Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting youtube clip

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    If you thought the massive dummy was strange, what do you think of this clip??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscZucZq1T8
    They're your kung fu bros aren't they?

Some odd-looking stuff in there... can't say much more than that.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

That school is here in Montreal, not too far from where I am. (Ils parle francais!)

The basics of Vietnamese Wing Chun is that some Cantonese masters like Yuen Kay-San's elder brother, Yuen Chai-Wan (Nguyen Te-Cong) and Yip Man's sihing, Lui Yiu-Chai (Luong Vu-Te) moved to Vietnam in the 1930s/40s.

I'm not sure what happened to Lui, but Yuen started in the North and ended in the South. According to rumor, he preferred teaching ethnic Cantonese, and passed on what looks like the Foshan WCK system to his ethnic Cantonese students, with the ethnic Vietnamese students getting elements of WCK.

Since systematic purity was not as important to them as survival (see wars with France and America), they basically learned, mixed it together with whatever else they learned, like 5 Animals and Qigong stuff, and village Hung, etc. and different interpretations emerged.

As with most systems, there are politics between the various descending branches, with several people spread from Canada to Russia to Vietnam claiming the "one true direct from Ng Mui" version of the art and not speaking so kindly about the others.