Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful Street Applications

Woohoo! Would love to have seen that smackdown!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

This would be a successful shower application

Whoever mocks Chinese Kung Fu uniforms for being too pajama-like, take heed!

Canyon Country burglary suspect nabbed after surprise tussle with martial arts instructor
    Posted: January 26, 2015 7:12 p.m.
    Updated: January 26, 2015 7:12 p.m.

By Jim Holt Signal Senior Staff Writer

A Canyon Country man who works as a martial arts instructor had just stepped out of the shower Sunday when he found himself wrestling a burglar to the ground.

The burglary suspect — who lives just two doors down from his target house on Delight Street — allegedly broke into a home owned by a family who runs a martial arts business.

“I just got out of the shower and I was shaving when I heard the front door open and the dog starts barking,” said Andrew Bouciegues.

“I pull on my pajamas and walk out of the bathroom. I looked to the left, and then I looked to the right, and I see this fat bald guy standing there.

“He’s staring at me. His eyes are really wide and I say, ‘Hey, what do you need?’ I reached out to him, he pulls away and I said, ‘Get the f--- out of my house.’”

Bouciegues said he started to follow the guy out of the house, but as they approached the front door the intruder turned and went into the living room.

“I just grabbed him and chucked him really hard, and he crashed into the door and then he runs out,” Bouciegues said. “I watched him go to a house two doors down.”

Bouciegues’ mother, Liz, said she’s proud of her son showing “restraint in not hurting the intruder, as he has studied martial arts for many, many years. This incident could have been a tragedy.”

“He had stolen money from my room and was wandering around my home,” she said. “This was an extremely frightening experience for our family,” said Liz Bouciegues, whose family has owned the Martial Arts Fitness Center in Canyon Country for 14 years.

Neighbors who saw the man bolt from the house followed him to his own home, confronted him and held him for sheriff’s deputies, Sgt. Cortland Myers said Sunday. Deputies were dispatched to the house around 1 p.m. Sunday.

Residents holding the suspect identified him as a rent-paying tenant of the Delight Street home two doors down from the Bouciegues’ house, Myers said. The man was held on $50,000 bail.

jholt@signalscv.com
    661-287-5527
    on Twitter @jamesarthurholt
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Score one for Kung Fu

Crouching Tiger Kung Fu no less...

Chinese would-be mugging victims use kung fu to overpower Albanian gunmen
    PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 03 February, 2015, 11:38am
    UPDATED : Tuesday, 03 February, 2015, 6:11pm

One of the Chinese contractors re-enacts the martial arts moves they used to scare off the armed robbers, in this screengrab from Albania's Ora News.

Three Albanian gunmen met their match when they held up three Chinese contractors only to be outwitted and overpowered by the kung fu skills of their would-be victims.

The Chinese contractors re-enacted for Albania’s News24 TV on Monday what they said had happened on a mountain road in northern Albania on Sunday after they were held up at gunpoint.

“They were masked and armed and stopped us, putting the gun below the chin of our friend. They wanted our mobile phones, money and the sacks with our goods,” said one of the Chinese men, whom News24 did not name.

Speaking in Chinese, the three agreed to fight their attackers, he said.

The man’s demonstration of his techniques for the camera included powerful hand blows and frontal and back kicks.

Having overpowered the gunmen, the Chinese men called the police and had them arrested.

The man’s demonstration of his techniques for the camera included powerful hand blows and frontal and back kicks. Photo: Screengrab from Ora News

Albanian police confirmed that gunmen had tried to rob the Chinese nationals at gunpoint and said they had arrested two people, aged 21 and 23. The police also said they had seized old Soviet-era Model 54 guns, a mask and a bag.

Holdups, commonplace in Albania during the Balkan country’s turbulent post-communist 1990s, are much rarer now.

Crouching tiger... The man crouches for a pounce, in which he swipes at an imaginary attacker with both fists. Photo: Screengrab from Ora News
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score another for Kung Fu

I saw this on sitonmyfacebook yesterday. Follow the link for the vid.

Watch 'real-life Catwoman' floor three rowdy men with incredible kung-fu kicks

11:09, 3 February 2015
    By Kara O'Neill

The female vigilante walks into a restaurant and takes down three customers who appear to be causing trouble

393 Shares
    Tweet
    +1
    Email

This is the jaw-dropping moment a Chinese woman knocks out three men who seem to be causing trouble in a small restuarant.

CCTV footage captures the moment one man throws a plate on the floor, before two employees appear to rush in to pacify him.

But when that doesn't work - and the customer appears to become violent - the woman, who appears at the back of the footage suddenly steps in with her incredible martial art moves .

As the man's two friends step in to join the fight, the woman is forced to defend herself with a series of kicks and punches.

After leaving the three men lying on the floor, the woman, who is holding an umbrella is one hand, casually walks out of the restaurant without a second glance.

Real or fake: Are the moves a bit too perfect?

The footage, which was filmed on January 28, was uploaded to YouTube on February 1 and has already racked up over 19,000 views.

But the clip has already been questioned by viewers who are doubtful whether the video is actually real.

Added to the video site by The Multi Channel, the YouTube users claim the forty-eight second footage is completely "real life", when asked by a commenter.

Meanwhile, in more questionable CCTV footage, a woman from South America claims the moment she was pushed over by a ghost - leaving her bed bound for weeks - was caught on camera as she walked through her lawyer's office.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score one for 5th black belts

Follow the link to see the vid.
    Wife uses martial arts on home invader
    Updated: Tuesday, February 17 2015, 06:25 PM CST

PENSACOLA, Florida - It was early in the morning when Tom Seeker and his family received an uninvited visitor. A man forced his way into their home, trying to overpower Seeker's wife and son. There was only one problem. Seeker's wife is a martial arts fifth degree black belt, and his son is an orange belt. But it didn't make the encounter any less terrifying, and you can see it in the video from their surveillance equipment.

Members of the Seeker family were lounging around the house when a man approached the front door. In the video you can see him testing the door, seeing if the handle might open. He plays with the lock using a knife, TRYING TO finesse it open.

That's when things get scary.

He picks up a large, heavy concrete statue, and appears to take a practice swing. But then he decides on a different weapon; a potted plant. He feels its weight, appearing to try and figure out how best to swing it at whomever opens the door.

Just before the door is opened, he pulls out a pocket knife. For some reason, he puts the knife away. Then the door opens.

He forces his way in and slams the potted plant into Seeker's wife's head. You can see it fall and shatter outside the door. There's a fight as Seeker's son joins the fray. It happens inside, but according to Seeker, the son was able to punch the victim.

He comes falling out of the house, and that’s the last we see of him before he runs away down the street.

The message on the last frame is from the video Seeker placed on Facebook as a warning to other homeowners.

Seeker says, “If we can have one person, one time, double check, triple verify that the people at the door are the people you want to open the door for, then it's been worth the trouble.”

He says his wife assumed the person at the door was another family member, out for a walk.

Seeker says the family has weapons and security systems in place, “It happened so fast, none of those things could come into play. So the whole reason I posted the video was, I wanted people to see that it really doesn't matter how well prepared you are. The scenario's going to happen, and you're going to have to deal with the scenario."

Seeker says it's easy to assume anyone in his situation would be composed under pressure.

“Even though I thought I'd be prepared, I've been dealing with security for a long time, I wasn't. I was shaken a little bit. I thought ‘I'll be cool.’ But I was shaken up.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More street cam Kung Fu

Hold the phone. If she was unidentified, how does the reporter know she was a restaurant owner? I'm beginning to wonder how much of this is staged.

Would-be rapist gets black-belted: Moment mini-skirted restaurant manager fights off attacker TWICE using martial arts training
    Woman was attacked as she closed restaurant in Shandong, China
    Her self-defence training pays off as she overpowers the would-be rapist
    Attacker strikes AGAIN outside restaurant - but manager escapes unhurt
    By ELAINE O'FLYNN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 06:21 EST, 8 April 2015 | UPDATED: 09:43 EST, 8 April 2015

An attacker got more than he bargained for - when his chosen victim floored him twice with her martial arts skills after he tried to rape her.

The unidentified restaurant owner was attacked by the would-be rapist as she was closing the empty shop in the eastern province of Shandong, China.

She let the man into the eatery when he knocked on the door and asked to use the toilet, The People's Daily reported.

The restaurant owner used her martial arts skills to overpower the would-be rapist and pin him to the ground

The unidentified woman then raced out of the restaurant - but was followed by her attacker

The man tried to grab her - but had a shock of his own when she used her self-defence skills to overpower him.

CCTV images from inside the restaurant show how the woman, who was wearing a mini-skirt and heels, pinned her attacker to the floor and put her hands around his throat - warning him to leave her alone.

She then fled the restaurant but he tried to attack her again - only for the intrepid restaurateur to knock him down outside the eatery and escape unharmed.

The entire, extraordinary drama was captured on security cameras inside and outside the restaurant, which police used to trace the man.

The assailant was arrested two weeks later and is set to stand trial for attempted rape.

The woman was followed outside by her attacker but fought him off again using her martial arts skills
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

She let the man into the eatery when he knocked on the door and asked to use the toilet, The People's Daily reported
    Just say no...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Score one for samurai swords!

A decorative sword no less! Against two men with guns.
    Man Slices Up Trio of Alleged Burglars With Decorative Samurai Sword
    Jay Hathaway
    4/14/15 11:10am

An Argentine steelworker and his wife were awoken early Friday morning by a gang of armed burglars looting their house. Two of the three men had guns, but they didn't get a chance to use them before the sleepy homeowner took a samurai sword off the wall and savagely "smote them in the arms" with it.

The wounded thieves managed to flee in a car after taking around $400 in cash, but lost a fair amount of blood in the process.

Córdoba police found the getaway car had hit a tree in a nearby neighborhood, and tracked a trail of blood to the family home of one of the suspects. Two of the bleeding burglars were arrested, along with another man and a woman. One had lost part of an ear and had deep wounds on his face, while the other had cuts on his arms, according to La Voz.

The third robber, who also suffered deep cuts to his arms, was picked up while trying to get treatment in a clinic a nearby town. None of the injuries in the case are life-threatening.

Police have ordered a psychiatric evaluation for the katana-wielding maniac, who the Daily Mail names as Dias Costa, 49. His relatives told La Voz he's no martial artist, and the two swords he owns were purely for decoration until the Friday incident.

The three burglars are "in the hospital emergency room," Diario24 reports. The fourth man, possibly the getaway driver, is in jail on grand theft charges; and the woman is being detained as an accessory.

[Photo: La Voz del Interior]
    Wait....a psych eval for the victim? wtf?!?!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    A decorative sword no less! Against two men with guns.

Wait....a psych eval for the victim? wtf?!?!
    Obviously the poor victim was traumatized by being forced to confront the gun wielding bad guys.

Have some sympathy

here's a good start for the week...

...or maybe not.

Nakuru woman floors husband with deadly kung fu chop, forces him to lick vomit
    By Paul Kariuki
    Updated Monday, April 27th 2015 at 10:28 GMT +3

There was a ticklish spectacle to behold at a house in Nakuru East District when a drunk man, in his desperate attempts to assert authority, got more than he bargained for after his wife returned the favour in style.

The man, only identified as Johny, returned home high as a kite, woke up his wife and children and began demanding for a warm meal.

However, his furious and fed up wife turned tables on him, attacking him with an adept and masterful kung fu kick that sent him rolling on the floor, as his tickled children burst out in rapturous laughter.

But the enraged woman was not done yet, she forced him to lick his own vomit, amid drunken pleas from him begging for forgiveness and promising to stop drinking. One of the couple’s children, expressing her shock at how proficient her mother was at Chinese martial arts, scandalised her father as she entertained neighbours the following day with drama that had transpired that night.

Apparently, the man had staggered home way past 11p.m that night from a drinking spree. His angry wife, who had endured him reporting home late, grudgingly opened the door and let him in.
    See Also: Curse of being a bachelor: Unmarried Kenyan men reveal 8 agonising things they have to endure

“Amka, nifungulie mlango! Ama niingie nayo (Wake up, open this door. Or you want me to flatten it)?” yelled the man in a garbled up speech, whilst banging the door.

Once in the house, the drunk, as usual, pushed the joke a bit too far by demanding a warm meal — pronto. Little did he know that his fed up wife was a consummate combatants, complete with kung fu skills. Hell broke loose with the woman expressing her anger in a rather muscular way.

She floored him with a skillful chop, which saw him sprawled on the floor as he vomited in the process. The puke splattered on shoes and slippers and soiled a pair of bed sheets.

The woman dragged her husband through the vomit, asking him to lick it. Efforts by the man to plead for forgiveness fell on deaf ears. His wife kicked him around and read him the riot act, even as he begged to be spared.

Laughing stock

The drunken man was no match for the physically agile wife who took the opportunity of his poor coordination and lack of balance to rain massive blows on him.

“Guku nyumba irio gutiri mbeca ciothe uthiaga kunywa njohi nacio. Umuthi ukuria matahiko macio (There is hardly any food in this house because you waste every coin on alcohol. Today you’ll eat up that vomit)!,” fumed the woman.

She only stopped when he sobered up — courtesy of the beatings, and pleaded to be let to clean the mess using a mop. The evidence of the assault — broken and swollen lips, scratched face and all - prompted neighbours to probe one of the couple’s children who spilled the beans.

In a strange turn of events, the woman has since moved back to her parents’ home, fearing for her life. She allegedly left because she has been living in fear. She told neigbours she is afraid her husband could be planning a deadly retaliatory attack on her, since he has been turned into a laughing stock by neighbours. The marriage now hangs in the balance.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Score one for the kickboxers!

And despite this article's opening sentence, we congratulate violence all the time here.

Sex Attacker Pounces On Female Kickboxer, Gets Put To Sleep
    By : Alex Bentley | 19 May 2015 |

It’s not often that we congratulate violence. But if the story involves a sex attacker trying to force himself onto a woman, then being knocked out by her, it’s difficult not to offer our congratulations.

Mark Willis, 39, tried to attack a woman in Cheltenham in the early hours, punching her a few times before pushing her over a wall. He then tried to pull down her shorts, before she quickly flipped the script.

Because it turned out that she is a kickboxer, that has also taken self defence classes.

First, she tried to break his arm with a move that she knows, then managed to lock him into a scissor grip and throttle him until he passed out.

The woman told the jury what happened:

She told them that he got on top of her and told her: “Be quiet and do as I tell you and you won’t get hurt.”

I swore at him. I think I said something like ‘go f*** yourself.’ Then he hit me again in the face. He was grabbing at my clothing.
    Then she told them about the arm lock:

The intention is to send the elbow in the wrong direction and cause extreme pain or a break. I was not able to do that.

I think he figured out what I was trying to do because he managed to wriggle free and he hit me again repeatedly in the face. I was stunned for a moment.

Again I could feel him grabbing between my legs and pulling at my clothes. My legs were still free so I lifted my left leg up onto his shoulder and around the back of his neck.

I crossed my right leg over and squeezed together as hard as I could. He seemed to struggle for air – which was the point! His head was locked down. He lifted his right hand and literally pounded as hard as he could on the side of my face.

I closed my eyes and held it for as long as I could hoping he would pass out in a few seconds. Then I felt his body go limp. I thought he had lost consciousness or run out of air.

Willis’ DNA was found on her shorts, and she correctly picked him out of an ID parade.

Convicted of sexual assault, he will be sentenced soon.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

from fb

Cesar Gracie's fb.

Cesar Gracie

Dirtbag decides to sexually harass group of females. What he didn't know was that 2 of the women were MMA fighters currently in the UFC.

While going out to a club in San Francisco, a malcontent male decided to cop a feel of a female entering the club. The female turned to her friend, current UFC fighter, Leslie Smith and exclaimed, "that guy just grabbed my a$$".
    Leslie approached the man and said, "hey you can't do that" at which point the larger male responded, "f@ck you I can do whatever I want"
    Leslie retorted, no muthaf@cker you can't"

At this point the man became irate and spat on Leslie's face. He then proceeded to take a punch at what he thought would be an indefensible woman

Wrong

Leslie ducked the punch and shot in for a takedown. She quickly got to the mans back and applied a choke but decided he needed some elbow strikes and punches to learn a valuable lesson.

The man unable to fend off the better fighter, desperately grabbed at Leslie's hair and in vain resorted to fighting like a girl.

Approaching the melee was Leslie's friend and Meisha Tate training partner, UFC fighter Heather Clark.

Heather, without missing a beat, delivered a running soccer kick to the man's nether regions.

Leslie again achieved mount and delivered a series of elbows until the man, now having his face looking more like hamburger meat, yelled out that he was sorry and that he respected them.
    At this point Leslie disengaged and allowed the man to get up and go. He left
    having learned a valuable lesson and the women returned to the club.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Saweet! But dang! No video?

That is awesome. Taught the idiot a lesson.

However, I do feel that, rather than just going back into the club, that leaving probably would have been the better option for the women. Not because they're women, but because oftentimes, the loser in such fights will leave, go get a gun and wait outside for their conqueror(s) to come out later. Especially when they are totally humiliated. At least, that happens a lot in male-on-male fights in bars or clubs. Fortunately, that apparently wasn't the case here.

Great-Grand Dad + Black Belt + baseball bat

Great-grandad with black belt in martial art sends armed robber packing after bashing him with BASEBALL BAT as he tried to rob his jewellery shop

David Bruce was working alone in his jewellery shop when thief arrived
    The man wore a latex mask and glasses and produced a gun at the till
    Mr Bruce, 71, hit him three times with a baseball bat and chased him out
    The great-grandfather said the man thought he would be 'an easy touch'

By Jennifer Smith for MailOnline
    Published: 15:15 EST, 1 June 2015 | Updated: 08:41 EST, 2 June 2015

A great-granddad with a black belt in martial arts fought off a would-be robber with a baseball bat as he attempted to loot his shop.

David Bruce was working alone when the thug stormed his jewellery shop in Barnstaple, Devon, wearing sunglasses and a latex mask.

He held he 71-year-old at gunpoint, demanding that he empty the tills after slamming a bag on the shop counter.

David Bruce chased off a would-be robber in his jewellery store after striking him with a baseball bat

Pretending to go to open the till, Mr Bruce produced a baseball bat from beneath it and smashed it onto the thief's hand, breaking his wrist.

Despite the gun being fired twice, the shop owner was able to wrestle with the thug before chasing him out of the shop. He is now being hunted by police in the area.

Describing the incident, Mr Bruce said he wasn't frightened because he has never yet lost a fight.

'He was quite scary looking, but I don't mind it as I like a fight and I've never had a problem in the shop, ever.

'I've never lost a confrontation yet and I sure wasn't going to let someone walk in my shop and walk off with stock.'

Mr Bruce, a father-of-two, has been a black belt in Kendo, a Japanese martial art, since he was 18 and, in the 1960s, trained Metropolitan Police officers in self-defence.

Speaking of his would-be attacker, he said he was confident he would not lose any scuffle because of his weak hand.

'He thought I was an easy touch I'm sure, and he wouldn't have thought he was going to get the reaction he did.

The attacker produced a gun when he arrived at the store in the middle afternoon wearing a mask and glasses

The robber quickly runs away after realising he has met his match

But Mr Bruce quickly came out on top, as CCTV images (above) show the man being chased out by the store-owner with a baseball bat

'I come from the school of hard knocks, if you know what I mean, and don't take kindly to having a gun waved around in my face.

'When you look at it afterwards it is scary and it shook me up a bit but I just took it on the chin. I don't think they will come back in here again.

'It didn't faze me at the time. I knew his hand wasn't as good as it was when he started.'

The wanted man is white, between 5ft 2ins in and 5 ft 7 ins tall and was wearing a sandy or khaki coloured trench coat and latex type full head mask which made him look bald.

Detective Inspector Praveen Naidoo of Devon and Cornwall Police said: 'We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the man entering or leaving the town centre area or anyone with information as to his identity.

'He most likely left the scene with injuries to his right hand and head.'

See? There's something to our kung-fu-baseball-bats thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips