know something that cannot be known!
    i know right!!??!

if god is real, and god is the creator of all, then wouldnt it be god that set for what we see as 'reality based limitations'. if that is the case, then it is only our perception of reality and its scientific boundaries that we experience, not necessarily the true limits of what can be. who is to say, with our truly limited ability to percieve the cosmos' that what is the make up of our reality, is the same across the galaxies? who is to say the elements in which we interact are the only elements across the universe?

this reality is an illusion. simply a construct of what is necessary for things to be exactly as they are.
    We do NOT know the creative process that God used ( If God created the universe) and I for one have no problem with evolution being that creative force ( if not in the exact for we believe it to be currently).
    I don't think God sets limits to how we perceive reality or in what way we can exert our free will.
    We have a limited way to UNDERSTAND reality but we can "imagine" it far beyond our perception and that may be the key to what reality may yet be proven to be.

There must be rules and limits to every game. All science really does is inform us of the rules as they are able, which, of course is limited according to the artificially constructed rules of science! Break the artificial rules of science and you learn something else about reality, but even that system of knowledge has rules that limit it as well.

We can't win no matter what we do!!!!

It is our own limitation that imposes a definable nature to God. God cannot have a definable nature, so when I say he may go against his nature, it isn't truly his nature, but against our limited impression of what we "THINK" his nature is!

In essence God has no definable nature, so in a sense he has no nature at all. These are all terms we use to try to discuss something that cannot be discussed, to understand something that cannot be understood and to know something that cannot be known!
    *golf clap*
    Correct sir.
    Although one can argue that If God exists AND wants Us to know Him( a big if I grant you) then he must be able to be known by Us.
    As such, God can have a "defined" nature that we can understand.

i know right!!??!
    But do you know left?

*golf clap*
    Correct sir.
    Although one can argue that If God exists AND wants Us to know Him( a big if I grant you) then he must be able to be known by Us.
    As such, God can have a "defined" nature that we can understand.
    If this is true than we will be able to know him according to the rules by which he allows us to know him, but that still will be a relative knowing and not a true knowing, unless he allows us a true knowing, which I am not prepared to say is impossible either!

BTW:

It is my impression that all individual minds are nothing more than God, knowing himself through play!

But do you know left?
    only on tuesdays, and since today is thursday, i wont know left until i go right to tuesday. as long as i dont go directly to jail, dont pass go, and dont collect my $200.00 i'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by scott r. Brown View Post
    if this is true than we will be able to know him according to the rules by which he allows us to know him, but that still will be a relative knowing and not a true knowing, unless he allows us a true knowing, which i am not prepared to say is impossible either!
    i know !!!!