Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts & Religion

He who hath no sin cast the first stone, or something.

Which, of course, is simply a "holier than thou" way of saying no one is allowed to hold any opposing opinions because they're not "perfect" (oh, my bad, you didn't say "perfect"...just "without sin". Guess that excludes the entire human race).

No, it's an indirect way of saying "absurd generalization has always been the bigot's fondest ally."

Heh, heh. Sure it is.

Would you like me to explain the attribution?

I'm quite familiar with it. In fact, I could have explained it to you. But thanks for offering, your condescension is appreciated.

You expressed doubt regarding my account of what I expressed; responding by offering to explain seems immediately germane rather than condescending.

What? ME doubt YOU? In matters of religion? Why, I wouldn't dare! How could you imagine me to be so bold as to dare such a thing?

Matters of religion? I haven't remarked on the content or beliefs of any religion in this thread, other than my remark regarding Systema.

Gee, did I say "this thread"? I guess I must've and just forgot about it.

Originally posted by Christopher M
    You expressed doubt regarding my account of what I expressed
    Originally posyed by cerebus
    ME doubt YOU? In matters of religion?
    This 'account of what I expressed' is in this thread, right?

Well of course silly. But your pseudo-intellectual religious superiority is lying in big smelly piles throughout the forum. I love how you run in circles... like this: "I haven't remarked on the content or beliefs of any religion in this thread" / "This account of what I expressed is in this thread, right?" Very nice!

Well, I'd love to stay & watch you run in circles but work shift has ended. Play nice kiddies!

I'll be happy to account for any remark I have previously made; though, as your reference seems extremely vague, you'll have to point the issue of contention out explicitly.

to debate the "viablity" of one religion directly against another, especially here, is invitation for war....
    you can't tell some one what set of beliefs is going to provide them comfort.....
    my bad and I'll take the responsiblity.......

grew up in a catholic household myself and found buddhism

cheering