Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful Street Applications

A friend just emailed me this.

Boxer gets dumped HARD. He had great punches too but slip and got behind and done !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeaKOdDk2qY

score another for samurai swords

Woman fends off burglars with samurai sword

Woman scares off home-invasion robbers with samurai sword
    POSTED:NOV 12 2015 05:26PM PST
    UPDATED:NOV 12 2015 06:14PM PST
    HERCULES, Calif. (KTVU) - A woman used a samurai sword earlier this week to scare off a group of would-be burglars in Hercules.

The incident happened about 7 p.m. Tuesday evening at a home on the 1600 block of Partridge Drive.

One of the suspects knocked on the door, then told the person who opened door that he had the wrong house.

[IMG]http://www.ktvu.com/news/48213565-story#[/IMG]
    Photo Woman fends off burglars with samurai sword

As the victim started to close the door, three men forced their way inside. One of them began grappling with one of the residents, but a woman who lives at the home fought back.

"One of the other residents, a roommate, grabbed a samurai sword, preparing to defend herself," said Hercules police spokeswoman Connie Van Putten. "And all of the suspects ran out the door and fled in a vehicle."

Van Putten said it's more common for residents to be armed with more traditional weapons around the house, like a baseball bat. She said she didn't have any information on the dimensions of the samurai sword.

The three men jumped into a car, possibly driven by a fourth person, and fled the scene.

Neighbors say they were surprised by the incident.

"I think it's good she had a sword," said neighbor Karlee Davis. "I have a baseball bat by the front door. It's definitely made us all, the neighbors talk to each other a lot more, a little bit more alert about keeping an eye out for suspicious activity."

Asked what he thought about the woman using a sword, neighbor Rudy Yambao said, "Oh i have no idea, but it's very unusual. Maybe the owner is very brave."

No arrests have been made in the incident.
    Every home should have a samurai sword handy. Get your samurai swords here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Kung Fu Break-Up Wrath

If I were a musician, this could be the name of my band - Kung Fu Break-Up Wrath

Man wary of ‘kung fu’ break-up wrath
    Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 8:45 pm

A man on Conrad Drive wanted it documented by Flathead County Sheriff’s Office that his brother-in-law, father-in-law and mother-in-law had shown up while his wife removed some of her belongings from their home. The man said the pair were in the middle of a fight and the woman was in the process of moving out. The man was concerned the incident might escalate and that his brother-in-law allegedly “studied a sect of kung fu that is straight up assassination stuff.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't think this is legit

But still, it's kinda cool...

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score one for martial arts

Not specific about style, just 'martial arts'.

'Victim' uses martial arts to disarm knife-wielding robber, police say

William Hicks of Keansburg appears in court in Jersey City today, Dec. 15, 2015, on armed robbery charges.
    Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
    on December 16, 2015 at 8:29 AM, updated December 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM

JERSEY CITY - A would-be victim turned the tables on a knife-wielding robber and disarmed him by using his martial arts, authorities said.

William Hicks, 42, of Keansburg, "attempted a robbery with a butcher's knife and the victim was able to best the defendant because of his martial arts training" Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor John Wojtal said when Hicks appeared in court on the charges yesterday.

Hicks has 38 prior arrests in New Jersey, seven disorderly persons convictions and criminal convictions for theft and robbery, a court official said.

Hicks' bail was set at $100,000 cash or bond when he appeared in Central Judicial Processing court yesterday afternoon via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny.

The attempted robbery occurred on Oct. 28, but Hicks only appeared in court for the first time yesterday. The criminal complaint did not say when Hicks was arrested.

The 42-year-old faces 10 to 20 years in prison if convicted of the attempted armed robbery of $40.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

AARP Ninja

'AARP Ninja' uses cane to fend off street attacker in Washington state
    By Ben Hooper | Feb. 12, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Buzz Biechler, 66, who suffers from a variety of health ailments, was dubbed "the AARP Ninja" after fending off an attacker in Lake Stevens, Wash. Photo by Tania Biechler Angel/Facebook

LAKE STEVENS, Wash., Feb. 12 (UPI) -- A Washington state senior was dubbed "the AARP Ninja" after using his cane to fend off an attacker on the street.

Buzz Biechler, 66, said he was walking home from the Walgreens store in Lake Stevens about three months ago when a suspicious man on a bicycle nearly collided with him and alerted him to a second man running straight toward him.

"He had [a large piece of wood] raised like this," Biechler told KOMO-TV. "He was running at me full assault. I don't know. I don't have anything to steal. I didn't know what he wanted."

Biechler, who has only one eye and suffers from diabetes, a heart condition and hepatitis C, said instinct caused him to use his cane to strike the man in the stomach and ankle.

Biechler became known locally as "the AARP Ninja" thanks to a viral Facebook post by his daughter, Tania Biechler Angel.

Attn Lake Stevens Residents. On Monday my dad walked, with the assistance of a cane, to his doctors appointment at the...

"My dad is old school. He doesn't carry a cell phone. He continued to hobble his way home as fast as he could. He didn't call the police. He figured he made it safe and taught the guy a lesson," Angel wrote.

"If you see anyone in the area hobbling or know of anyone with a bruise on their chest in the shape of the butt end of a cane, please tell them they're lucky they picked on the wrong frail aging man and not his ****ed off daughter and then ask 'How does it feel to get you ass kicked [by] an AARP ninja!?'"

Angel suggested the attacker may have been after the needles her father uses to administer his diabetes treatments.

Biechler said he has struggled with addiction in the past.

"I kind of feel for the guy. I know what he's going through," Biechler said, "but at the same time, It's kind of like, 'don't tread on me.'"

He said he was surprised by the attention he received from Angel's post.

"People at the Safeway call me a 'silver warrior,'" he said. "And then I was going through the store and this little girl looks up at her mom and says, 'I think that's him!'"
    Not really a martial arts application, but Biechler could be a spokesperson for Cane Masters someday.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Swords for home defence

This is why everyone should keep a sword in their home.

Experience: I fought off a burglar with a sword
    I was very aware that I probably shouldn’t really hit him with the sword. The problem was, I didn’t know how far he was going to go – I don’t think he knew, either

Simon Bill: ‘As it happens, I used to collect old British swords.’ Photograph: Karen Robinson for the Guardian

Friday 12 February 2016 09.00 EST Last modified on Friday 12 February 2016 19.06 EST

It was a warm summer evening, and I was at home in Sheffield, just about to get ready for bed. My 10-year-old daughter, the only other person in the house, was fast asleep. The windows were open, and for a brief moment I thought I heard someone moving about in the garden, but put it down to the odd way sound carries in hot weather. I was upstairs when I suddenly heard a loud bang. I looked out of my bedroom window, and saw a man in a hooded top, trying to force the back door. I shouted at him, but, instead of scarpering, he just swore at me and carried on battering the door.

It is unusual for burglars to break into a property knowing there’s someone inside who has seen them. I ran downstairs, grabbed the phone and took it into the kitchen, dialling 999 while watching the guy through the little glass panel as he struggled to force the door. I was on the point of giving my address when one powerful blow caused the door frame to splinter, and I knew he’d be in with the next one. I said, “Too late!” and dropped the phone.

I didn’t know he’d be armed, but thought he might be, so I dashed to the cupboard under the stairs – there were a lot of garden tools in there that could have been handy. But, as it happens, I used to collect old British swords and I still had a 1796 British light cavalry sabre. It’s a fearsome-looking thing, and I hoped that the sight of it would be enough.

The burglar and I entered the kitchen from opposite sides. He slammed in through the back door, brandishing a length of timber like a baseball bat. His eyes were wild, and I guessed he was on drugs. I noticed a quick shift as he registered the fact that I had a sword, and he turned and bolted the way he’d come. I thought that meant this episode was finished.

I couldn’t lock the door behind him (because he’d bust it), so I ran out into the garden to make sure he had left the premises. At this point, he changed his mind and began an attack, aiming blow after blow with his club at my head and shoulders. I was using the sword to block the blows, while also feigning attack.

I was terrified, but I was also very aware that I probably shouldn’t really hit him with the sword; that I should act proportionately. The problem was, I didn’t know how far he was going to go – I don’t think he knew, either.

The fight went on, with me ducking and blocking these flailing blows, moving forwards all the time to get him away from the house. I started thinking that any moment he would realise I was not trying to hurt him. Then what was I going to do? I was exhausted.

Then, to my relief, he just took off. I was walking slowly back into the house when I heard him behind me. I turned to see him running at full tilt with his arm raised, ready to strike. This was the only time I used the sword as a weapon, swinging at his chest while raising my other arm to block his blow. I got a cut arm and he was injured in the chest – not seriously, because the sword was blunt. Then he was gone again.

I went back into the house, totally worn out. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my daughter had slept through the whole thing. I phoned the police again, and they soon sent an armed unit. Surprisingly, they had the burglar in their van already. He’d more or less run right into them. They’d heard a lot of the incident over the phone, which was still lying on the floor.

After several months, the intruder pleaded guilty; he was sentenced to three and half years for aggravated burglary. It took me a while to get my sword back – first, I had to confirm that it was not a Samurai sword (certain curved swords are illegal). There was some discussion about who should pay the postage; the police thought I should, but I explained that would mean me paying part of the cost of the investigation of a serious crime of which I had been the victim. Eventually, they saw my point and sent it in the post, covered in bubble wrap.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I have read that UK laws regarding self-defense are especially strict. That was obviously inculcated so deeply into the defender to such a degree that he could have been killed for being so hesitant. It seems as if the criminals are given the benefit of the doubt a lot more than the intended victims/defenders.

I once read somewhere (was it here?) about a citizen in the UK who came to the aid of a cop who was being badly beaten. The citizen helped subdue the criminal, but the cop arrested him instead for daring to put his hands on the attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have read that UK laws regarding self-defense are especially strict. That was obviously inculcated so deeply into the defender to such a degree that he could have been killed for being so hesitant. It seems as if the criminals are given the benefit of the doubt a lot more than the intended victims/defenders.

I once read somewhere (was it here?) about a citizen in the UK who came to the aid of a cop who was being badly beaten. The citizen helped subdue the criminal, but the cop arrested him instead for daring to put his hands on the attacker.

Not a whole lot better here. Better to flee and not talk about anything if you get into a fight. If someone kills someone and I sure hope none of us ever have to deal with that aftermath as it will destroy at least 50% of us completely and the rest to varying degrees. Don't run ! Don't talk! You need a lawyer even if it is a clear case of self defense. Keep you F---ING MOUTH SHUT, PERIOD. YOU NEED A LAWYER !

Unfortunately, you're 100% right.

These laws that make defending yourself such a legal hassle are created by lawmakers/moralistic geeks who can afford paid security, and who have never been in danger, nor even been in a fight, in their entire lives. Their whole viewpoint comes as academics with their lives spent in the book stacks. "Make sure you're only defending yourself equally to the threat against you, 50/50, and don't you dare try going 51/49 or we'll nail you." It's traumatic enough when someone has to fight for their life, or deal with any other crime against them, even when it's OBVIOUS who the perpetrator(s) was. "The poor criminal was traumatized by abandonment by his father figure and was only acting out in the only way he knows how; he needs our understanding." These ****ing laws only serve to traumatized the defender a second time.

Unfortunately, those lawmakers will probably never experience the reality of actually living in the trenches.

Score another for MMA

If she was just seventeen (you know what I mean ) and she hadn't 'attended martial arts lessons for years', the headline 'martial arts expert' is a misnomer, but we'll just let that slide because a solid boot to a potential sex-offenders jewels is a good thing.

Female teen martial arts expert, 17, fights of would-be sex attacker by booting him in the crotch

The teen fought the would-be sex attacker off by booting him in the crotch Getty

By ELLIE FLYNN
    05:08, 7 Mar 2016

A WOULD-BE sex attacker was stopped in his tracks when he grabbed a teen martial arts expert who escaped by kicking him in the testicles.

The 17-year-old top amateur mixed martial arts student was attacked as she walked through an alleyway on her way back from college.

But she left the sick attacker with watering eyes when she booted him hard in the nuts after the lurched at her.

The attack took place in Colchester, Kent and the girl's mum has now warned other girls Alamy

The man approached the teen as she walked home and tried to drag her into a nearby bush after several sleazy chat-up lines in Canterbury, Kent.

But the brave girl refused to let fear get in the way and used her MMA training to turn around and kick her attacker hard in the privates.

She said: "When I started to walk away he grabbed my hand and started to pull.

"I used the momentum to bring my leg up and kick him in the balls with the very solid heel of my boot, and said 'when I say leave me alone, leave me alone.'

"He was on the floor when I turned and left so I guess he was stopped for a while.

"What scared me most was the thought it oculd be someone else."

Although the girl hasn't attended martial arts lessons for years, her instincts were automatic.

Her mum posted about the terrifying attack on Facebook to warn other young girls about the sex predator.

She wrote: "Lucky for us she has MMA training and 'disabled' him.

"Please, please be careful out there. It was still daylight when this happened."

The suspect is described as in his early 20s, about 5ft 10ns tall, with dirty blonde hair and a medium, muscular build.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sword vs. stoner

Sword FTW!

Law & Order: Home-invasion attempt is stopped by sword, according to Sheriff's Office
    By The Times-Union Wed, Mar 9, 2016 @ 5:31 am

JSO--3/8/16 Elvedin Zukic, 19, of Hogan Road, was arrested on March 8 on charges of home invasion and possession of marijuana after he was stabbed in the stomach with a sword, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

A home invasion was thwarted early Tuesday after a 19-year-old suspect was stabbed with a sword by the victim at the Sable Palms Apartments at 2150 Emerson St., according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

About an hour after the victim, who is deaf, used the sword, a man with a stab wound was found at a gas station a few blocks away, police said. Following treatment, Elvedin Zukic of Hogan Road was arrested on a charge of home-invasion robbery with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana.

The 22-year-old victim contacted police via text message just before 2 a.m. to report that he had just opened his front door when someone approached, acting like he had a gun in his pocket, the arrest report said. When the man started walking into his apartment, he ran to his bedroom and grabbed his silver sword, then stabbed the intruder in the stomach.

The intruder fled without taking anything, and the victim was not injured. His mother and her friend also were home at the time.

Officers were then called to a report of a stabbed man walking into the Gate gas station at 3150 Emerson St. The victim identified the man as his intruder. Police said they found a bag of marijuana in his left sock.
    A silver sword? Aren't they all silver? The blades are silver at least. MartialArtsMart.com doesn't really carry completely silver swords, except this one (and that's only for our current supply - the hilts are for these are often brass colored). And that sword isn't really for stabbing. Bludgeoning maybe, but it's not sharp at all.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Haven't you seen The Book of Eli? Google for "tactical sword" - or maybe don't.

Good one, Cataphract

Yea, I've seen Book of Eli, but my brain goes here first.

And I almost always carry a tactical pen. I am a writer by trade, after all.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score another for MMA

Extra points for being a good Samaritan by not just defending himself but helping someone defenseless.

New Jersey man uses mixed martial arts to thwart car theft
    By Daniel Uria | March 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM

A New Jersey man was able to use his mixed martial arts training to stop a car robbery in his neighborhood. Henry Rodriguez saw the suspect, 41-year-old Kevin Stark Jr., attempting to enter his neighbor's vehicle to steal several items. Rodriguez asked the man what he was doing and tried to push him away from the vehicle, before knocking him out. Photo by welcomia/Shutterstock.com
    FAIR LAWN , N.J., March 25 (UPI) -- A New Jersey man was able to use his martial arts to subdue a man he saw attempting to steal items from a car parked in his neighborhood.

Police found the suspect 41-year-old Kevin Stark Jr. passed out in the parking lot, where good samaritan Henry Rodriguez said he saw him stealing items from his neighbors vehicle.

Rodriguez said he asked the man what he was doing and tried to push him off the vehicle before using his training in mixed martial arts to restrain him until he passed out.

Police say Stark took a debit card, GPS and baseball equipment from the 2015 Nissan Altima before being subdued by Rodriguez.

Stark was taken to Bergen Regional Medical Center by a Fair Lawn Ambulance to be evaluated for his injuries.

He was later transferred to Bergen County jail and charged with robbery, burglary and theft of moveable property, according to police.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips