Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honest question to all regarding Gwai ma

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    My Sifu taught it as Kwai Saat.

I use the motion when I need to lower myself for any reason quickly. I have heard of it used successfully or defending a shoot.

My long-time kung-fu brother (Dave) went to train at an MMA school where the instructor received a concussion from this movement. The instructor went for the shoot and his opponent dropped one knee while twisting his hip bone into the instructor's head. He was knocked to the floor with a concussion. Dave was exchanging acupuncture treatments (for post-concussion symptoms) for instruction!!!

Just some tidbits.

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    Are you saying that you friend Ko'd ( or at least gave a concussion) to a MMA instructor by dropping his hip on his head as he went in for a shoot?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Are you saying that you friend Ko'd ( or at least gave a concussion) to a MMA instructor by dropping his hip on his head as he went in for a shoot?
    Sorry. Poor explanation.

The MMA instructor went into competition and received a concussion due to this defense.

This story was told to me by my friend Dave who joined the MMA school after this occurrence and is an acupuncturist like me.

Hope this clears things up.

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels