Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Hybrid View

Professional Wrestling

for the past few months, the undertaker has been wearing mma gloves and fighting out of a boxing stance. he has been using the triangle choke as a submission and tonight he submitted someone with a gogoplata. wtf?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    for the past few months, the undertaker has been wearing mma gloves and fighting out of a boxing stance. he has been using the triangle choke as a submission and tonight he submitted someone with a gogoplata. wtf?
    have you not noticed the ring is now 6 sided? And that they are using submissions now? Even the video game has a "submission" system.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Due to the nature of 'professional wrestling' ... this does not suprise me at all.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    have you not noticed the ring is now 6 sided? And that they are using submissions now? Even the video game has a "submission" system.
    the game does have a submission system, but the ring isn't always six sided - that is for certain events.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

He's a big MMA fan - that's not new. He's been doing it to some extent or another since Shamrock was in the WWE/F.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

I thought TNA used the 6-sided ring, not WWE.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Just saw a UFC ad saying Lesner was going UFC in February.....

If MMA didn't have a steroid controversy before, it does now.

Lesnar is fighting Frank Mir, a BJJ Black Belt and former HW champion.

I am interested to see if he lost alot of muscle as he will no doubt be steroid tested.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

A part of me died inside when I heard Jim Ross describe John Cena as a "ground and pound guy" one time. Then another part of me laughed out loud.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

which is safer?

WWE doesn't answer to the boxing commission. It's actually classified as entertainment. There's more money for the top WWE champs, but there's also less legal protection in terms of safety requirements.

Bobby says evil forced him out
    By ROB McNICHOL and MATTHEW COOPER
    Published: 23 Jan 2008

ONE of the WWE’s brightest hopes for the future, Bobby Lashley, has sensationally quit the company claiming that “evil has prevailed”.

The former ECW champion, 31, posted a statement on his official website reading: “I am sorry to everyone here but I am serious when I say I won't be back.

“Everyone wants to come here and hear the real story and I am telling you the real story.

“Circumstances which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE.

“I can't go into details of this now but like I said before sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you which has happened here.

“Evil has prevailed. However, like I said before, if you continue your struggle doors will open around these people.

“You have not seen the last of me so please don't stop your support.

“Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!”

Out since July with a shoulder injury, Lashley was due to return to action this week. Instead he now joins girlfriend Kristal Marshall on that released list.

Pay cheque

Speculation is already rife that his intended destination will be the world of UFC and mixed martial arts, although TNA will no doubt be *****ing up their ears at this news.

Lashley’s WWE career peaked at WrestleMania 23 last year when he defeated Umaga in a match which involved WWE owner Vince McMahon getting his hair shaved at the hands of Lashley and US mogul Donald Trump.

However, wrestlingnewsdesk.com report that career highlight may have been one reason that led to him quitting, with the star unhappy about his pay cheque for the event.

The website also reveals that Lashley hasn’t even spoken to McMahon yet, only informing WWE executive vice president of talent relations John Laurinaitis about his desire to quit.

The federation are expected to announce Bobby’s departure as soon as the paperwork is sorted.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Oh man!
    I remember my brothers and I would get home from church and the first thing was to turn on wrestling, and Blackjack Mulligan would do the claw, and bamas would start bleeding and they would pop that big red "X" on the screen to censor it.
    It's amazing what was considered "shocking" back then, compared to nowadays.
    They need to bring back old school finishing moves like the claw, but definitely not in Von Erich way.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    WWE doesn't answer to the boxing commission. It's actually classified as entertainment.
    WHAT???!!!??? WWE is not real, it's entertainment?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

hey actually startd doing that some years ago, when he was just riding a bike in and not into the whole undertaker gothic thing.

------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.