Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundhouse kick technique

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Maybe we can all learn how to do those beautiful flips that Rutten does when he wins a fight. Bas Rutten.....blaaaa!!!! He's as old as Tank Abbott or Ken Shamrock.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Why would you block a kick with your thigh? Why not just not be there when the kick get to it's intended target. Simply put, just move.
    If you move, what did you gain? You just give the guy another chance to do it again, and maybe this time he hits you anyway.

If you take the kick, you can close the gap and counter.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well lets look at that question.....I gained no pain by avoiding the kick for one thing. I avoided a possible broken leg for another thing. Why not close the gap as soon as he plants that kicking leg down. Thats when he has less time to react to a counter attack and is slightly off balance.

You guys realize that my question was about getting kicked in the supporting leg WHILE the other leg is "suspended" right?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You guys realize that my question was about getting kicked in the supporting leg WHILE the other leg is "suspended" right?
    I figured that out this morning.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I figured that out this morning.
    LOL
    I thought there might have been some confusion when people started saying to turn the thigh or move out of the way.

Well lets look at that question.....I gained no pain by avoiding the kick for one thing. I avoided a possible broken leg for another thing. Why not close the gap as soon as he plants that kicking leg down. Thats when he has less time to react to a counter attack and is slightly off balance.
    If you move out of range to avoid the kick, you usually can't get back in range before the opponent recovers.

I would think that the toes pointed away at 180 or as close as possible would be better, no?
    Do you mean to tell me sir, that you do not enjoy broken knees?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Do you mean to tell me sir, that you do not enjoy broken knees?
    Having had a torn knee cap while playing football ( soccer to you pussies), no I don't.

Becca, read my post again I said SIGNIFICANT superficial nerves. The primary nerves of the leg is the femoral and sciatica and obturator and they are deep also the superficial ones are sensory primarily not Motor. To do real damage hit the pressure points of the leg. Ie the IT band. Do your anatomy 1st.
    To answer the Original question.
    If I had to choose how I would want to be hit in the knee while weight bearing it would be from the rear 1st, from the inside 2nd from the outside or laterally 3rd and from the front 4th. Worst would be from the lateral front. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Cool

Having had a torn knee cap while playing football ( soccer to you pussies), no I don't.

Typical response from a Canadian or from the English. Do you hold you little finger out also while you sip your tea? Soccer sucks. You run run and run the whole game and then the final score is one to zero. Or zero to zero. Thats exciting (not). Try a real sport like collage wrestling or even high school wrestling. Thats a rough sport.

The counter is what "he's" giving you as soon as "he" sees you plant your leg to execute a kick... The question is not if you get kicked. When actually sparring, you will get hit. The question is what kind of injuries you might expect with a pivot style roundhouse kick vs. a set-though style roundhouse kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Becca, read my post again I said SIGNIFICANT superficial nerves. The primary nerves of the leg is the femoral and sciatica and obturator and they are deep also the superficial ones are sensory primarily not Motor. To do real damage hit the pressure points of the leg. Ie the IT band. Do your anatomy 1st.
    To answer the Original question.
    If I had to choose how I would want to be hit in the knee while weight bearing it would be from the rear 1st, from the inside 2nd from the outside or laterally 3rd and from the front 4th. Worst would be from the lateral front. KC
    To each thier own. I would rather not risk hyper extending my knee that way.

As to the nerve issue. The outer thigh may not have the critical motor control nerves, but they do have signifigant nerves. Sensory pain may not be as long term disabling as motor nerve pain, but in a fight, long term is not the (only) focus. a couple good whaps to the outside thigh with a MT roundhouse, you are going to flinch every time your opponant looks like they are setting up another...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

With out Motor nerve you cant move your leg so you are a sitting duck. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

But the real important part about getting kicked on your weight bearing knee, is how fast you can grab some dirt once you are down and project that into your enemies eyes.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.