Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful Street Applications

Score another for Kung Fu

Plus again, extra points for being a good Samaritan for helping someone defenseless.

"Kung Fu Fighting": Kung Fu Delivery Man Catches Robbers In Southern China
    By Michelle Guanzon
    on March 31, 2016 08:03 AM

(credit: Photo grabbed from SCMP)

Everyone was rooting for the restaurant delivery man in southern part of China where he caught an armed robber with a knife using his own bare hands and skills in Kung Fu.
    SCMP reported it was a 39-year-old delivery man named Chen Zijing who went after two robbers after attacking a woman and took over her gold necklace in Guangzhou's street in Baiyun district in Tuesday.
    Two young men riding a motorcycle were caught by witnesses approaching a woman from behind and suddenly grabbed her gold necklace. The victim then fell and was dragged on the pavements more than two meters until the woman's necklace broke. The woman was bleeding in pain with injuries and yelled out for help.
    Chen went after the two suspects using his electric scooter. According to a report, the robbers collided with a bus which is the cause that they fell from the motor bike.
    One of them charged a knife against Chen but he eventually caught the robber by neck and threw him at once in the ground.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And score another for MMA

Another martial good Samaritan. There's a news vid if you follow the link.

MMA FIGHTER RESCUES SEVERAL PEOPLE TRAPPED INSIDE BURNING PATERSON HOME
    Man saves several people from burning Paterson home
    By Jim Dolan
    Updated 2 hrs 48 mins ago

PATERSON, New Jersey (WABC) -- A mixed martial arts fighter put his training to a different use when he busted into a burning home in New Jersey.

He helped rescue the people trapped inside the home in Paterson.

"You cannot last more than 40 seconds. That black smoke will kill you 1, 2, 3, like nothing," said Moutasem Aburomi, rescued residents.

Aburomi knows well how long you can last in smoke like this. The house he ran into Wednesday to save at least half a dozen people was burning and filled with a suffocating smoke.

"This is how I was doing it," Aburomi said.

Aburomi covered his nose and mouth with his shirt and charged in.

"He just run in there, like everybody, screaming 'get out, get out' he took people out, ran back in," said Gilbert Matos, an eyewitness.

He did. Aburomi used his martial arts background to kick down a door on the first floor to get in and help a mother and her two young children escape.

Then, he went back in and headed upstairs where the smoke was thicker and the air was thinner and had to break down another door.

But he wasn't done. There was still a man in the attic. Again, he kicked down the door on the third floor and found a man sound asleep in bed.

"Knocked down, I found two beds, one to the left, one to the right with a man with his underwear, and yelled at him, 'fire, fire, fire!' Knocked out! He doesn't know what was going on," Aburomi said.

Aburomi helped that man to safety too and finally got out himself.

"He's a hero! There's not many like that anymore," said Adrian Rivera, a neighbor.

"It is the best feeling that I saved, and I was there to help out, help those people out. I can't explain the way I feel to be honest. I never felt that way," Aburomi said.

Aburomi says that he now wants to dedicate his life to serving others, saying this was a life-changing experience.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score one for badass grams!

And score another one for Samurai swords and tai chi practitioners.

Grandmother, 67, armed with sword chases off would-be burglar
    Harry Readhead for Metro.co.uk Sunday 3 Apr 2016 5:29 pm

The woman (not pictured, obviously) chased the intruder out of her home

We very much doubt that a would-be burglar who broke into a home in Perth was expecting to run into a grandmother armed with a Japanese sword.

But he did, and the result of this meeting was that he ran out of the house in fear.

The 67-year-old, who was practiced tai chi for 15 years, was woken by the sound of a burglar going through her things at around 11pm on Tuesday.

The intruder made a getaway when she brandished a Japanese sword. She then discovered her mobile phone, tablet and keys were gone.

He tried to escape in her car.

‘I told him with some colourful language to get out of my car, but he ended up getting out of that car quick because I pulled him,’ he told MailOnline.c

‘He came back twice saying he was going to kill me.

‘I chased him up the driveway and asked him, “Who do you think has the sword in their hand?”‘

The woman was able to recover her belongings. A police investigation is underway.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I wonder if her 'Japanese samurai sword" was actually a Taiji practice jian/gim.

Score one for IRON LEG

Iron Leg FTW!

This is seriously awesome. Follow the link to see the vid.

8:05am April 5, 2016
    Man snaps attacker's wooden bat in half with an impressive Kung Fu kick
    By ninemsn

April 05, 2016: A motorcyclist being threatened with a baseball bat in a street argument has been filmed diffusing the fight with a swift move.

A bully in China who threatened a man with a wooden pole is nursing his ego after his unassuming victim snapped the weapon in half with a powerful Kung Fu kick.

Dashcam footage shows a man on a scooter travelling down a backstreet in an unspecified province in China when another driver swiftly pulls out from a laneway and cuts him off.

Despite instigating the situation, the bully brandishes his weapon at his victim, taunting and threatening him, as he backs his opponent into a corner.

Left with nowhere to run, his timid victim suddenly performs a powerful and impressive display of Kung Fu, snapping the bat in half.

The bully's confidence quickly disappears as he throws the handle of the bat at his victim in a desperate bid to flee the scene.

The dashcam footage of the incident was posted to YouTube on March 21 and has so far been seen by almost two million people.

April 05, 2016: A Miami motorcyclist has filmed the moment he was forced to use the wrong side of the road to escape a chasing driver.
    Since going viral, the 'Kung Fu' kick motorcyclist was tracked down by a Chinese news team, who were eager for him to replicate the feat and prove it was no fluke.
    He duly obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I wonder if her 'Japanese samurai sword" was actually a Taiji practice jian/gim.
    I wondered that too, Jimbo
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sweet

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

...or not

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Iron Leg FTW!

This is seriously awesome. Follow the link to see the vid.
    or maybe you can just watch the youtube vid s_r just posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Sweet

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    or maybe you can just watch the youtube vid s_r just posted above.
    Too funny!

That was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    That was awesome.
    I heard he is related to the subway kung fu guy...

Score one for a Chinese Sports University

There's a vid if you follow the link but it's just a huge crowd shot from far away and a very sorry thief.

He picked the wrong place! Wannabe thief is caught and beaten up by throngs of martial arts students at a sports university

Incident took place at a university in Xi'an, north-west China, yesterday
    The students had stayed up late to watch a documentary on Kobe Bryant
    Suspect was chased by about 1,000 students some majoring in martial arts
    Police later arrived at the scene and rescued the man from the crowds

By SOPHIE WILLIAMS FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 04:33 EST, 14 April 2016 | UPDATED: 08:52 EST, 14 April 2016

After news spread that there was a thief in a university ground, kung-fu trained students decided to take matters into their own hands.

The group at The Institute of Physical Education at Xi'an, south-west China's Shaanxi province mobbed the thief yesterday, Huanqiu, affiliated with the People's Daily Online reports.

Video footage shows the thief being surrounded and eventually has to be rescued by the police.

We are the angry mob! Students follow the burglar and chase him out of the school beating him

Ooops! The unlucky robber met his match when the was discovered by martial arts students at the school

At around 11pm yesterday evening, a thief tried to break into the school.

According to witnesses who later posted online, the thief was spotted on the first floor by students who were staying up late to watch a documentary about Kobe Bryant.

Around 1,000 people flocked to chase the thief.

Unbeknownst to the thief, the students were all majoring in marital arts.

They chased and beat him all the way to the gate of the campus, surrounding him.

Police arrived at the scene and found it difficult to rescue him from the massive crowd.

In the footage, the mob can be seen following the thief and shouting aggressively.

More people can be seen joining the group and gathering around the unlucky thief.

They start to kick and hit him, each having their turn at beating the man.

On China's social media site Weibo, thousands of people have shared and commented on the news.

One user wrote: 'Sports Institute? Seriously? Why on earth would someone steal at a place where everyone runs faster than him'.

While another said: 'I'm sure at that moment the thief was begging for the police to come'.

Crowd of over 1,000: Video footage shows the students getting violent with the thief who becomes surrounded

Caught in the act: The burglar was spotted at around 11pm yesterday at Xi'an's sports university

Stuck in the crowd: Police arrived at the scene and found it difficult to rescue him from the massive crowd
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score on for Karate

I'm impressed by her shoe defense. Karatekas don't wear shoes.

I know, I know, I shouldn't poke fun at this - she defended herself in a heroic way, and I salute her.

Dubai tourist uses martial arts to escape rape
    Marie Nammour/Dubai
    Filed on April 26, 2016 | Last updated on April 26, 2016 at 06.44 am

Representational image
    (Corbis)

After she fought back, the man fled the scene with her purse which contained Dh1,500, other currencies, her passport, mobile phone and personal cards.

A driver's alleged attempt to rape a tourist failed as the woman used her martial arts skills that made the man flee instead, the Dubai Court of First Instance heard on Monday.

The driver, a 23-year-old Pakistani, pleaded not guilty in court to charges of kidnap, attempted rape, physical assault and theft charges.

He claimed she rode willingly in his car and he only had a fight with her because she was drunk.

However, according to court documents, the driver claimed during questioning that he tried to have consensual sex with the woman. "The driver claimed he had an agreement with the woman to have sex that night for Dh500. But he claimed they later fought over the place," said a police lieutenant in the investigation.

According to prosecution records, the driver approached the woman, a Georgian, who was waiting with her friends outside a hotel around 1030pm onNovember 22 last year in Al Rafaa.

He offered to give her a ride to a flower shop, but drove her to a deserted area in the International City where he allegedly tried to rape her. But after she fought back, he fled the scene with her purse which contained Dh1,500, other currencies, her passport, mobile phone and personal cards.

The tourist said in her statement to the prosecutor that she was with her friends outside a hotel where they were to attend a friend's birthday party. "We were talking about buying flowers and then the driver who was there offered to drop me to a nearby shop."

But the shop, which the driver claimed was 10 minutes away, turned out to be half an hour away. "He kept silent all the way and would only tell me to wait until we reached a dark deserted location."

As soon as he stopped his car, he punched her in the face and ripped off her shirt. She took off her shoe and hit him in the face to stop him from further undressing her. "He then leaned towards me, trying to kiss me and touch me," she said.

The woman then slapped him and pushed him away. "He stepped off and came to my side. He told me to arrange my clothes as he would drop me back to the hotel."

But he pulled her hair and made her lie down. As he tried to rip off her shirt, she punched him and threw dust in his eyes.

At that point he stood up, went to his car and drove away.

She stopped a car and went to her friend, who took her to the police.

During the questioning, she said the accused did not have the time to take off his trousers as she hit him back. She said she was a karate professional.

The complainant's friend, a compatriot manager, said during the prosecution investigation that her friend knocked on her door at midnight shortly after the incident.

"She was crying and had blood all over her clothes. Her shirt was ripped off. She had no shoe. She had a black eye and scratches and bruises on her arms."

The police arrested the accused in Ras Al Khor industrial area on November 25. "We checked the hotel's CCTV cameras. The two had a very short conversation before they went in his car. He was the one who initiated the conversation with the women outside the hotel," said a police lieutenant.

The hearing has been adjourned to May 19.

mary@khaleejtimes.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

One of my former CLF students told me his adult daughter was assaulted at the beach one evening by an aggressive young homeless man. He grabbed her and pushed her down onto the sand. She was in her street clothes at the time, and she took off one of her shoes, a type of 'shoe boot' with a platform heel. She hit him right in the face with it and knocked him out.

This former student told me he'd taught her some simple things for basic self-defense.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-27-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Refugees in Austria

Refugee Rapist Attacks Female Martial Arts Expert, Gets Knocked Out
    JONAH BENNETT National Security/Foreign Policy Reporter 1:51 PM 05/04/2016

Silhouette of refugees behind metal bars and barbed wire (Credit: Prazis/Shutterstock) Silhouette of refugees behind metal bars and barbed wire (Credit: Prazis/Shutterstock)

A 16-year-old refugee rapist in jail tried to attack a female prison warden in Austria, only to be knocked out by her martial arts expertise.

The prison warden beat the teenager down and pinned him to the floor, at which point her colleagues came in and collected him off the ground and carried the refugee back to his prison cell, The Local reports.

It’s unclear why the refugee attacked her. The exact details are somewhat fuzzy, but police did confirm the attack took place and said the refugee faces additional charges.

This refugee was thrown in jail after raping a 21-year-old student in a public bathroom in Vienna along with two other refugees. All three were arrested for breaking through the coin door lock, holding her down against the toilet and raping her. They covered her mouth with their hands so nobody could hear her scream.

She immediately called for help after the incident, and 100 police officers flooded the streets and quickly located the refugees.

These refugees initially denied raping her in the Praterstern area and then later caved and admitted the truth. Police think the attack was likely premeditated.

Praterstern has seen several rapes over the last several months. A migrant tried to rape a woman in March and there was a confirmed rape in January.
    Not enough info to substantiate claims, but in today's newsfeed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score one for the slap fall

Martial arts teacher credits 'slap' for survival
    Monday, May 23rd 2016, 12:45 pm PDT
    Monday, May 23rd 2016, 12:46 pm PDT
    By Ashlyn Becton, Reporter

Walter Lang (WALB photo)

The leaky ceiling (WALB image)

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A Bainbridge karate instructor says the skills he teaches others saved his life, in an unusual way.

Master Walter Lang has a new respect for the 'slap fall.'

That technique means to slap the ground just before your body hits disperse your downward momentum.

It helped break his fall and protect him when he fell off a roof while working on a water pump on a rainy day, he said.

On his way down, the safety latch on this ladder collapsed.

"But the X-Rays show no broken bones, no concussion and the doctor said you are very lucky. I told him luck had nothing to do with it. It was my guardian angel," Lang said.

Lang walked away with a shoulder injury, but doctors say it could have been a lot worse.

His students now have a new perspective on the skills they are learning.
    Learning to fall in judo remains one of my most important martial skills.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips