Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Looks like a work.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I don't care about MMA in WWE, it's the WWE in MMA that would concern me.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I don't care about MMA in WWE, it's the WWE in MMA that would concern me.
    seriously.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lashley strikes again

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 pm EDT

Pro wrestler Lashley TKOs the much larger Sapp in minutes
    By Maggie Hendricks

Former pro wrestler Bobby Lashley showed that he is for real in mixed martial arts, defeating veteran fighter Bob Sapp with a technical knockout in less than two minutes at "Ultimate Chaos" in Biloxi, Miss.

As soon as the bell rung, Bobby Lashley went in for a quick takedown. He had no problem with bringing the much larger Sapp to the canvas. From there, he executed his game plan well, staying on top of Sapp and throwing a barrage of punches. Sapp tapped to signal that he wanted the fight to end, but the referee did not see it, and Lashley kept punching. Finally, Sapp tapped again, and the referee put an end to the fight at 1:17 in the first round. After the win, Lashley announced that he is ready for whoever wants to take him on.

"To all the heavyweights out there, if you're not looking at me, you better, because I'm coming. I'll take on all challengers," Lashley said.

Both men have the first name Bob, and both have experience professional wrestling, but the similarities end there, as Sapp outweighed Lashley by nearly 67 pounds for the main event. Lashley, who is undefeated in the real sport of MMA after years as a star professional wrestler in the WWE and ECW, took on the fight with Sapp, who is a veteran of Japanese fight promotions PRIDE and K-1, to prove that his desire to excel in MMA is real. A win over Sapp validated Lashley in the cage, moving his record to 4-0.

Lashley weighed in at 255 pounds for the fight, meaning that he would have no problem making the heavyweight class of 265 for more mainstream mixed martial arts promotions like the UFC, Strikeforce and Affliction. Considering how he has steamrolled through his four opponents, and that he is training at the highly touted American Top Team, it's not crazy to think that we will soon see Lashley on a larger stage.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Wow! He's got a better record than Brock . . .
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

he also looks way more monsterly
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ttt 4 2012

Bautista is also starring in The Man with the Iron Fists.

WWE legend Dave Bautista set to make mixed martial arts debut
    UFC
    September 2, 2012
    By: Eric Holden

Former WWE superstar Dave Bautista is slated to make his mixed martial arts debut on Oct. 6 against Rashid Evans, in the main event of the "Real Pain" card from the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

Bautista, who performed in the WWE in the early-2000s as "Batista," is no spring chicken, as he's making his MMA debut at age 43.
    View slideshow: Dave Bautista is set to make his MMA debut on Oct. 6

Luckily, his opponent, Evans, is also an MMA newcomer who has no pro fights under his belt. Evans is not to be confused with former UFC champion Rashad Evans.

On Sept. 1, it was announced that UFC veterans David Loiseau and John Howard were added to the "Real Pain" card, adding a little credability to a card headlined by two combatants with 0-0 records.

Loiseau (20-10) hasn't fought in over a year, as he battled through an elbow injury that sidelined him since Feb. of 2011. He'll be fighting 32-year-old Chris McNally (5-4).

Howard's opponent is yet to be determined. He (11-7) is 3-0 since getting released from the UFC last year.

The main card of "Real Pain" will air on DIRECTV per-per-view for $29.95.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm surprised he passed the p1ss test, lol. That guy is a poster child for PED's.

So, I haven't really been paying attention for the last 6 months. Was Evans released then?

Oh sh1t, I just noticed it is Rashid Evans. lol One letter was off, I thought it was Rashad.
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Press release

I just got this press release about Bautista. They even offered an opportunity to interview him today, which I would have totally jumped at if I didn't have a previously scheduled appointment. It was too short of a notice.
    SIX TIME WWE WORLD CHAMPION DAVE BAUTISTA LOOKS FORWARD TO GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE DURING MMA DEBUT

(Los Angeles, CA – September 25, 2012) — Former WWE superstar DAVE BAUTISTA is one of today’s most well known professional wrestlers. The six time WWE World Champion is the longest-reigning World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history. And in just a few short weeks Bautista will take those skills to the world of Mixed Martial Arts in a long awaited move. On October 6th, 2012 at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island Bautista is set to make the jump to MMA with a debut bout against heavyweight Rashid Evans.

Training for this fight has been “hardest of my life” said Bautista in a recent interview, but “this is a dream come true for me, I’ve wanted to compete in Mixed Martial Arts for years…I’m excited about it. I get the chance to compete in a sport, ya know, not an entertainment sport, to actually go out and really punch someone in the face and really get punched in the face. I don’t want my fight to be a joke.”

Tickets for this highly anticipated fight are available now at www.ticketmaster.com. The fight is also available on Direct TV Pay Per View and international live streamed at www.bautistamma.com for $29.95. Live stream via Bautistamma.com is brought to you in HD full screen by Vividas.

Bautista will also star in the upcoming November 2nd Quentin Tarantino blockbuster, The Man With the Iron Fists as the aptly named Brass Body. Fans can catch full interviews with Bautista, see the undercard lineups, the official The Man with the Iron Fists trailer, and watch the title fight streaming live at www.bautistamma.com.

For further information about the Bautista vs. Evans fight, please visit: www.bautistamma.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Another press release

WWE CHAMP DAVE BAUTISTA GETS A NEW OPPONENT
    FOR HIS DEBUT MMA FIGHT

Rashid Evans is out, Vince Lucero is in!

(Los Angeles, CA – October 1, 2012) — Due to an unforeseen incident, Rashid Evans has officially pulled out of the highly anticipated fight with former WWE superstar DAVE BAUTISTA set for October 6th. The scheduled fight will go on as planned with Vince Lucero stepping in to take Evans’ place as Bautista’s debut MMA opponent. The fight remains scheduled for 8 PM ET/5 PM PT at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island with Cesar Gracie as the play by play announcer.

The six time WWE World Champion is not going to let this small set back stop him from realizing his long time dream of making the move to Mixed Martial Arts. The Bautista camp is business as usual, continuing with his grueling pre-fight training determined to make Dave’s debut fight a successful one, regardless of who ends up in the opposite corner at the starting bell.

Vince Lucero, a 40 year old MMA veteran has an impressive number of fights behind him with 42 professional bouts and 11 KOs. Fights include two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia, whom he fought less than two years ago, former UFC heavyweight contenders Justin Eilers, Homer Moore and Christian Wellisch, Strikeforce veteran Ruben Villareal and former World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) contender Jimmy Ambriz in addition to fighting for the Bellator Fighting Championships in 2011. The sheer experience under Lucero’s belt is sure to make him a formidable opponent for Bautista’s debut fight.

Tickets for this highly anticipated fight are available now at www.ticketmaster.com. The fight is also available on DirecTV Pay Per View (that will include a free 7PM ET preshow) and worldwide live streamed with full screen HD by Vividas starting at 9PM ET at www.bautistamma.com for $29.95. The show, titled “Real Pain,” is presented by Jimmy Burchfield's Classic Entertainment & Sports in association with June Entertainment and 4zero1 Entertainment Group. Real Pain features 14 bouts, including four former Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC) contenders.

Bautista, 43, will also star in the upcoming November 2nd Quentin Tarantino blockbuster, The Man With the Iron Fists as the aptly named Brass Body. Fans can catch full interviews with Bautista, see the undercard lineups, the official The Man with the Iron Fists trailer, and watch the title fight streaming live at www.bautistamma.com.

For further information about the Bautista vs. Lucero fight, please visit: www.bautistamma.com
    Oh and btw, speaking of MwtIF...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Will they be testing Bautista for steroids?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Will they be testing Bautista for steroids?
    dude bautista was born that way. same size and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    dude bautista was born that way. same size and everything.
    Born? or spliced together?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

well it was more like an escape