Thread: Successful Street Applications

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    On the same level as Karate vs. Shark & TKD vs SHARK!
    That only works with black bears. Don't try that with a grizzly or polar bear. Better to play dead which you likely will be. Or so Ive read Canadian and Alaska horror stories.

That seems to depend on the situation and sheer luck, too.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article703773/

It is nice to read those stories of people who survived Grizzly and Polar bears. Few do and my money is on the bear. Polar bear is extremely rare. But they do roam parts of Ontario, Canada. Couple of years back there was a black bear roaming a main road in my township. Not sure when the last time a bear was around here. Scared people but the cops let it go on its way and issued tv and radio warnings. Thankfully no grizzly, brown bears or polar bears in this area. In fact, I don't think in NY. Black bears have been wandering into the county as we expand. The surrounding counties and the edges of most of Monroe is rural , once farms or still farms. Where I live it was almost a fluke a bear would come this far inside the county. Anyway, no deaths and the bear left on its own.

On a different forum, there are many posters who claim that knives are 'poor weapons because it's easy to take a knife away from someone'. Wrong. Even here, where the Jujutsu(?) guy is clearly the physically superior of the combatants, it certainly wasn't "easy" for him to take the knife away. It took work for him to get it away. Now consider if the knife-armed man were someone who really knew how to use it and was fully committed. Or if he (the knife man) had help. Many MA guys do not give knives their due respect. In close quarters, a knife is every bit as deadly as a gun, and in some cases even worse.

Last edited by Jimbo; 09-10-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Canadian Martial Arts Guy Chokes Out Islamic Jihadist Trying to Behead Student.

This probably should go in a Martial Arts Heroes thread...maybe this is it.

University of British Columbia female student nearly beheaded by Saudi Muslim student in her dorm room

Name:  girl.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  14.4 KB
    A young University of British Columbia student, Mary Hale ) from Oregon had her throat cut and came close to being beheaded in her dorm room by Thamer Almestadi, an 18-year-old Muslim from Saudi Arabia who was enrolled in Vantage College, a special program for first-year international students.
    Adam Casey, 18, was on his way to check his mail when he heard about the attack from the frantic witnesses and wasted no time running to Hale’s aid. The instant that Casey saw Almestadi, who had already begun to cut Hale’s throat, his martial arts training kicked in. Casey pounced on the Saudi student and placed him in a chokehold.
    Said Casey, “I tried to get his hands off her neck that he was holding pretty tight, so I resorted to actually going after him,” said Casey. “He was pretty determined. He wasn’t letting go easily.”
    While Casey was attempting to subdue Almestadi, fellow student Luca Berg heard the commotion and and joined Casey in wrestling Almestadi away from his victim, forcing him to drop the knife in the process.
    I'm assuming Casey's training is in MMA considering the language he used and the first action he took. He prudently did not reveal where he studied martial arts.

Saudi Jihadist Thamer Almestadi

Name:  jihadi.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  24.4 KB

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.
    Crazy or not, the Saudi was committing an act of Jihad. And we could call it all crazy but who are we to judge?

'I put him in a chokehold': Students stopped attack in UBC dorm

UBC confirmed it has banned Almestadi from returning to campus.
    Sounds a little ridiculous right because why would he be free to wander the streets? Unless you consider how soft the Canadian Justice System is on criminals, the guy might be out walking around anytime soon. Especially Islam gets a pass in Canada because the elite's policy of enforced Islamic immigration and the corruption of the Justice system with Islamification policies.

“International student” … “One of their own” … “I didn’t think there was anything really wrong with him” … “No one could predict” … That’s funny. Leftist media is a constant source of entertaining stupidity.

“Some strange behaviors … Noticed him pacing” … How many times have we heard of that pre-attack behavior? Hundreds? Thousands?

No one could predict, huh? Except every person (that has not been brain wiped by the MSM).
    Interesting comment from the free web. Typically the people at the Uni "saw something.. and didn't say something".
    Maybe they were afraid of being called "racist" or the MSM has done an effective job on their minds of whitewashing Islam.

Name:  jihad triangle .png
Views: 453
Size:  85.5 KB

David Wood in the Jihad Triangle has identified the three essential steps that are needed for a Muslim to become an active Jihadist It's well worth taking note.

1 One must believe in Islam
    2 One must have knowledge of what the Quran teaches (Most American Muslims don't which is fortunate for the Kaffir(Non-Muslims) )
    3 One must be obedient to the knowledge they possess from the Quran

With all three factors in place you have an Active Jihadi

In the meantime Canadians should flock to get MA training now that the Hijra and Islamification is in full swing in the West . They say Canada will be Sweden 2.0 These first attacks are like drops of rain against the window before the storm.

Luca Berg (left) and Adam Casey (right) managed to subdue Almestadi until police arrived,

Name:  two guys.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  56.4 KB
    Last edited by wolfen; 10-07-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    "顺其自然"

Good thing the two guys helped the girl. Too bad the incident is abused for propaganda. Less mouth frothing news outlets tell a different story.
    Last edited by Cataphract; 10-08-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Extra points for making the robber cry.

You gotta wonder how much they thought they were going to get robbing a Dollar store.

There's a news vid if you follow the link.

Martial arts instructor takes down suspected robber
    KOB.com Web Staff
    October 29, 2016 09:07 PM

Police say a martial arts instructor took down the suspect of a robbery in progress.

According to a police report, two male subjects with t-shirts wrapped around their heads ran into the Dollar General Store at 840 Juan Tabo Boulevard around 8:44 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27th.

Both men were armed with knives and threatened the clerk, who moved from behind the counter. The men proceeded to remove the cash register drawers from the registers. One suspect took the drawer and proceeded to exit the store, while the other suspect -- later identified as Tyrone Yazzie -- remained in the store, struggling to remove the drawer from its register.

But the alleged thieves had no idea who was watching.

According to the report, Beau Velasquez was in the parking lot watching his students run exercises.

Students from Renegade Combative Tactics, Velasquez's martial arts school next door.

"You train for those moments that you don't know are going to happen, or you hope that never happen," said Velasquez.

Velasquez watched as the suspects entered the store and began the robbery, then he ran to the front of the store, tackling the first suspect who was leaving with the register, knocking the register out of the suspect's hands.

"I just grabbed him," said Velasquez. "Grabbed him by his head and kind of slammed him on the ground. We wrestled. At that time the money box had already fallen."

That subject was slipping from Velasquez' grasp, however, so Velasquez let him go and went inside the store to concentrate on Yazzie.

Velasquez tackled Yazzie to the ground, police say, knocking the knife to the floor. Another man from the martial arts school came to help Velasquez detain Yazzie until police arrived.

"I'm glad one of them at least is taken off the streets so he can't terrorize anybody else," said Velasquez.

Velasquez says Yazzie asked to be let go while he had him on the ground.

"Once we had him on the ground, the guy was, you know, kind of crying. "C'mon on man, let me go, please, please,'" said Velasquez. "And it's like, man, how are you gonna cry after you just tried robbing somebody?"

Police believe this latest event was Yazzie's seventh robbery in the last two months.

Police say the spree started at a Family Dollar store on Juan Tabo Boulevard and went on to include hitting a Check and Go, a Ross Dress for Less, a Big Lots, an At-Home, and a Walmart.

But it wasn't until Velasquez tackled Yazzie at the Dollar General that Yazzie was finally arrested.

"Don't be a victim," said Velasquez. "Train. I know it's scary sometimes, but this happens on a regular [basis] ,you know, so don't be a victim."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart