Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: for the love of god wtf is wrong with ppl?

Like this!
    The Righteous

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter,
    that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:

but ye know him;
    for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    god is not real.

there, I started the fire.
    yes i am

more words so my post will post

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    yes i am

more words so my post will post
    My Post can post too, and can do a lot of other stuff too and I can use it to hang clothes to dry even.
    I like my post and so do quite a few women I know...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ignorance (which has nothing to do with being stupid btw) is the constant obstacle to the advancement of mankind. It is no coincidence that extremism in all forms relies upon those who are undereducated and who have limited access to critical analysis.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Ignorance (which has nothing to do with being stupid btw) is the constant obstacle to the advancement of mankind. It is no coincidence that extremism in all forms relies upon those who are undereducated and who have limited access to critical analysis.
    Never understood why people think there is only own way to do something...
    Never understood why some people take the view of others as "gospel" and don't try to find out the "truth" for themselves...

bc its a shortcut to thinking. makes life easier just to take someones word on something.

We have planted the seeds to beat the Bush Fam. thread.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

“The highest principles for our aspirations and judgments are given to us in the Jewish-Christian religious tradition. It is a very high goal which, with our weak powers, we can reach only very inadequately, but which gives a sure foundation to our aspirations and valuations.”

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by the Preacher View Post
    “The highest principles for our aspirations and judgments are given to us in the Jewish-Christian religious tradition. It is a very high goal which, with our weak powers, we can reach only very inadequately, but which gives a sure foundation to our aspirations and valuations.”

Albert Einstein
    Well, **** me in the mouth !

Quote Originally Posted by jow yeroc View Post
    Even when given historical
    FACTS they will argue tooth and nail. Nobody wins.
    Dunno. I've always found it amusing to listen to that kind of debate. Kind of like listening to a 3-year-old explain why they should have a toy that costs alot.
    Last edited by Becca; 01-24-2008 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by the Preacher View Post

Albert Einstein

And all this time I thought Einstein was Hindu...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

trained historian?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I'm a trained historian who also happens to be half jewish/half catholic... and I've developed a personal interest in the history of religion and how religions "evolve" ("devolve") generations after they are established.

If you read any of the works of the "historical Jesus project" and especially anything on James (Jesus' brother and first leader of the Church in Israel) how a religion started by a Jew, practiced by Jews, with a distinctly Jewish context and distinctly Jewish message gave birth to one of the most anti-semitic movements in the world? The answer is Paul, not so much an anti-semite really, but a man who we now clearly can see took the religion in a very different dirrection, DESPITE the objections of James and the original disciples (and remember that Paul NEVER MET JESUS, much less learned his direct teachings).

That's not even touching what Chris was talking about, ie the complete revision of Mary's role in the original movement and her subsequent "downgrades" by a series of misogynistic Church leaders who exhibited some strange tendencies....

Now, back to something funny
    Interesting that you felt the need to pre-empt your personal opinionof the "facts" with the "trained historian" statement. Was this to add more credibility to what you say in case people with differing opinions disagree with you?? -seems likely

The historical jesus project was hardly the bottom line in the debate of the "historical jesus". Just as many researchers disagree with your premise.

Regardless, you seem to have arrived at a personal conclusion based on what you believe. Better to say such statements as opinions instead of pretending to represent the facts and THE truth.

Ultimately, everyone chooses what they want to believe. Don't spread your propaganda as a facade for truth.
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
    Interesting that you felt the need to pre-empt your personal opinionof the "facts" with the "trained historian" statement. Was this to add more credibility to what you say in case people with differing opinions disagree with you?? -seems likely

The historical jesus project was hardly the bottom line in the debate of the "historical jesus". Just as many researchers disagree with your premise.

Regardless, you seem to have arrived at a personal conclusion based on what you believe. Better to say such statements as opinions instead of pretending to represent the facts and THE truth.

Ultimately, everyone chooses what they want to believe. Don't spread your propaganda as a facade for truth.
    I, for one, took what Dave said as an opinion and nothing more, as I do with anyone's religious views/statements.
    To me, any religion must be scrutinized and debated and viewed with a critical mind and in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Never understood why people think there is only own way to do something...
    Never understood why some people take the view of others as "gospel" and don't try to find out the "truth" for themselves...
    rascism and the class system creates closedminded individuals...i got black cousins and in elementary i had friends of every race...i'm white

go to hardev's house and we having hindu dinner, go to tom's house and they giving me red envelopes for chinese new year..go to hasan's...you get the picture.

even tho i was closedminded as an ignorant whiteboy running with the bugged out capilano natives...when i grew up i had culture cuz i wasn't rascist and was to aggressive to care about a class system..you either made me not bored growing up or I victemized you in some sort or another...i had no respect but i wasn't rascist and a bigot just ignorant...got some self knowledge which led to respect when i stopped being a punk kid and caught the idea to study every culture.

i know many closed minded white kids born in the same year as me...they didn't have black cousins and another outlook to make them not get beat up by the natives...

people can talk all they want but until rascism and the class system disappears we always gonna have poverty and gang violence.

it sucks, cuz basically evolution is the only thing gonna change it...crackas have to die

tangential?